Season 8 Episode Discussion [Spoilers, possible leaks, rumours etc.]

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Why is there only one screencap of Applejack’s scene? It’s like people only got one screencap per location in the episode…
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
Well, while I was on /mlp/ commenting the episode, some people asked how we would have handled this episode so I gave it a try, with the episode’s main concept being more or less the same. Since I got positive replies instead of being told to go and kill myself, I suppose it’s good enough to be shared here.

>Pinkie is giving her Laugther lecture  
>Notices that Yona isn’t laughing much  
>Pinkie talks to her after class  
>Turns out Yona is homesick  
>She makes very clear she still likes her life on Ponyville but sometimes she misses her home  
>Pinkie tries to give her some Yak things to cheer her up  
>Then she finds out about the Zenithrash, and struggles to get one so she could play the song of Yona’s people  
>But Pinkie plays like ass  
>So she practices a lot  
>But she still plays like ass  
>Yona appreciates the effort, though  
>Pinkie practices even more because she’s decided to cheer Yona up  
>She STILL plays like ass and Ponyville’s citizens cannot take this crap anymore because the Zenithrash cacophony is unbearable, everyone end up angry and unhappy  
>”Oh no, I made everyone angry and unhappy!”  
>Mane deflates  
>Twi and company decide to visit Pinkie to cheer her up, but when they arrive to Sugarcube Corner they find out she’s gone  
>Everyone think hey pushed her out from Ponyville, and go crazy looking for her  
>The search is interrupted by a huge storm  
>After the storm is over, Pinkie is back  
>Mane still flat  
>She tries to play for Yona one more time  
>This time she plays decently.  
>Not perfectly, but good enough as to make the Zenithrash’s tunes likeable to everyone  
>Turns out she left the town to practice away so she wouldn’t bother everyone again  
>The storm’s thunders muffled out the sound of her practice so nobody could tell what she was doing  
>Yona is moved, not as much for the Zenithrash’s song but for Pinkie’s sincere efforts to cheer her up  
>Pinkie’s mane goes poofy again  
>Episode ends with Pinkie practicing some more  
>It’s a catchy tune, Ponyville’s citizens find themselves bobbing their heads to the song’s rythm  
>Now and then Pinkie misses a few notes but it’s still a catchy song
Oddball64

Normal is overrated
Just watched Yakiky Sak, it’s so far the worst episode of season 8 and possible one of the worst in the series.
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
My yay to bleh.

1. Surf and/or Turf  
  2. Yakity Sax  
  3. The Break-up Breakdown  
  4. The Maud Couple  
  5. Marks for Effort  
  6. Horse Play  
  7. Molt Down  
  8. School Daze  
  9. The Mean 6  
  10. Non Compete Clause  
  11. Grannies Gone Wild  
  12. The Parent Map  
  13. Fake It ’Til You Make It
Esteban
Duck - "You would all have 10/10 episodes if i was responsible for this season as story editor and I could do it for free"

It’s very ironic how this episode was written by same people who so far wrote the best episode this season. I knew that Pinkie Pie is a much harder character to write than Discord (only Dusedau was able to fail) but the episode was such a standard example of how NOT to write Pinkie and Mane6 that I’m still surprised.

1 Break up Breakdown 9/10  
2 Grannies Gone Wild 7/10  
3 Horse Play 7/10  
4 School Daze 6/10  
5 Surf % Turf 6/10  
6 Mark for Effort 6/10  
7 Maud Couple 5/10  
8 Mean Six 5/10  
9 Molt Down 5/10  
10 Parent Map – 5/10  
11 Fake it till you Make It 3/10  
12 Yakkity Sax 3/10  
13 Non compete Clause - 1/10
hironakamura
Artist -

I liked the new episode. Its good filler. At first I thought I was gonna hate it because its gonna be like Secrets and Pies trying to tell Pinkie she’s no good at playing the bag pipes but then Twilight drops the bomb “We don’t want you wasting your time on something you’re not good at.” That really hit home.

Remember back in the day when cartoons taught children that you can be anything you want to be if you put your mind to it? Guess what, that’s how you make a millennial. Life is a constant stream of disappointments. You don’t always get what you want. I thought that was the lesson they were gonna teach Pinkie. Because it is okay. You’re good at other things, anyway.

I just wish they tweaked the ending a little bit. Nobody starts out good. Everyone starts out bad. That yak who was playing the instrument, I wish just offered to teach Pinkie how to play better, celebrating the fact that Pinkie was interested. As far as I know, no one was teaching Pinkie to play that thing. It would make it so that Pinkie can still play but only in Yakyakistan and someone would be tutoring her how to be good at it. They could’ve went with that route, I guess they ran out of time.
Magma_ERuptiOn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

I read this shit?
I think I would have liked it more if Pinkie had been depressed without turning into her alter ego, when I saw that I groaned a bit. I love Party Of One but had no desire to see this, it probably only works when she’s pissed off.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Remember back in the day when cartoons taught children that you can be anything you want to be if you put your mind to it? Guess what, that’s how you make a millennial. Life is a constant stream of disappointments. You don’t always get what you want. I thought that was the lesson they were gonna teach Pinkie. Because it is okay. You’re good at other things, anyway.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Esteban

Even if I don’t agree with you, and even I couldn`t answer your last post for private and time reasons, I respect your opinion here very much. And I can only expose a little to it. Except, of course, I’d write it differently. ;-)
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
I didn’t know the hiatus was over and a new episode was out. Just watched it, this honestly may be my least liked episode of MLP ever. There was just so much wrong with the way everyone acted and the moral, that it should be much easier to just say what was actually good this episode, but I can’t think of a single thing really.

Pinkie was selfish jerk who abandons her friends because they didn’t like her one new hobby that was actively making their lives worse, the way a junkie makes their friends lives worse, so they all apologize for telling her to stop. There’s not a single thing in this episode I can vibe with and I truly hope we never see this side of the Mane 6 again.

Lastly and most importantly, there was no Starlight Glimmer so the episode automatically losses points.

@Oddball64  
Just watched Yakiky Sak, it’s so far the worst episode of season 8 and possible one of the worst in the series.

Same.
RiskyPony
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I liked Yakity Sax. The whole moral hits close to home for me. I think it’s highly relateable to people who wish they were good at something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide