Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
Was not getting a cutie mark or misunderstanding a cutie mark was so much of a big deal before the CMC came along?
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
Crickey, shrimp on the barbie, Other Australasian saying

What I liked:  
Scootaloo’s Family: After 9 freaking seasons of her not having literally anyone, she now has one of the most extensive families in the show FINALLY. Just like was it that hard to have a “Ok I’m going over to Apple Bloom’s Aunt whatever” in like season 3 or something? But anyways they’re here and it’s good.  
The CMC: A real nice episode between them, and if this is their final appearance, it was a good note to end on. You see all the highlights of their dynamic, from the close friendship, to the crazy but illogical plans, to the way they’ve shaped and helped out so many ponies in Ponyville and elsewhere  
Aunt Lofty and Holiday: The better parents, as they have the ability to see what Scootaloo needs and wants over her actual parents, and they have a nice laid back attitude.  
Cheerilee: Always good to see her. Pretty much the only sane mare left in Ponyville and the only reason I can think she stays is that she has a crazy low mortgage rate on her house  
Rainbow Dash: Nice to see her being the go to for the CMC here instead of Applejack and it makes sense for her given her connection with Scootaloo. Also she has great comedic timing here.

What I didn’t like:  
The potential moral: Like I mean I get the whole “I’m needed here” thing but it has the potential to say “Hey kids, don’t want to move? Just badger your parents til they agree you can stay, it’s super important”. Then again this is the franchise where someone moving away is a direct 1 to 1 correlation with wanting to destroy the space time continuum so I can’t really blame the CMC for not wanting to break up  
The Accents: WE GET IT YOUR FROM SPACE PONY AUSTRALASIA

What was Ok:  
Scootaloo’s parents: For all their build up, they’re kind of “Hey look at how super awesome we are” but then also kind of just that and pretty dense about what Scootaloo wants. Also how stupid are you to bring a live dangerous animal to a school and let one loose? But really all their is to them is “We’re adventure ponies” and that seems to be about it.

So yeah overall I really liked this episode, a nice send off to the CMC while also answering questions we’ve long had about one of the most requested topics. A good and heartfelt slice of life episode that relies on the characters and their connection to each other over gags and references.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The morale really felt off. If anything, it doubled down on the pain caused by parents moving their kids around and wrecking their circle of friends, then concluded with “… but if you can manage to, say, really shove down their throat that you wanna stay, then they’ll understand and like, leave you behind!”.
Miss Shy
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

You're going to love me.
Well, I think that wraps up all of the main characters parentage?

Well, except for Spike, but I think they’re making it clear that his biological family does not matter.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
  1. Student Counsel

2. Frenemies

3. Sparkle’s Seven

4. The Point of No Return

5. The Last Crusade

6. Common Ground

7. Sweet and Smoky

8. She’s All Yak

9. The Beginning of the End

10. Going to Seed

11. Uprooted
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
as a last CMC episode this was a pretty good send off.  
questions were answered.  
callbacks were made.  
fun was had.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@Poison Trail  
Hey, this is a show where one friend moving away is enough to get someone to run a totalitarian cult and fuck over the space time continuum out of a petty sense of revenge, so the CMC are smart in trying to prevent that
Miss Shy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

You're going to love me.
I can’t believe that Bow and Windy are better parents to Scootaloo and Scootaloo’s parents are to Scootaloo.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Horses in the 🅱ack
@EotD  
The “moral” of this episode was so odd I’m not even sure it can be called a moral. I’m not even certain what it was, “Only unimportant people who don’t have meaning move away from their friends?” “The first friends you make are more important than your family?”

I guess Babs wasn’t important enough to the CMC or Ponyville to be able to stay.
Miss Shy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

You're going to love me.
I’d be more surprised/happy about the lesbian horses thing had that not been the only thing spoiled by mainstream media.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide