Viewing last 25 versions of post by Mildgyth in topic Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
"@Spinny":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4371090#post_4371090

I don't think it's a coincidence that it was also around Season 6 that the mid-season hiatuses started.

"@AWGear":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4371102#post_4371102

I think the deal is that somehow, the Hub could include clauses in their contracts that could stop the partners from airing the show before they did in the United States, but after Season 5, Discovery Family began to exclude those clauses when renegotiating, either because they didn't think it was important or because the others started pressuring them to remove the clauses and they didn't have the strength to insist on keeping them. and i think it's the latter, because they seem to have introduced the mid-season hiatuses specifically so the foreign networks wouldn't be able to air the whole season in three weeks.
No reason given
Edited by Mildgyth
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
"@Spinny":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4371090#post_4371090

I don't think it's a coincidence that it was also around Season 6 that the mid-season hiatuses started.

"@AWGear":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4371102#post_4371102

I think the deal is that somehow, the Hub could include clauses in their contracts that could stop the partners from airing the show before they did in the United States, but after Season 5, Discovery Family began to excluded those clauses when renegotiating, either because they didn't think it was important or because the others started pressuring them to remove the clauses and they didn't have the strength to insist on keeping them. and i think it's the latter, because they seem to have introduced the mid-season hiatuses specifically so the foreign networks wouldn't be able to air the whole season in three weeks.
No reason given
Edited by Mildgyth
Mildgyth

Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta

I think the deal is that somehow, the Hub could include clauses in their contracts that could stop the partners from airing the show before they did in the United States, but after Season 5, Discovery Family excluded those clauses, either because they didn't think it was important or because the others started pressuring them to remove the clauses and they didn't have the strength to reinsist on keeping them. and i think it's the latter, because they seem to have introduced the mid-season hiatuses specifically so the foreign networks wouldn't be able to air the whole season in three weeks.
No reason given
Edited by Mildgyth
Mildgyth

Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta

I think the deal is that somehow, the Hub could include clauses in their contracts that could stop the partners from airing the show before they did in the United States, but after Season 65, Discovery Family excluded those clauses, either because they didn't think it was important or because the others started pressuring them to remove the clauses and they didn't have the strength to resist. and i think it's the latter, because they seem to have introduced the mid-season hiatuses specifically so the foreign networks wouldn't be able to air the whole season in three weeks.
No reason given
Edited by Mildgyth
Mildgyth

Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta

I don't think it's a conincidence that it was also around Season 6 that the mid-season hiatuses started.

I think the deal is that somehow, the Hub could include clauses in their contracts that could stop the partners from airing the show before they did in the United States, but after Season 6, Discovery Family excluded those clauses, either because they didn't think it was important or because the others started pressuring them to remove the clauses and they didn't have the strength to resist. and i think it's the latter, because they seem to have introduced the mid-season hiatuses specifically so the foreign networks wouldn't be able to air the whole season in three weeks.
No reason given
Edited by Mildgyth
Mildgyth

Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta

I don't think it's a conicidence that it was also around Season 6 that the mid-season hiatuses started.
No reason given
Edited by Mildgyth