Viewing last 25 versions of post by gingerninja666 in topic Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
"[@Tirimsil":](/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4566506#post_4566506

)

I didn't say they were amazing?. I wasn't even saying that a version of the finale with Grogar as the main villain wouldn't have worked. I'm just saying that I liked what they chose to do in it's own way.

I said "The core problem wasn’t solely "Bad man wants to destroy/conquer the world"" because it's not. The villain trio were an effect, caused by Discord doing what he's been doing the entire season. I don't think the finale's perfect, in fact I wish this aspect would've gotten more screentime. I give Discord more slack because his motives really do seem genuine to me. In other episodes where he's gone into dickish troll mentor mode, he's clearly had some kind of ulterior motive (wanting to ruin Twi's time with Cadance, wanting to see Twi squirm and freak out, bitterness over not being given a position at the school). Here though, he doesn't personally gain anything by doing this. Which leads me to believe his motives HAVE to be primarily altruistic. Which is new for him.
No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
"@Tirimsil":/pony/season-9-discussion-thread-no-spoilers/post/4566506#post_4566506

I didn't say they were amazing? I wasn't even saying that a version of the finale with Grogar as the main villain wouldn't have worked. I'm just saying that I liked what they chose to do in it's own way.

I said "The core problem wasn’t solely "Bad man wants to destroy/conquer the world"" because it's not. The villain trio were an effect, caused by Discord doing what he's been doing the entire season. I don't think the finale's perfect, in fact I wish this aspect would've gotten more screentime. I give Discord more slack because his motives really do seem genuine to me. In other episodes where he's gone into dickish troll mentor mode, he's clearly had some kind of ulterior motive (wanting to ruin Twi's time with Cadance, wanting to see Twi squirm and freak out, bitterness over not being given a position at the school). Here though, he doesn't personally gain anything by doing this. Which leads me to believe his motives HAVE to be primarily altruistic. Which is new for him.
No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666