Pony Venting Thread

Background Pony #0D88
I mean, yeah, Discord is a trickster, but I wouldn’t call him a mentor. That was my point. I think it’s more like he causes a problem, and someone learns a lesson by complete accident.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #0D88
if discord isn’t a mentor? why did he bow in this scene with twilight’s other mentors celestia and luna? why would the writers put that in? just because he doesn’t do the best job at it doesn’t mean he doesn’t try to take up the mentor role to help twilight
gif
go to this one for sound
Background Pony #11F7
@CORDZ2000
I literally found the episode so I could watch what immediately preceded the clip. That’s why I’m certain they did indeed just finish petrifying the 3.
Background Pony #11F7
@CORDZ2000
They obviously bowed in reverence to Twilight, but Discord was where he was because of what I said. Him bowing because he’s a mentor to Twilight sounds like specious reasoning.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
It’s so weird to be a spectator of such a long discussion about Discord.
I could care less about Discord but I don’t think Starlight suffers zero consequences post reformation, or at least she is self aware enough that she doesn’t need any. Her very own guilt, fear, and anxiety to punish herself. She takes her mistakes as an actual lesson and swears to never commit them again. She shows regrets which proves that she changed and she would constantly beat herself up if she makes a mistake again which she has. I guess it’s easier to trust when someone is shown to be trusted. And I don’t care if it’s unrealistic. This is a show about magical talking ponies and that’s how Starlight makes me feel.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #11F7 also because his plan worked and she proved she was ready to rule
@Just Wayne
this is all true starlight is a great person post reformation, but if being a good person was all it took to be a everyone favorite than flash sentry would be on everyones top 5. Ofc starlight is a way way better character than flash but that’s beside the point. THe point is while I would be more comfortable hanging out with starlight in real life like in a normal day to day and having her around as a friend more than discord. Discord can be fun too with all his powers and wacky personality but he’s also dangerous so probably not as much and maybe if he’s into guys..but that’s a whole nother thing 😅… anyways yes obviously starlight is a better person than discord but for me that doesn’t make her an objectively better written character, her change doesn’t make sense for me and never will because her reasoning for being a villain in the first place is so childish that I feel like she became too nice too fast etc etc what i already talked about.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
Anyways we can drop this now, sorry to everyone we went so long, yall can move on to another discussion. I’ll just go and talk about him in a discord fan server that im in. Because at the end of the day people will love starlight and that’s fine. I think she went from a great complex villain to a ok character when she was reformed. In ironically I become more of a fan of discord because of his reformation than when he was a villain, because i feel it made him more complex.
And ultimately i love discord no matter what anyone here says. I know he has his flaws too as a written character but I still do think he is one of the best written in the series. And is my personal fav, If discord had only 1 fan I’d be that fan, if he had no fans than I just either no longer exist or never discovered the series lol.
Background Pony #EDB8
this is all true starlight is a great person post reformation, but if being a good person was all it took to be a everyone favorite than flash sentry would be on everyones top 5. Ofc starlight is a way way better character than flash but that’s beside the point. THe point is while I would be more comfortable hanging out with starlight in real life like in a normal day to day and having her around as a friend more than discord. Discord can be fun too with all his powers and wacky personality but he’s also dangerous so probably not as much and maybe if he’s into guys..but that’s a whole nother thing 😅… anyways yes obviously starlight is a better person than discord but for me that doesn’t make her an objectively better written character, her change doesn’t make sense for me and never will because her reasoning for being a villain in the first place is so childish that I feel like she became too nice too fast etc etc what i already talked about.
👍
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
Sometimes I feel like some people think they’re giving legitimate criticism, but they’re really just nitpicking (it’s not just in regards to MLP)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide