Viewing last 25 versions of post by EotD in topic Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
So this Great Seedling can can alter time, speed up the harvest, or teleport ponies off this rock?

What I liked:

*Applejack**: ie the reasonably responsible adult. She comes off as really good here as she is concerned with the care and planning of this massive project the Apple family is undertaking and is able to give in to some of Apple Blooms desire to capture the seedling while also making sure she gets her work done with a rational that's understandable. And then when the proof seems more than coincidence she accepts the more unlikely outcome rather than being so stubborn as to not think that it's utterly impossible and being the overly stuck-in-there-way skeptic.

*Apple Bloom**: Still got a nice amount of childhood wonder to her. But really it's nice to see her and Applejack have some really good sisterly bonding, able to bring out the best in each of them.

*Big Mac**: Yeah I can relate. Not to the sleepwalking as the spirit of the forest thing but the working hard bit. And it was nice how he played in the resolution of the story.

*The Great Seedling**: Cool idea, playing around with the whole magic of the harvest and Earth pony magic. Wish that this had come up earlier.

*The Camo Hut**: Ponies are rather cute in camouflage helmets and the way Applejack fell asleep was funny

What I didn't like:

*Granny Smith**: I might be reading to much into this but there seems to be a bit of bad blood between her and Applejack. Like Granny really seems to be annoyed constantly by whatever Applejack does. Like when Applejack doesn't believe in the Great Seedling she's annoyed she's not letting Apple Bloom have her fun, but then when Applejack does she's still pissed off. And then she doesn't seem to mind that she left Applejack trapped in a hole for hours and thinks it's funny when Applejack clearly doesn't. But it wasn't like an unreasonable amount and understandable so it wasn't too bad

*The Timeline**: Eeyup that was a cutie markless Applejack with a baby Apple Bloom while both their parents were still alive, so how Apple Bloom is roughly the same age as Diamond Tiara beats me since it was shown in Where the Apple Lies that Filthy Rich and Spoiled Milk weren't married while Applejack was clearly a few years older.

So overall I really liked this episode. Sure it's not some overly energetic "jokes jokes jokes" episode or some "and though he doth received the book of thy Starswirl on the fifth age of the Moon during the long night" lore discussion piece. It's a nice little piece about Applejack and Apple Bloom that is a good character piece that just explores these characters and I like that. So this might not be the more energetic or lore defining episode of the season but it's still a very good episode in my books

Wrote this up in the other one too. Have the previous two episodes as well which I might post here if I feel like it
No reason given
Edited by EotD
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
o this Great Seedling can can alter time, speed up the harvest, or teleport ponies off this rock?

What I liked:
*Applejack*: ie the reasonably responsible adult. She comes off as really good here as she is concerned with the care and planning of this massive project the Apple family is undertaking and is able to give in to some of Apple Blooms desire to capture the seedling while also making sure she gets her work done with a rational that's understandable. And then when the proof seems more than coincidence she accepts the more unlikely outcome rather than being so stubborn as to not think that it's utterly impossible and being the overly stuck-in-there-way skeptic.
*Apple Bloom*: Still got a nice amount of childhood wonder to her. But really it's nice to see her and Applejack have some really good sisterly bonding, able to bring out the best in each of them.
*Big Mac*: Yeah I can relate. Not to the sleepwalking as the spirit of the forest thing but the working hard bit. And it was nice how he played in the resolution of the story.
*The Great Seedling*: Cool idea, playing around with the whole magic of the harvest and Earth pony magic. Wish that this had come up earlier.
*The Camo Hut*: Ponies are rather cute in camouflage helmets and the way Applejack fell asleep was funny

What I didn't like:
*Granny Smith*: I might be reading to much into this but there seems to be a bit of bad blood between her and Applejack. Like Granny really seems to be annoyed constantly by whatever Applejack does. Like when Applejack doesn't believe in the Great Seedling she's annoyed she's not letting Apple Bloom have her fun, but then when Applejack does she's still pissed off. And then she doesn't seem to mind that she left Applejack trapped in a hole for hours and thinks it's funny when Applejack clearly doesn't. But it wasn't like an unreasonable amount and understandable so it wasn't too bad
*The Timeline*: Eeyup that was a cutie markless Applejack with a baby Apple Bloom while both their parents were still alive, so how Apple Bloom is roughly the same age as Diamond Tiara beats me since it was shown in Where the Apple Lies that Filthy Rich and Spoiled Milk weren't married while Applejack was clearly a few years older.

So overall I really liked this episode. Sure it's not some overly energetic "jokes jokes jokes" episode or some "and though he doth received the book of thy Starswirl on the fifth age of the Moon during the long night" lore discussion piece. It's a nice little piece about Applejack and Apple Bloom that is a good character piece that just explores these characters and I like that. So this might not be the more energetic or lore defining episode of the season but it's still a very good episode in my books

Wrote this up in the other one too. Have the previous two episodes as well which I might post here if I feel like it
No reason given
Edited by EotD