Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

Miss Shy
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

You're going to love me.
Oh we’re doing this

9 seasons in, and I’m surprised we’re doing the body swap story this close to the endgame.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
  1. Between Dark and Dawn

2. Student Counsel

3. Frenemies

4. The Summer Sun Setback

5. Sparkle’s Seven

6. That’s A Laugh

7. 2,4,6, Greaaat

8. The Point of No Return

9. A Trivial Problem

10. The Last Crusade

11. Common Ground

12. She talks to Angel

13. Sweet and Smoky

14. She’s All Yak

15. The Beginning of the End

16. Going to Seed

17. Uprooted
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
Bout time we get a body swap episode.

Only negative I have is that we don’t really get enough time with Fluttershy as Angel compared to how much we get of Angel as Fluttershy. Still a pretty fun one.

GREAT:

1. Sparkle’s Seven  
  2. Between Dark and Dawn  
  3. Frenemies  
    ––––––––––––––––  
    GOOD:

4. The Beginning of the End  
  5. The Summer Sun Setback  
  6. Going to Seed  
    7. She Talks to Angel  
  7. She’s All Yak  
    ———————————  
    OKAY:

8. The Last Laugh  
  9. The Point of No Return  
  10. A Trivial Pursuit  
  11. Student Counsel  
  12. The Last Crusade  
  13. Sweet and Smoky  
    ——————————  
    AVERAGE:

14. Common Ground  
  15. Uprooted  
    ————————————  
    BAD:

16. 2, 4, 6, Greaaat
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
Well shit. I wasn’t expecting this. With how mediocre previous episodes were, I kinda lost hope for something good to still happen to the show. I couldn’t be more happy that my predictions were incorrect. This episode was a blast. It was soo good, that I think about moveing it to the spot of the best episode this season, surpassing Common Ground and Twilight’s Seven. It’s definately the best Fluttershy episode in the whole series. It’s a rarity to see me fanboy over an episode, but this one couldn’t be better.

Since I can’t think of any cons of the top of my head, let’s go straight to pros:  
  1. We finally got some character development for Angel, and it’s bloody fantastic. Untill now, he was always a jerk for no reason, and the explanation that he was just spoiled by all the attention he recived was really fitting. Kinda sad to see that he got a better “redemption” episode than Daimond Tiara (with much better reasoning for his change of behaviour), but that’s just a small nitpick. His behaviour while he was in Fluttershy’s body was perfect and hilarious, making me wish we would have gotten more of talking Angel. I’d put him in the top of the list of Characters with the best lines.  
  2. Fluttershy’s personality, which is a major improvement in this season. Seeing her finally come out of the “Fluttershy or Flutterbitch” phase feels amazing, especially with how much more entertaining that made her. Her lines and the delivery of those is perfect, and her time as a bunny was pretty well made too.  
  3. I’m glad the Vet is back and is adorably entertaining again. Perfection.

The only thing I could nitpick about would be Zecora’s lines. The rhymes felt slightly off sometimes, but not to the level of becoming too “noticably annoying”.

I’m happy to say, that it’s one of the few 10/10 episodes the series has ever done. Yes, concept was a little “basic”, but at least the execution was perfect. I can’t wait to rewatch it later, once the links to YT and Dailymotion will come out. I wasn’t expecting this one to be good, but gladly the writters proved me wrong this time. Hopefully they will do so next week too ^^
Miss Shy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

You're going to love me.
Just have Starlight take over for Fluttershy’s teaching duties, honestly.

Fluttershy gets to take care of her sanctuary and rest, Angel gets the attention he craves, Starlight has something to do for once, and Applejack and Rainbow Dash actually have a chance to be Teacher of the Month.

Everyone wins in this.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
🎶I woke up in Angel’s body! So how did this shit turn into Freaky Friday?  
But we got no choice but to turn this bitch sideways!  
I can’t believe that it’s Freaky Friday!  
Yeah, it’s Freaky Friday!  
I’m in Angel’s body!🎶

Episode was pretty meh. I liked the concept but I wish they could’ve done a whole lot more with it.  
Final Ranking: C+
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Overall average episode. Don’t really have a whole lot to say here. Pretty much exactly how I thought angel bunny would be like. Just i expected something different than what we got. haha. Great to see Zecora again.

C+
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Meh, a body swap episode, one of the most overdone tropes that FiM had miraculously managed to avoid up to this point.

Incidentally though, animals eating other animals who are lower on the food chain is always something I’ve wondered how Fluttershy would react to or deal with. We’ve never seen that particular conflict arise from the animals she normally interacts with, but it’s obviously something that must happen across the rest of Equestria, where she isn’t there to put a stop to it. That said, it’s more than a bit unreasonable to substitute their carnivorous appetites with carnivore-friendly cookies, or trying to wean them off of it. But I guess that’s just gotta be the price of admission for the animal sanctuary.

Anyway, just because Angel can talk certainly doesn’t mean he should have a complete grasp on English…er…Ponish. Even if he does fully understand what Fluttershy says, it’s definitely a whole new experience when he’s actually speaking himself. And honestly, fuck Zecora for being vague and cryptic about what the potion does. That’s another aspect of this trope I can’t stand: when the person who does the body-switching acts like a smug ass about it like they’re doing them a massive favor.

“I want to marry Discord…” Kay.

Overall, meh. I guess Fluttershy’s relationship with Angel is one of her final conflicts that needed to be addressed, even though it really hasn’t been an issue in quite a while.

Rarity’s ninth absence, by the way. I’m honestly wondering how many more she’s going to have, but she’s currently dead last in appearances this season (not counting Starlight). Oh, but I guess it’s a good thing they found a way to squeeze Twilight in. Lord knows she could never appear in too many episodes.

I do get the feeling this will be the last we see of Zecora, though, outside of perhaps a cameo.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide