Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@Anonycat  
ya, but that’s only the case when you add them to the “hidden images” section. Otherwise, the will still have the visible “censorship picture”.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@ILoveMyoozik  
“What lies beneath” was a really good episode, tough it felt like an excuse to put alot of development into one episode. It would be better if development were to be spread onto few episodes, than rammed into one.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@AWGear  
Eh, it kinda did. I’ll admit that their development was rushed as fuck, but since WLB turned out to be a great episode, I’ll forgive it. It also showed to not fuck with the tree, cause it can do whatever the fuck it wants, bitch! Isn’t that right, Gallus?
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@ILoveMyoozik  
Ya, tree of harmony is awesome. Tough I wish they wouldn’t be soo “lazy” with making it being represented by that wierd, crystal Twilight.

It seems to be done for absolutely no reason. If anything, it should be represented by one of the Pillars, since they planted the tree.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
All of them are so going to do the sticky sticky after their done backstabbing Grogar. 😏

Great episode! I loved it!  
Final Ranking: A+
rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
Just the kind of episode I wanted to see after The Beginning of the End. Really hope we see more of this before the finale.

GREAT:

1. Sparkle’s Seven  
    2. Frenemies  
    ––––––––––––––––  
    GOOD:

2. The Beginning of the End  
  3. She’s All Yak  
    ———————————  
    OKAY:

4. The Point of No Return  
  5. Uprooted  
    ——————————  
    AVERAGE:

6. Common Ground
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
Well shit. I’m backing up on my last weeks conclusion that “She’s All Yak” was the worst episode of Season 9. THIS has been MUCH WORSE. Let’s gather it all up into pros and cons:

Pros:  
  1. Betrayl plot sounds rather interesting, and something I’m looking forward to.  
  2. Cozy abuse was entertaining as hell to watch.  
  3. Some of the development on Chryssi’s character was quite great as well.  
  4. Song was fantastic.

Cons:  
  5. Those are scheming and powerfull evil masterminds, not a disfunctional family. After this episode threating them seariously is almost impossible with the level of bastardization that thier characters recived. Tirek isn’t just a lazy henchman with muscles and ability to “suck-off” others for thier essence. He was behind both His and Cozy’s plots. Turning him into a slacker and the “strong guy” disregarding his other qualities.  
  6. Cozy Glow is still here for some reason? She has no powers (except of possibly giveing an idiot ball to anyone who belives her “act” and being annoying) and no reasons to be there. She should have been killed off in the premiere since her further involvement is pointless. She is still just as much of a garbage character as she always was, taking the spot of the worst mlp vilian.  
  7. Grogar still sucks. I’m done with hearing “How storng he is” and having no proof for it. Everything he did in this episode we have seen already. Just show us something that will really mean that “He is the stongest character in the show” instead of trying to drive the point with meaningless words.  
    In actuallity, he is probably one of the worst MLP villians as:  
  • He was beaten by a single unicorn (outsmarted),  
  • He cannot make the ponies HE gathered to listen to him.  
    Everything we have seen from him makes him look like a fool.  
  1. Plot twist makes no sense. As much as I enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to the betrayl, it makes zero sense with the fact that Grogar can see everything through his crystal ball. It’s ethier that Grogar is an idiot and didn’t see them scheming through the ball (which drives the point of him being an attrociouis villian home) or our trio of villians is a bunch of idiots who, despite the fact that they say Sombra’s fate through the glass, didn’t think that Grogar will see them scheaming too. “Idiot ball” is in the game already, but we don’t know on which side.  
  2. Pacing of the episode was, again, off. The conclusion of “working together” came way too soon. It should have take at least 2 episodes of it for them to realize it. It’s a slight problem, but a problem.  
  3. Nitpick, but Hasbro seemingly forgot that changelings speak with the voice of thier disguise. It made no sense for Cryssi to speak with her own voice, because she was trying to imitate Twilight.  
  4. Second villians episode and I already miss Sombra. Mainly because everyone besides Chrissy suck. If you were to show this episode to us just as we have seen “Twilight’s Kingdom”, nobody would belive that this is the same Tirek. The same guy who on his own could conquer whole equestria(if not for the “Magic Box bs”) has to mess around with A child who is in his team as his equal. Why he can’t just take her essence?  
  5. Because I need to bitch about Cozy again. Her involvement at this point is pointless. Her only power is acting. Since her cover was already blown, and her true personality exposed, noone in equestria should belive in it. Why then we keep her in the show? Why can’t we have Tirek just steal her essence and be stronger? Why couldn’t she get destroyed in the premiere? The only explanation is see is the garbage level of writting.

Over all, I think this is the worst episode so far. “She’s all yak” was bad due to being extreamly cringy, but it at least didn’t ruin the established personality of main characters (except of making Rarity slightly racist). This episode (for the most part) turned the most dangerous ponies in Equestria (and Cozy Glow) into a Sawyer family with Daddy Tirek, Mommy Chrissy and Grandpa Grogar. They are no threat to anything at this point, just another bunch of comic relief characters. Even with the song being fantastic, jokes being mostly funny and Queen’s development, it was still a trainwreck of an episode.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@AWGear  
You will never be pleased with anything, dude…

Just turn off your brain and enjoy something, you don’t need to analyze everything and put it in some form of context.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
You will never be pleased with anything, dude…

I loved Sparkle’s Seven and Common Ground. Those were some of the perfect episodes.

I’m also waiting for the episode that comes on 1st of June, since it looks like something I might like.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide