Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Rainbow Dash: Oh, yeah, totally. You’re not gonna panic and screw it up at all!

Wait a minute… has the phrase “screw it up” or something along those lines been used in Friendship is Magic before?

Only other case I can think of in G4 was in Rollercoaster of Friendship (Equestria Girls), where Applejack said this:

Applejack: The parade’s about to start! Ugh! If only I had done somethin’ or said somethin’ different! Maybe none of this woulda happened. [sighs] I really screwed things up with Rarity.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Miss Shy  
I always try to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. I really didn’t like last week’s Twilighting, but on some level, I appreciate that they’re giving her an inner demon to conquer, so that her taking the throne feels like an accomplishment rather than just a formality. I think it’s just a testament to how long this show has been going, and how long these characters just haven’t had any real direction.

I will say, though. I seriously got chills when they played the fanfare and Twilight raised the sun. Seeing Celestia raise the sun was the event that started all of this.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I actually got a tiny little bit emotional during Twi’s speech at the end. About naming a new celebration in honour of the sisters. Like, it makes the whole “they’re going away” thing feel that much more real.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@rdibp

Still gets defensive over Gram-Gram, catches birds reflexively… Tirek ironically enough has shown more signs of having slight amounts of sentimentality than Chrysalis the love-eater has. Whether that will actually amount to anything other than blink and miss it gags is another story entirely.

@gingerninja666

It was sweet for Twilight to do that for her mother Celestia and Luna.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
Finally I had the opportunity to watch the new episode, and the first thing I will say is how Starlight got excluded again, specially in this kind of episode.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@E-123

Speaking of which, I think I remember seeing some comment along the lines of “if Starlight wasn’t there, then Chrysalis didn’t have a reason to be there.”

Which, speaking as someone who likes her, is a load of crap due to her role being completely justified. Chrysalis can hate more than one pony in the pursuit of villainous schemes, y’know.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@ILoveMyoozik

I’m pretty sure she does hate Twilight as well. She probably wouldn’t have been taking as much pleasure reminiscing in her freaking out in Frenemies (regarding A Canterlot Wedding) if she didn’t.

And if she has any idea what Spike did, regarding Thorax? How he was a contributing factor to her losing everything (still entirely her fault though).

You’d better believe she hates him.
Magma_ERuptiOn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

I read this shit?
  1. Frenemies  
  2. The Beginning of the End  
  3. Between Dark and Dawn  
  4. The Summer Sun setback  
  5. Sparkle’s Seven  
  6. The Last Laugh  
  7. Common Ground  
  8. Student Counsel  
  9. The Last Crusade  
  10. 2 4 6 Greaaat  
  11. Sweet & Smoky  
  12. A Trivial Pursuit  
  13. Going To Seed  
  14. The Point of No Return  
  15. Uprooted  
  16. She’s All Yak
Background Pony #5203
I found it hilarious that these “brilliant” security measures actually still exist :D

Notes while watching:  
Why did Discord not notice anything? He felt Tirek stealing magic before.  
Why did nobody recognize Cozy Glow? The trivia game proved that ponies are aware of super villains.

Okay, Discord at the end… HE KNOWS, doesn’t he?

Really curious how they will use that concept of race wars in the future.

@AC97  

That was cute. Seems like Roseluck has a good shipping candidate.

Yeah, that was surprising! The doctor pulling Rose to himself and hugging her! SHIPPING! Or are they related?
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Why did nobody recognize Cozy Glow? The trivia game proved that ponies are aware of super villains.
She’s the newest villain, so compared to others, info has circulated the least. Rusty Bucket was completely out of the loop in Frenemies.
Background Pony #5203
@Vivace  
Yeah but he lives alone on a mountain. I would assume that a pony stealing ALL the magic in Equestria would be in the newspapers all around, though . . .
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #B837  
That weather pony was incredibly stressed, so I wouldn’t put it past him to not take much note of Cozy’s appearance, assuming that a photo of her even made it into the newspaper. Considering that no such paper containing it has manifested, that it was probably kept quiet that she was put in Tartarus, & that the Canterlot ponies who saw her here didn’t appear in S8, I’ll assume one didn’t.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
Finally I had the opportunity to watch the new episode, and the first thing I will say is how Starlight got excluded again, specially in this kind of episode.

Starlight still isn’t a main character. She has her own circle of close friends, and Twilight has hers.

@Background Pony #B837  
They have appeared together in at least 7 episodes now. It’s a ship.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide