Season 9 Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS, DF airings only]

Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@kleptomage  
Wonder why they didn’t go with Lightning Dust since a poll showed that she was the most popular minor Antagonist since Trixie DT and Gilda got redeemed, or Flim Flam since they love using them or Blueblood since he is underused
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Broken Adam  
I doubt the writers pay attention to polls, Lighting Dust has twice proven herself to be a sociopath unconcerned with other’s safety, everyone should know of Flim and Flam’s schemes by now, and Blueblood barely existed.
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
So, some cleanup questions for everyone:

-Who’s going to live in Twilight’s crystal castle in Ponyville now? It is a prime piece of real estate, all things considered.  
-Did the princesses lose their immortality when they ceded royal power to Twilight, and thus, will they eventually grow old and die?  
-Just how long do you all think it’s been between the finale and the epilogue? My best guess was 20 years.
Nightweaver20xx
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
Also, another point to ponder: Equestrian citizens must feel sometimes that they are in a forced state of cooperation and unity with the threat of the Windigos looming over them. Think about it: If you lived in a world where you were told every year of an ancient tale that said explicitly if you didn’t work together and remain happy, your world would be destroyed, how would you feel about it? Almost like you were in a dystopia, maybe not quite an Orwellian state, but something similar in fiction (that I can’t think of the name of atm).
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
In the Beginning of the End Twilight says she’ll be giving Starlight the castle.’

So Starlight was rewarded for being a mooch for the last three seasons.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Spinny

Well, more accurately, S6 was rehabilitation, and S7 was a bit of nothing, and S8 and S9 involved her actually doing a job.

But yeah, kinda.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@AC97

I’ll headcanon that that was somebody else that just happened to have the same name as her (not unheard of - Muhammad is the namesake of a good chunk of people in the Middle East, and Zardušt was not unheard of as a personal name in Sasanian Persia, for example. ‘Clover the Clever’ would most likely be one word in pony language). Because later on we get this:

kleptomage
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Nightweaver20xx  
An interesting thing to consider, whether society would be better driven by forced cooperation or by greed as it is now. I would guess that, facing the threat of earth becoming a frozen wasteland, humans would continue to hate and fight because we are stubbornly stupid like that.

@Nightweaver20xx  
The castle was converted into a public library with rooms for visitors to the school of friendship.

I think there are two tiers of alicorns: ascended alicorns like Celestia, Luna, and Twilight in the epilogue and regular alicorns like pre-coronation Twilight, Cadance, and Flurry Heart. What the difference is (besides flowing hair) or how that power is gained/transferred is a matter for headcanon.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@kleptomage

The idea that Twilight and Cadance were the only ponies worthy of becoming alicorns in 1000+ years still harms the setting more than anything else.

I do think there’s a difference, that having the power of the sun and/or the moon is the only way to be immortal and that being an alicorn alone isn’t enough. That does imply that Celestia and Luna had their age catch up to them, but TBH I feel that’s a necessary sacrifice to make the whole not orbit around Twilight’s existence.
Nightweaver20xx
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
Speaking of which, also consider this: Twilight must now raise the sun and the moon all by herself. That means she has to be up at dusk and dawn every day. That’s got to be rough. No sleeping in for Twily. ALSO, just thought of this one: No more dream defender Luna, so unless Twilight has that power as well, ponies’ dreams are going unmonitored and unprotected.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Poison Trail  
It’s why ACW was the beginning of the Show’s lore decline into inconsistency, it introduced a character that didn’t fit with the established vision of the show yet rather than trying to find way to make her fit, they just covered it up with Lazers and Songs
kleptomage

@Broken Adam  
If you’re going to complain about lore inconsistency in ACW, you could start with how Twilight never mentioned her brother before.

I liked Cadance well enough. In the end, she was a stronger and more just princess than Celestia or Luna. The problem with Cadance and Shining Armor is that they never got enough character focus. Even the comics provided her more character depth. The one episode where Cadance could have become more interesting they wasted on a music video with Discord.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide