Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@gingerninja666  
Why does Twilight have ability to send letters to Tartarus? Why would she even send them there?

Besides, I think it’s cannon that she can only write to Celestia through spike. Other messages would go through Equestrian mail, but they still shouldn’t have ability to deliver to Tartarus.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@Dustcan  
Yea, he’s pretty useless when stuck in a cage in Tartarus.  
@GenericArchangel  
No he doesn’t? He’s a criminal at least, and (litterally) a monster. Why should he have rights? Besides, if anyone would be able to send him letters, it would be limited to Celestia and (if he’s still alive) Scorpan.  
Tartarus is a “high security” prison for Equestria’s most dangerous criminals, not a bloody hotel. Even if he had rights to mail, it would probably be checked for it’s contents.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
@AC97  
Proof that the little details are what make episodes amazing.

@AWGear  
That’s… not how that works. Criminals do not forfeit (all) their rights by committing crimes, even people in supermax enjoy the protections of the Constitution. Completely cutting someone off from the outside world is solitary confinement, which is generally considered inhumane long term. So why not let Tirek write letters? The only reason it went wrong was because a very specific set of six artifacts were all accessible by someone hellbent on causing trouble.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@GenericArchangel  
um, BECAUSE HE TRIED TO TAKE OVER EQUESTRIA SUCKING MAGIC OUT OF EVERYONE INCLUDING PRINCESSES? if Eqeuestria was more “real” he’d get death penalty for something like that.

But back to the fiction. As I said. Even if he had rights to mail, it would be read by the authorities before being sent out. Cuz.. you know.. he might be trying to escape.

And no matter if he got mail or not. It’s still a plothole that was never explained. “How Cozy Glow got in contact with Tirek”.
GenericArchangel
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@AWGear  
Death penalty is also being phased out, but whatever. Yes, someone should’ve read his damn mail, but as I said, what could he realistically do from Tartarus? Escape is basically impossible because of Cerberus, and coordinating an external plan would’ve relied on so many things being true that he’s incredibly lucky Cozy Glow was around to take advantage of the opportunity.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@AWGear  
Once. Cerberus got out once.

Anyways! Was a good episode. Loved the tiny details, like AJ being the only one trying to tell the truth from the start and the security system continuity.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@GenericArchangel  
And was tricked… how many times? By M8, by Tirek, by (I belive) Bug Bear (or some other creature that escaped from tartarus.

Also, the security system… eh… The fans look really out of place. Like, they don’t fit the beauty of Canterlot.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@AWGear

Although it’s stated nowhere, I’m fairly sure the Bugbear escaped at around the same time as Tirek, because the latter escaped in the S2 episode It’s About Time, and Bon Bon said “escaped years ago” regarding the Bugbear in S5.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
So it looks like Twilight is indeed going to take over raising the sun and moon. It definitely feels like Celestia and Luna should still be doing that themselves, at least.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@AWGear

He wasn’t tricked the first time. He just ran away from Tartarus for the first time in 1000 years. It was during that that both the Bug Bear and Tirek escaped.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@gingerninja666  
It doesn’t really says anything good for the place when it’s guard dog can run off at any time he wants. Unless that de-powered Tirek helped him, which would be wierd.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
So apparently, in addition to the two-part finale, there’s going to be an epilogue episode. Am I to understand this season will have 27 episodes, then, or that the finale will begin with episode 24 rather than 25?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
(Couldn’t watch the episode while it was airing because my Internet went down (Still is) but I watched it now.)

What I learned from watching this episode: when a festival or a celebration is being prepared in Fiction, it will almost always go wrong. Damn you Murphy and your stupid law.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the episode a lot, so far my favorite of the latter half of the season.  
Final Ranking: A+
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@rdibp  
Pretty much.

I’m pretty sure last week’s Twilighting only exists so that we appreciate the lack of Twilighting this week. The Legion of Doom totally stole the show. It was actually pretty satisfying seeing Twilight raise the sun, although I feel like the moment could have been paced better.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide