Pony Venting Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
Since I’m indifferent towards Cozy, I don’t care if they would’ve given her one or not, though I’d speculate and say that she would’ve been like Chrysalis and rejected that offer.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Myoozik  
Or possibly pretend to reform, and strike when the time is right. She’s so scheming, it’d be difficult to prove she’s reformed.

I kinda wish they’d of revealed she was secretly a midget, so people would hold her more accountable for her actions. (Granted, child-murderers, and such DO exist. So it’s a touchy subject if children criminals should get treated as adults.)

@Twi Clown  
I like the trio, (they’re certainly more entertaining then Groger would’ve been) but the drama is kinda souring me a bit on them sadly.  
I genuinely enjoyed the finale, but the fandom is kinda ruining it for me.
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Myoozik  
Not to mention how are they the ones that deserve redemption?  
The only argument seen that kind of makes sense is just that cosy is a child but the other two are not
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Beau Skunky  
I always found the theory of “Cozy Glow is secretly not a child and is just a midget” to be a silly one since she clearly looks like a child and I don’t see any indication in her mannerisms that she’s an adult.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Twi Clown  
Yeah, it’d be like people hating Batman for stopping Joker from killing somebody.

I also feel they’re being too hard on Discord too, (I say if you can forgive the trio, you should forgive him too) and I can kinda see why the writers did that controversial twist with him, because it kinda gives his character development closure, teaches him a harsh lesson, and ensures he would never try to manipulate events again. And fans keep insisting he “got away with everything” ignoring he got his magic taken away, had to treck accross Equestria on foot, (difficult for a being used to teleporting everywhere) being imprisoned by the trio, having to trick/fight them without his magic, (therefore risking his life, remember Tirek almost killed him) so I’d say he had plenty of crap happen to him.

And while they ignore the trio’s wrongdoings, they ignore Discord’s gooddoings.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@WyrmSpawN  
I’d say Cozy’s more guilty of that then Discord.

@northern haste  
There was only one brief hint she was, or she was possibly looking after them… But even then she gives an evil smirk, rather then a caring Mother look.

@Twi Clown  
I think they tried to make them unlikeable (like Chrysalis threatening to tear off Spike’s wings, which ironically is the one thing that didn’t trigger “Spike defenders.” Or Tirek chasing the fan-favorite “Pillar” pony Sonambula) but fans just ignore it…
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Myoozik

I’m certainly guilty of making long argument posts, but… yeah, I just cannot understand how some people can literally say things like “everything the Legion of Doom did, they did on his orders” or “Discord did more wrong than all three of them combined,” when they basically did everything without his input, even including the Bell retrieval.

And that’s not even entirely related to image macros/edits, either.

(speaking of a certain edit, I’m not entirely sure how it’s an authentic reaction to go “is my child next,” when she willingly blew up the castle and attempted murder multiple times, on top of the things she pulled before… then again, serial killers have gotten fangirls and such)

…also, I’ve seen someone bring up the freaking UN, regarding Cozy Glow. is it too political to criticize the UN on multiple levels, for the atrocities that occurred under their watch/Peacekeepers, or…

@Beau Skunky

People still kinda rag on Starlight’s pre-reform self as if it excuses or downplays any of those three, or as if it makes their punishments unjust (especially Cozy Glow), ignoring that she’s long-since changed, and was willing to do so.

Unlike Cozy, Starlight never betrayed Twilight, and at least with Discord, you could kinda understand him betraying them to Tirek in that Fluttershy was basically the only one who liked him, and he actually felt remorse. (He didn’t really try to betray them in S9, or he would’ve gotten them out of the way in the premiere, and he did feel bad about it, too)
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@northern haste  
Really I don’t know since the whole redemption idea was a flawed one from the get go what with Discord and Starlight Glimmer and even Garble and Ahuizotl of all characters getting one while those three haven’t since the ones I mentioned have done some equally bad or even worse things.

@WyrmSpawN  
It does sound like it
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
…also, I’ve seen someone bring up the freaking UN, regarding Cozy Glow.

That’s the reason for my vent, these people and these groups bringing up ludicrous stuff to defend these three. That and the favoritism with Cozy and especially Chrysalis while Tirek largely gets ignored.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Myoozik  
As I said, nobody cared about reforming Tirek, until AFTER he was associated with those two. They rarely give any other reason to reform besides his so-called “friendship” with them. (Ignoring they all pretty much hated each other half or most of the time. Cozy even tried to betray them for absolute power at one point.)

@AC97  
Now that is rather messed up stuff.

On the subject of Starlight, many haters or critics forget she only wanted revenge on Twilight, she didn’t understand the Butterfly effect she was creating. And when all said and done, she was the only antagonist whom ever felt so bad about their actions they actually turned themselves in, and she even stated she was willing to accept whatever punishment they gave her. Unlike the trio she never wanted to cause mass destruction, or wanted absolute power.

Cozy, and the others never felt bad, or showed remorse. Even that “so-called” epiphany moment in “Frienemies” where they almost show a good side, and almost learn a lesson about teamwork/friendship, they ignore that the trio rejected that notion, disgusted, and it was just meant to be a humorous bad guy moment, yet every one of those “trio-defenders” uses it to try to prove, “they’re good deep down,” or that it excuses them of everything bad they ever did.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Beau Skunky  
Discord got some comeuppence but I think he got forgiven too easily…those things happened because he did what he did in the first place, he apologized only when he got called out, and the whole Sombra part initially caused a lot of harm all around and he barely did anything to stop the extreme fear induced mind break ‘everyone not a main character got’ not to mention what he was planning to do. And then him contributing to and deciding their punishment like that was some sort of ‘redeeming’ factor, he wanted them to lose even when he was doing the things he needed to get comeuppence for he wanted to bring them misery…he shouldn’t have had a say.

…but that admittedly was always a thing that happened in the show. And I’m disappointed but I don’t mind it that much

I don’t even mind him being given a chance to get better, just with what he did the others should have also been given a chance they could easily have been captured or contained you had Equestria and like all its allies right there and they were weakened
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I even remember some bashing the show for reforming too many villains or antagonists, and were begging not to reform the trio.

So even if they did, half the fandom would be upset anyway.

@CottonTales  
In fairness, Discord revealed he was secretly protecting everybody during the Sombra incident, and possibly other events too. Nobody was killed, nor injured.

That brings up another thing, how come hardly anyone’s heart bleeds for Sombra?
CottonTales
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Beau Skunky  
Oh Sombra was the most messed up like I barely knew the guy and he was consistently a jerk but he died, GOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE, just to mcdie again.

But to answer your question probably the answer to most of the preference from most folks is chances for characterizations.  
Cozy, Chrysalis, and Tirek all gave the fandom time to get to know them as villain protagonists which you got to see angry, defeated, sad, happy, caring, vulnerable, and trusting which made their defeat easier to dislike; Sombra was just a dick in a few episodes even if his situation was objectively the worst
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@CottonTales  
Perhaps, (though, debatable if they were ever “caring”) but we’ve gotten to know other former-villain characters too, Discord & Starlight have had entire episodes for themselves, with sympathetic moments, and those people still claim those two are “unforgivable,” while insisting the trio deserve a hug.  
It’s like they only pay attention to one moment in “Frienemies.”

I think part of it might be due to some fanart, and fanfics portraying characters like Discord as a more darker/evil villain then they originally were. (Even stuff like “Woonastuck” is guilty of that.) Some fans tend to prefer fanon over canon, and let that influence them more.  
With all the “communist dictator” Starlight pics/fics, and “evil eldrichrich abomination” Discord ones, mixed with all the “Cutesy Cozy,” and “Sweet Bug Mama MILF Chrysalis” pics, it seems fanon is influencing people to the point, they’ll never accept canon, or certain characters the way they are.

Some even go so far as to demonize the Mane characters, and Celestia too for defeating their “heroes.” It’s getting to the point, some care more about the villains, and wouldn’t care if they killed the heroes. I even saw pics glorifying images of the Mane 6/Discord being sealed in stone instead full of happy comments.

It’s like bronies are becoming backwards, where good is bad, and bad is good.
Latecomer

@Beau Skunky  
Given how he did this despite learning his lesson several times before, a lot of people have somewhere between little and zero faith of it sticking this time. Furthermore he not only goes unpunished, but gets to punish others - and the epilogue adds insult to injury by shipping Fluttercord.

@Beau Skunky  
It’s quite possible to not want more than one kind of resolution.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide