Pony Venting Thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

There’s so much wrong with it that I keep flip-flopping on whether “Fix Abridged” would be worth the trouble of making.
“Hey boss. The thought occurs. These changelings aren’t anything like what our employer described. Kinda seems like we’d be committing genocide here. Shouldn’t we at least have a scene where we have second thoughts about this?”
“No. We’re supposed to be one-dimensional monsters that only exist to make Chrysalis look sympathetic.”
“Okay… Then why did the comic go to the trouble of humanizing us?”
“Just shut up and do your job.”
Chrysalis: “And that’s what I meant by ‘since I was small’!”
Twilight: “You were literally the biggest thing in the flashback.”
Lol. It does sound like it could be quite the amusing thing with a good amount of potential. Also, they were… really stupid in multiple ways in how they went about doing it.
@Penguin Dragneel
It feels kind of… checklist-y, in how it went about addressing it. I think it’s also interesting that her logic of “take away the darkness there’s nothing left” is being used, while it’s also simultaneously true that, say, Chrysalis has shown pretty much next to no redeeming qualities, especially not around her or anyone she knows… it’s like, it’s even more apparent that her mindset behind this is contrived.
She knows that some can be beyond change, and she’s directly seen at least one of them reject it and completely double down, but she’s willing to more or less throw her life away, without consulting Spike, or any of her friends, on if a better way might exist, all for her, in the end, selfish desire to possibly see them change, the possible repercussions to the world be damned if she isn’t succeeding? What would’ve constituted her definition of “failure?” Reaching none of them? “Only” reaching one, two of them? Far be it for the comic to address that.
It really is… an interesting way to go about it when a character is treating something that far outside of their control as a reason they pretty much can’t go on, and the heroes are all okay with this. The implications for such a thing are… not good at all, when you stop to think about it.
@DerpyFast
You probably could, alternatively, for instance, have Twilight… obsessively pursue a means of time travel, and keep going, and going, until she learns more, and then return to the present when she’s done. All she has to do is keep herself hidden somehow (there are invisibility spells in canon, for instance), and observe… if you’re not dealing with that Special Potion.
If it sounds implausible, you’d think Celestia would know what kingdom Tirek came from, on account of how that kidnapped unicorn incident went, and that there’d be some sort of records for where Cozy Glow had lived, somewhere… Chrysalis, I’d probably give you that one, on account of how hard it’d be to track her down during her younger years.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

You probably could, alternatively, for instance, have Twilight… obsessively pursue a means of time travel, and keep going, and going, until she learns more, and then return to the present when she’s done. All she has to do is keep herself hidden somehow (there are invisibility spells in canon, for instance), and observe… if you’re not dealing with that Special Potion.
If it sounds implausible, you’d think Celestia would know what kingdom Tirek came from, on account of how that kidnapped unicorn incident went, and that there’d be some sort of records for where Cozy Glow had lived, somewhere… Chrysalis, I’d probably give you that one, on account of how hard it’d be to track her down during her younger years.
There has to be a couple of changelings old enough to offer some insight into Chrysalis. But that just reveals another problem with the comic: Twilight doesn’t consider how the changelings might feel about their former ruler being freed from stone, especially considering they were the ones who overthrew her.
I had an idea for a scene where Twilight does manage to reach them, and they tear a strip off her for not doing her research.
Tirek: “You had all of Equestria’s resources, and no time limit. And you didn’t do any research before coming here.”
Chrysalis: “When I was in charge and needed something done, I used everything at my disposal.”
Cozy: “So much for ‘doing your homework’.”
Tirek: “Twilight, I have been alive for over 1,000 years.”
Chrysalis: “I ruled my hive since before you were born.”
Tirek: “We are not troubled teens in some young adult novel.”
Chrysalis: “Well, the brat might be.”
Cozy: “Pfff. As if. I’m not Jareth, I’m Jeremy.”
Chrysalis: “So Twilight, what was your plan if we weren’t interested in your little group therapy session?”
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Me too. For all its faults, I respect the hell out of the drive to keep working on it.
It’s more envy for me. But I’m envious of everyone who can develop a story, especially to completion, since I can’t even string together one chapter no matter how many premises I have in my head.
So like I said I’ve been delving into Fallout: Equestria. But well… it’s hard to find a fic that doesn’t include rape. It’s like a staple of the genre, almost always there, like cannibals in the games.
Including the original fic. That was a nasty surprise, especially considering who the victims were.
Maybe it’s fitting that Fallout: Equestria’s acronym is just one colon away from Fall of Equestria’s
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Roseluck
Semi-related tangent: Frenemies from Season Nine is legitimately one of the best episodes in the show. It’s worth checking out even if you’ve otherwise lost interest.
@Myoozik
@Penguin Dragneel
That’s kinda why it lives rent-free in my head from time to time. If it was just a middle-of-the-road comic I wouldn’t care. But the creative choices are just fascinatingly bad.
Background Pony #3FD8
@Goku Black
That’s weird. Well, I don’t see any “Leaving on #”, but the Whats-Leaving-Netflix site lists it as one of the shows that’s leaving.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Also, they were… really stupid in multiple ways in how they went about doing it.
By which I meant that the attempted genociders were… cartoonishly stupid/evil, in both how they went about it, and how they were laying out their motives. Which is odd for such a serious subject matter. It was bizarre. It really was, in how quickly it changed tone for the aggressors.
(Latter came first, former is the page after)
@Roseluck
That said, as far as venting is concerned, I do hope that at least it’s actually cathartic for DeusExEquus. If I were to draw/write something to vent about what I hate in G4, I’d only feel worse because it’d be twisting the knife in the wound rather than closure.
Yeah… I hope they’re getting something out of it, instead of it… not helping, or something. I can’t really claim to even guess if it’s helping them in the slightest or not.
@DerpyFast
Alternatively:
Cozy: “For someone who I’ve given credit for knowing stuff, you’ve shown quite the lack of imagination.”
(as a callback to The Summer Sun Setback)
Cozy Glow: Twilight Sparkle may be the worst, but she does know stuff. She once said the Archives in Canterlot has a restricted area.
That’s kinda why it lives rent-free in my head from time to time. If it was just a middle-of-the-road comic I wouldn’t care. But the creative choices are just fascinatingly bad.
This. Sometimes… truly mindboggling premise/story decisions can be more fascinating than the story itself could’ve ever hoped to be, and I think this to be the case here, IMO, unfortunately. There’s lessons to be learned about implications, reasonable reactions to perceived failures (or the lack thereof), and the like.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@AC97
You thinking whom I’m thinking? Rhetorical question; of course you are (both the character and the headspace with a rent-free penthouse suite).
@Penguin Dragneel, @AC97
If true, that’s…lazy. And honestly hypocritical of Twilight. But I can be sure most of the audience finds that a satisfying “take that” at the detractors.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Myoozik
Alicorn magic, which looks like dark magic is the only thing that can activate a potion owned by a zebra, whom should know next to nothing about alicorns, let alone potions only they can use.
And who’s to say it can see backstories that aren’t from alicorns?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Lord WyrmSpawN
I’m going to assume that all that traveling she’s done is where she’s managed to acquire this knowledge about them and made up a potion for it by using intel provided by either Celestia or Luna.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Latecomer
It’s indeed something I’d rather never read about but that’s not actually what bothers me. It’s the sheer, eyerolling omnipresence of it. Which I’d bet isn’t the case for fanfics of the original games.
At this point it feels like ticking off a checklist. Fallout EDGEquestria fic: must have rape. I tried reading three ‘Enclave protagonist’ (or close enough) fics for instance and, surely enough, all three involved it. Twice from the protagonist’s point of view, too.
Plus, as someone who tends to obsessively remove what feels unnecessary from my works, well. That subject feels negative necessary to me. At least with how it’s used and presented. Screams ‘doesn’t add anything to the story.’ Subjective though, obviously.
And the FoE writers on FIMFiction also seem to never bother with content warning in their descriptions or tagging their stories properly, so I was blindsided every time. Including with the original fic. And so I stopped reading FoE fics altogether, because that was like looking for a needle in a haystack. And that’s awkward because most of my to-write list revolves around that setting.
With ‘Fallout: Equestria, except without the edge’ having acquired a big place among the priorities after I read things for research.
Probably why my stories take place in the Remains storyline instead. I was so surprised by the original AU because that fangame is wonderfully edge-free.
edit: I guess the TL;DR of it would be, “rape is a tragedy, FoE turned it into a farce.”
Crazy Fan

@DerpyFast
But if you lost interest wouldn’t you be missing a ton of context by default? Like Cozy Glow’s previous episodes for example and the beginning of the mean 3’s whole union.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide