Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@ILoveMyoozik  
I technically could too, but it wasn’t even 5 episodes apart for Celestia’s sake.  
Where is the quality control in Hasbro?

It’s like with School Raze and Uprooted with the missmatched element colours on the Young 6.  
When it’s a retcon to something from seasons up to 5, it’s acceptable. But they can’t do 5 episodes without contradicting themselves on the way. It’s unacceptable.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
Next Three episodes sound really interesting, and I am really looking forward to them.

With all that said, I am worried about the episode 13, as it was written by Gail Simone, who is recconized for being “one of the most important females in comic industry; is noted for raising awareness of the representation of women in comics”.

She has also did no previous work for the show (which reminds me of a certain other writter ) which just makes me feel more uncertain.

My worry is that the episode may be a little preachy, if it’s writter decides to put her own beliefs over the actual quality of the story.

It’s not something that would make me skip the episode, but it creates some uncertainty about it’s acutal quality.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@ILoveMyoozik  
Me too. If they wrote a good episode, I will be praising it as much as I did today’s. Tough it’s not keeping me from having my worries when an individual who’s known for having an agenda will be writting an episode.

People need to learn that I am not saying that “episode is bad because it’s written by x”. If Becky Wangberg would come to write another episode, with the change being that this one wouldn’t suck, I would praise it just like the others. All I am saying that I have my worries for the quality of episode if an ideolog with no expirience on ponies will be writting a piece for the final season of the show. I doesn’t sound like a wise decision, but it may turn out great. Only time will tell.
rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
What I like the most about Apple Bloom wanting to catch The Great Seedling doesn’t just come from her being a naive kid, she wants to catch it due to it being beneficial to the harvest.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@ILoveMyoozik  
Hopefully not. It’s not good for the story.

And the story should be the most important in any show, especially in last season of our fav pastel horses TV show.

@rdibp

She is quite like AJ in this manner. She wanted to do that to help her family, and thats admirable.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@ILoveMyoozik  
I knooow… but I was kinda hopeing that another “Background pony swearing troll” is gonna come up and yell at me for “disagreeing with the important values”. It’s fun to see people getting worked up defending thier ideologies, and it makes for an interesting social study ^^

On a diffrent note, I really like that Apple Bloom helmet with sticks. It looks awesome for a show that tries to avoid “dark” subject like death or divorce, but has no problems with showing of helmet that would belong on a real life soldier ^^
rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
I really hate the mindset most people have that every single episode should be some grand epic adventure just because it’s the last season.

While I do want big episodes here and there, the show is at it’s best when doing slice of life stories.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@rdibp  
I hate that too; that’s one of the reasons why I left the other Season 9 thread cause there were way too many people (especially BGP’s) clamoring for that crap.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@rdibp  
Like today’s episode?

To be honest, the episodes I enjoyed the most “Common Ground”, “Sparkle’s Seven” and “Going to Seed” were the best of the season, and are tehnically a “slice of life” type ones ^^

Looking back, I generally find Slice of Life (not the episode, that was a mess) to be the most interesting types of the episodes, as they mostly work to flesh-out characters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide