Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

1. Urbandictionary is useful for understanding internet slang, but you shouldn’t reference it for even a semi-serious analysis.

2. There’s a pretty big difference between being malicious because you’ve been brainwashed, and being confrontational when standing up for a friend.

3. It’s not inconsistent. It’s the ability to regulate tone as appropriate.

4. It is assertiveness. I’m starting to think you don’t know what assertiveness is.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
Assertiveness is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive.

Getting up in someones face, yelling and making phisical contact in a discussion counts at least as “verbal agression”.

She shouldn’t have raise her voice in first place, she shouldn’t have yelled. She should have said everything with the “3rd phase” voice.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@AWGear  
…so you admit she was doing the right thing by standing up for her friend when it could’ve ended badly for her? I’ll also add that it’s unlikely the dragons would be dumb enough to harm her, what with Fluttershy being under Ember’s presumed protection at the very least.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@GenericArchangel  
She was doing the right thing, but in a very dumb way.  
I’ll also add that she should be already DEAD for standing in such close proximity to lava. She should look something more along the lines of:  

With Twilight and Rarity, you could explain that with protective spells. There is no explanation why Fluttershy isn’t dead from the heat. Another reason why she shouldn’t be in this episode at all.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@AWGear  
You can stand that close to lava and be just fine, it’s not as hot as you think and that’s not how heat works. But, if it really matters to you, I invoke “Discord did it,” an argument that can’t be countered.

Anyways! You admit she did the right thing, so why complain about the writing?
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@GenericArchangel  
I haven’t heard about someone standing inside of an active volcano and be fine after that.

I said it before, “morality” in mlp is most of the time stellar. It’s the diffrent parts of writing that are the problem.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I didn’t like Common Ground very much. It’s not a bad episode, just mediocre. I’ve never cared about buckball and I thought Quibble Pants was too incompetent to be believable.

She’s All Yak was too predictable. It was obvious from the start that Yona’s clumsiness would be the undoing of the dance and that the moral would be a variation of “Be yourself.” Sandbar’s crush on Yona should have been more established because it felt like it came out of nowhere and it was never established what Sandbar sees in Yona. The song with Rarity was nice though, besides the bipedal poses.

Frenemies was my favorite episode of this season next to Sparkle’s Seven. The way Tirek, Cozy, and Chrysalis interact with each other is hilarious. I liked Chrysalis the best. She’s still an insane loser talking to a log, but she’s funny and the episode made great use of her shapeshifting abilities. I almost wish Sombra hadn’t been killed permanently so he could have been part of their dysfunctional family.

Sweet and Smoky is the Garble episode nobody asked for. I mean, it’s fine. I liked the episode well enough. But wouldn’t it have been better with more Ember and less Garble?
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@kleptomage  
I think that way too many people took Common Ground as “Buckball” episode, when in reality it was just a background to the plot about Quibble trying to connect with his daugther. You could replace buckball with anything, and it wouldn’t change the main plot.

@DerpyFast  
Problem is, that Flutters has this “tone problems” ever since she appeared. If you want to look for a good “assertive and shy” character, you have Big Mac. He almost never raises his voice, yet he can stay assertive at all times.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@gingerninja666  
Also, buckball was only “important” in 2 episodes before. It’s no wonders that they tried to use that once again. It also gives us more time with Snails, Flutters and Pinkie
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@GenericArchangel

Why is anyone arguing about thermodynamics in MLP anyway?

This show would’ve had Rarity die from the Sonic Rainboom back in S1 if it were 100% realistic, due to the sharp turn.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide