Viewing last 25 versions of post by Myoozik in topic Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - 100+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Wham Bam
"@AWGear":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4374706#post_4374706
I understand, I only wanted to help...

I'm not saying that they don't take criticism at all, it's that they would take the criticism if people can better explain it instead of being whiny and using slurs or insults or insulting them. Keep in mind that I'm not in any way talking about you, and I'm also not saying that every criticism against the episodes are whiny or like that, I'm just addressing the more vocal parts of that side who are the ones who get noticed more. With the example you listed, they were being constructive and polite about it, but if someone came to your art and said: [spoiler]"You keep making the same gore art over and over and it all sucks! Oh, NOW you're transitioning to hand drawn drawings of MLP mothers? You're being inconsistent now!"[/spoiler], I think you'd be upset too. There's also the case of people handling criticism differently, but that's a different subject in itself.

I'll admit I was generalizing with the whiny fandom bit, but that doesn't mean that isn't true. I'm not against complaining about stuff, cause I'll be a hypocrite since I complain about stuff as well, but sometimes I feel like people complain about stuff that isn't there. You probably might not see it, but there are people who complain about everything and just act unhappy for whatever reason.

You know what, I'll just cave in and say it: I don't like entitlement, like at all. It's one of those concepts that's always pissed me off and I wish would die. This whole "Give me what I want, cause I'm entitled to it! GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME!" thing really drives me up the wall and annoys me. You'll disagree with me, and that's fine, but I hate entitlement and self-centeredness with every fiber of my being. I'm also not a fan of the writers getting flack for literally everything, I just find that behavior to be dickish and douchey.
And I get that we're the consumers and that they should listen to our feedback, and I'm all up for that, but you got to keep in mind that the show still isn't made for us, it's still made for the purpose of entertaining their target demographic of little girls. Now am I saying that they should write solely for them and forget all the hard work they've done? No, of course not.

TL;DR

I still disagree with the whole entitlement/calling out the writers/nitpicking thing, and you know what, that's okay, I just thought you would see where I was coming from. We're way too offtopic so I'll just end this now. I'm sorry I dragged this for too long.
No reason given
Edited by Myoozik
Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - 100+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Wham Bam
I understand, I only wanted to help...

I'm not saying that they don't take criticism at all, it's that they would take the criticism if people can better explain it instead of being whiny and using slurs or insults or insulting them. Keep in mind that I'm not in any way talking about you, and I'm also not saying that every criticism against the episodes are whiny or like that, I'm just addressing the more vocal parts of that side who are the ones who get noticed more. With the example you listed, they were being constructive and polite about it, but if someone came to your art and said: [spoiler]"You keep making the same gore art over and over and it all sucks! Oh, NOW you're transitioning to hand drawn drawings of MLP mothers? You're being inconsistent now!"[/spoiler], I think you'd be upset too. There's also the case of people handling criticism differently, but that's a different subject in itself.

I'll admit I was generalizing with the whiny fandom bit, but that doesn't mean that isn't true. I'm not against complaining about stuff, cause I'll be a hypocrite since I complain about stuff as well, but sometimes I feel like people complain about stuff that isn't there. You probably might not see it, but there are people who complain about everything and just act unhappy for whatever reason.

You know what, I'll just cave in and say it: I don't like entitlement, like at all. It's one of those concepts that's always pissed me off and I wish would die. This whole "Give me what I want, cause I'm entitled to it! GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME!" thing really drives me up the wall and annoys me. You'll disagree with me, and that's fine, but I hate entitlement and self-centeredness with every fiber of my being. I'm also not a fan of the writers getting flack for literally everything, I just find that behavior to be dickish and douchey.
And I get that we're the consumers and that they should listen to our feedback, and I'm all up for that, but you got to keep in mind that the show still isn't made for us, it's still made for the purpose of entertaining their target demographic of little girls. Now am I saying that they should write solely for them and forget all the hard work they've done? No, of course not.

TL;DR

I still disagree with the whole entitlement/calling out the writers/nitpicking thing, and you know what, that's okay, I just thought you would see where I was coming from. We're way too offtopic so I'll just end this now. I'm sorry I dragged this for too long.
No reason given
Edited by Myoozik