Pony Venting Thread

lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
So for some reason My Little Pony is trending on Twitter this morning:

Kind of surprising since I think the last time I saw that was in the movie year.
Seeing that it’s finally hit me. I’m just not as enthusiastic about the franchise as I was before.
When I went to HarmonyCon in February I didn’t get the same feeling of elation I’ve gotten every other time I went to a pony convention (the drive down there being one factor). There’s tons of art and other pony related projects I’ve wanted to do for years, but aside from one I’m working on I have no motivation to do any of them. I only play Legends of Equestria during certain events when I used to spend way more time on it. All I ever do now is spend a few hours on Ashes Town every day just to hang out. Earlier this year I got DVD sets of every season of FiM except 2 and 3 (still need to get them, maybe) and most are still sealed. My last gasp may be the custom plushie I commissioned last month (which probably won’t be finished until next year).
Maybe it’s because I just got burned out, maybe it’s because of the politics in the fandom, maybe it’s a combination of those and other factors I don’t know but the joy seems to be gone for me.
Those 9 years were some of my best. And I miss them.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Man, I remember being part of the Taiwanese Brony group and seeing our own fair share of petty dramas. Some of us are really, really bad at letting things and people go. We even had a Facebook fan page specifically dedicated to talking shit about people and dramas. Such an interesting time.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@DerpyFast
Always a pleasure to see your posts.
I’ve also not thought about it in years, but I have two thoughts of my own to add to yours (which I agree with by the way).
First, I can see Starlight not believing the wasteland timeline is genuine. She had Twilight on the ropes and is smart enough to not trust her enemy to tell the truth instead of lying to get an edge (she’d probably do the same thing herself!). That’s immediately dropped in her next sentence after “I don’t believe you!” though and yeah, it doesn’t help the issues with her redemption.
Second, we only saw her in the premiere and in the finale. That’s still four episodes to humanize her and the writers probably dropped the ball on that… but I’m curious if they were learning from that when they actually devoted in-between episodes to the villains in season 9 (whether the ending voided that or not).
Incidentally, I watched Frenemies a few weeks ago, like you advised once. Thanks for the tip, I enjoyed it. It was just a little hard to picture actual villains when all I could see was three t(w)eenaged stepsiblings who can’t stand each other being stuck in the same summer camp with a “you’ll have fun OR ELSE” counselor though, haha.
But about Starlight, I’m also curious how things would have gone if she had her own mid-season appearances before The Cutie Re-Mark. Or at least, I’m wondering what these episodes/scenes would have shown.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Roseluck
It did manage to give the three more character and a great interaction between the three despite their differences, plus a good song and great comedy to go along with it.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah, the episode fixed (just for a little while) one of my issues with G4’s villains: they don’t actually exist outside of being villains. Their appearances on screen is entirely in relation to the heroes. It can easily feel like they’re closer to storytelling tools than to actual people, not much more than the moles in a whack-a-mole game. They basically exist for the real characters’ benefit.
Even Shego went to the spa or took vacations when she wasn’t fighting Kim Possible. Of course, she showed up much more often than any of G4’s villains, who were contained to premieres and finales until season 9 (or 8 if you count pre-reveal Cozy Glow).
And when some of them reveal they spent the whole time since their last defeat planning their revenge, without mentioning anything else, it also feels like a mix of “uh, get a life?” and “please grow up.” Yeah, it’s because it’s not necessary to mention what they’re doing that’s not related to the protagonists and/or current plot, but it’s kinda weird to have background ponies get more focus than the villains who threaten the whole country.
Going back to Frenemies, my favorite part of the comedy was the decidedly heroic and inspiring music that played once they agreed to work together. Exactly the kind of music you’d hear as heroes finally set aside their differences and work together to face the villain… except, you know. They’re the villains. And I’m sure that was entirely intentional.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Roseluck
Glad you enjoyed the episode, and the wall of text. (I’ve been threatening to revisit Season Two for awhile now.)
I think the episode would have been better if they just hadn’t brought up Sunburst until Season Six. Then Starlight cringes when she’s forced to admit that this was all because her childhood friend moved away.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Roseluck
I feel like it could’ve been necessary if they wanted to put more focus on this kind of arc. If they wanted the Season 9 arc to be about the villainous trio and their plot to take revenge, it would’ve been paramount to have more episodes on them to both develop them as characters and show how it was all going to play out. The only possible downside is that it would’ve divided people even further towards their fate in the finale.
Background Pony #23C0
@Mr.Myoozik
If everyone will permit me to engage in arm-chair psychology, but I’ve gotten the sense most of them are projecting. If I had to guess, I think a lot of them have issues with their families and blame them for their current state of being and see themselves in Sprout with his relationship to his mother.
Strange that they’d be going after Hitch, though. Then again, tearing down an adjacent character is a typical tactic for trying to make someone look better. We saw that with Trixie fans towards Twilight, Luna fans toward Celestia, Sunset Shimmer fans towards Starlight Glimmer, etc.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #23C0
Interesting theory, but I don’t think I can subscribe to that idea. I see it as more as them believing that Hitch screwed Sprout over for not really putting any faith on him with his job and not comforting him after he got defeated. That and also animosity towards Hasbro for ignoring him after the movie.
WaynePonePone
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Background Pony #23C0
Not just adjacent, potentially everyone is the literal devil as long as they’re not the biased character.
Remember, it’s always easier to blame someone else for awful behavior than actually calling out flaws and shortcomings of the certain character.
Andyxdr
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
I don’t like how people who think Discord should’ve been turned back to stone refuse to ever stop griping about it not happening. I feel like they have no respect for Discord fans.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@lonewolf
The Twitter trending page is especially bullshit at this point. It’s based on the topics you’ve interacted with rather than what’s popular at the moment. There’s always at least one MLP thing on my trending list. I see “#MLPG5” on there right now.
It happens though. The fandom and internet are in a different place than 9 years ago. Things can easily change beyond the point where you like them, and people change too. Hope you can find fulfilling things to enjoy, pony or otherwise.
@Mr.Myoozik
Agreed. Some characters just have really annoying fans for some reason.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Andyxdr
If I could play devil’s advocate, there’s a clear difference between believing that Discord should’ve been stoned and trashing on Discord fans who were happy that he didn’t get turned to stone. Most of the debates that I’ve been seeing are focused on the topic at hand and I don’t see fan bashing or anything like that. You can bash a character or idea while being respectful to the fan, and fans have to learn that different opinions exist cause not everyone has one huge collective mindset who believes in the same thing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide