Pony Venting Thread

Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Had to start hiding certain images. I just couldn’t take it anymore. Never used that feature until now. I’m kind of bummed about it. Ashamed even.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Background Pony #761E
Just some stuff that I kept running across that was making me feel too self-conscious and depressed. Dipped my head too far down the rabbit hole. I had to do something about it. Though in a more positive light, it made me realize I’ve got a problem and that I need to do dilligence.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I never cared for the whole Pippamena thing, but I’m starting to get a bit tired of seeing it since to me, it looks like a gimmick where the novelty wore off. It’s telling that even the guy who came up with the idea thinks it’s starting to run its course.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
At least Pinkamena was mildly interesting and had some basis if you close an eye and squint with the other.
Pippamena is just a forced knockoff with even less sense.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
I don’t wanna sound mean since the guy who made it has an account here and he seems like a nice guy, but yah it seems like the idea is running its course.
Not helping that he sets up these big events in the blog then jut either skips them or skims through them becuase (in his own words) he’s too lazy to draw what actually happens.
Like making making a few memes/shitposts about Pipp with a crazy face, it’s funny. Dragging this on to a whole storyline involving other serial killers/ghosts is just milking it
Starponys87
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
@Red-Supernova
Update: Things have gone sour now with Izzy’s character. She’s now an airhead who’s less responsible than Pinkie Pie. In Episode #13 of “Make Your Mark”, she steals stuff, mugs a pony on the street, and destroys property in the search for a perfect piece to build the “perfect gift”.
In Episode #12, Zipp acts angry and suspicious of her friends for no apparent reason, presuming that one of them must have stolen her sunglasses. Episode #13 acts as if it were trying to justify Episode #12.
Background Pony #F839
Re-Watching Fall Weather Friends, and man, I forgot how much Rainbow annoyed me with her cheating the iron pony competition and smugness.
Background Pony #895B
>We could have had episodes that gave Zecora, Cheerilee, Shining Armor or Cadance more development
>Instead, we got Starlight Glimmer and the Student Six
Why did the writers keep adding new characters instead of developing the ones they had?
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Background Pony #895B
IMO, it’s because no one told them that the show was going to end in two seasons. Both Starlight and the Students were attempts to do a soft reboot of FiM after the M6 had largely achieved their series-long goals. However, executive meddling (plus the audience) kept demanding that Twilight & friends remain the protagonists, resulting in the mess we know as the final two seasons.
FiM would have been improved as a soap opera, where it’s accepted genre convention for characters to retire from the protagonist slot once their arcs have concluded.
Background Pony #0737
However, executive meddling (plus the audience) kept demanding that Twilight & friends remain the protagonists, resulting in the mess we know as the final two seasons.
Oof, though honestly, I don’t think people would take kindly to the 6 getting replaced.
In some ways, this was a damned if you do, damned if you don’t moment, and knowing the mane 6’s popularity, it wasn’t surprising they kept them over, even though it caused
  1. The last two seasons to suck.
  2. Less development for the characters (Zecora, Cheerilee, Shining Armor, Cadance) though I think going the other route would’ve been the same.
Background Pony #0737
FiM would have been improved as a soap opera, where it’s accepted genre convention for characters to retire from the protagonist slot once their arcs have concluded.
Only problem is, Hasbro was working on G5 by the time 2018 came, so this would be a moot point.
Also, I don’t think children like soap operas, adults probably.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide