Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@AWGear  
I didn’t think she was a bitch at all. Given what a complete ass Garble was, getting called out by Fluttershy like she’s someone’s mom was immensely satisfying.

@AWGear  
Can someone PLEASE explain it to me why everyone thinks soo low of the “Common Ground”? It really keeps me up at night.

Because it’s just not that good.

Yes, the part where Wind Sprint and Clear Sky have a talk, and the part where Wind Sprint and Quibble finally start bonding are both excellent scenes.

Yes, the show deserves credit for touching on a heavy topic like a parent remarrying.

Yes, this is clearly something personal to Patton and his daughter, and that adds something to it.

But everything else just isn’t that interesting. Quibble is incompetent to the point where it detracts from the weight of the episode, and the episode gets repetitive quickly.

So by the time we get to those excellent scenes, they feel like a crutch propping up and otherwise unremarkable episode, rather than the culmination of a great episode. Believe me, I want to be right there next to you calling this a great episode that does an amazing job with a difficult topic. But I just don’t think it gets there.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@DerpyFast  
Problem is that an assertive person wouldn’t resort to yelling or getting phisical. They’d keep thier cool and talk firmly to Garble. Once Flutters gets to yelling is where the “flutterbitch” comes out.

The only thing I could complain about in that episode would be the bad acting skills of the people who weren’t even voice actors. Besides that, I couldn’t find it boring at all. All jokes were top notch, as I belive that Patton has helped writting them. We finally had some “Slapstic comedy done right” during the episode and it only got slightly cringy during the buckball match part, but it never went to be as cringy as the “New Yona” in She’s all Yak.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
“So, Garble is a poet now? how did that happen?”
“It was about four years ago - His warband was in a battle with a warband from the dragon clan over by that hill and he got his head run through by a spear. that was some serious shit - they already had a funeral pyre ready for him….
“But aren’t we fireproof?”
“We can burn once we die. anyway, our healer was working day and night trying to help him. He survived, but he hasn’t been the same ever since. He couldn’t fight as well as before, then he figured out that he wanted to become a ozan. He’d go out and meet the elders to learn the old songs, but he was already down with the warband, and as long he hadn’t lost a limb or two, or died, he couldn’t back out anymore without being branded a coward, and his buddies thought that it wasn’t becoming for a warrior to be a ozan, so that’s how we got here.”
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@AWGear  
Raising your voice once does not a bitch make, and she never gets physical.

Slapstick is more about the well-timed impact. Fall Weather Friends or Looney Tunes are example of slapstick. Common Ground was more about cringe comedy. Comedy is subjective, so you might just have to agree to disagree on the entertainment value of Common Ground.
Magma_ERuptiOn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

I read this shit?
Thought he episode was good, better than I thought I’d like it given that it was going to be Spike and Smolder episode(nothing against them really), I was clueless about the Garble thing since I’d long since filtered the relevant tags, to my mind he hasn’t been redeemed just chilled out a little. Assertive Fluttershy was a welcome return for me, I felt she was regressing into a bit of a scaredy cat at times during s8.

1. Frenemies  
  2. The Beginning of the End  
  3. Common Ground  
  4. Sparkle’s Seven  
  5. Sweet & Smoky  
  6. The Point of No Return  
  7. Uprooted  
  8. She’s All Yak
Background Pony #5203
The best part about Sweet and Smokey was the moment Fluttershy asked if the eggs are Ember’s and she blushed madly about it :D

About the eggs, if they only needed heat to hatch, what does this say about Twilight hatching Spike? Did she actually just cast a heat spell on the egg? Or did she hatch him by another means with her insane magic levels?
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@AWGear  
oh FUCK SHE POKED HIM AND BOOPED HIM!!1!!!1 FUCKING SHIT LIKE THIS CAN’T STAND, BURN HASBRO TO THE GROUND FOR MAKING HER SUCH AN EVIL BITCH!
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@AWGear  
I guess that’s technically getting physical, but it’s a pretty weak example. Also, raising your voice multiple times during a confrontation still does not a bitch make.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
Flutterbitch is the mean version of fluttershy Like in season1 where discord turend al The pony’s into mean pony’s. the Mean version of fluttershy Is calles flutterbitch
the “official” definition on Urbandictionary

That’s just how it’s called. It’s still being mean. Assertive person wouldn’t yell at someone or get up thier face.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
I’d like to point out that Fluttershy nearly did go off, but stopped herself and continued at a reasonable tone. She’s not only learned how to assert herself, but how to do it without going to far.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@GenericArchangel  
That’s inconsistent writting. She goes half of the line yelling at someone and then stops for no reason whatsoever. If it was made on purpouse, writters would surely let us know by having someone commenting on that. (you know, like every other time that fluttershy acts “assertive”)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@AWGear  
I’m pretty sure that’s called “realizing what you’re saying and dialing it back”. It’s an actual human trait and Rainbow Dash has done that a few times in the episode “Hurricane Fluttershy”.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Anyways, I rewatched “Frenemies”. I still think Chrysalis and her hive are more interesting without each other. Say what you will about the new changelings, but at least stuff happens with them now. Meanwhile, Chrysalis is much more entertaining now that she has to get creative with her powers, instead of sending an army to do her bidding.

In my unbridled praise in the form of a rant, I forgot to mention an important detail about the climax. Tirek is put in a position where he could leave Chrysalis starving and powerless, and Cozy Glow trapped forever. If you think back to what Chrysalis and Cozy did in their respective finales, that would’ve been poetic justice. But instead of repeating his betrayal of Discord, he keeps his promise. It’s a nice reincorporation for all of them.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@AWGear  
Lol I thought you meant an earlier scene, she’s not even yelling at Garble, just raising her voice some. It’s also consistent throughout the scene.

Oh, and the behavior being discussed is so common there’s an entire episode about it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide