Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@PonyPon

Sexuality, all the related discussion is quickly getting old.

I’m still putting the episode strongly on the “Average” median. They needed to be done with Scootaloo’s parents, to make up for the extreme delay had to come up with an equally extreme set of circumstances. Wasn’t much to be done there, but the “Insensitive” aspect could’ve been toned down for sure.

Still nothing as bad as She’s All Yak, ughh.
AWGear
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@RaineV1  
As I said. Ask yourself a question “If I would do that with a straight character, would I do the same with gay character?”. (my opinion on “in show” shipping is very negative, as there wasn’t a single one, maybe besides QuibbleSky, that I’d like) If you can show Big Mac being an idiot to get sugar belle, you could show Trixie being an idiot to get her GlimGlams. That would be fair, tough at this point in time, I don’t think it would be wise idea.

Generally, I belive that “shipping” should be left to the fandom, with show not stepping besides the realm of “parents”, as they really don’t know how to write relationsips (CadenceArmor and SugarMac are one of the most awful portrays of relationships I’ve ever seen in media).

Before I comment on the second part, I’d like to ask you few questions.  
  • Are they actively going out of there way to prevent gays from living a “normal life” (being fired for your sexuality for example),  
  • Are they calling for a slaughter of LGBT people,  
  • Are they asking to take away the most simple rights from gay people? (to live, to have property, to free speech?)  
  • Give me some examples of what are they saying.

Like it or not, but the “gay agenda” does exist. There are fundamentalists and extremist in LGBT community too, and what’s worse, is that they are the most vocal part of it. I for once, find it hard to blame when conservative folks show distaste for gay people, when some “political figures” come out and say (and I quote the example from this year’s pride parade in Poland) “I can’t wait till those dumb christians die out”.

If you fight for a cause, you cannot allow for there to be hatefull people in your community. Once topics like this get popular, people fighting for LGBT cause should IMMIDIATELY distance themselves from the extremists. What’s worse, I’ve actually seen people sideing with such horrible extremists, because “christian people discriminate us”.

@Poison Trail  
    Don’t even mentoin “She’s All Yak”…  
    I still have no idea who tought that would be a good idea for the episode. :/
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@AWGear

The Cheese and Summer Sun ones sound like they could be more than filler. The Cheese one because it sounds like a set up for whatever this “unimaginable” thing that’s happened is.

and the Summer Sun one ties in with the plot set up by episode 1 and 2. These kinds of festivals were some of our first exposures to the princesses, and this is explicitly going to be their last. So outside of shenanagains there could be some feels here.
Wiimeiser
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@AWGear  
Now, see, these are filler episodes (Except for SSS), given that we should be setting up for the series finale. If there was a way to represent wasted potential in TV Tropes page image form, MLP:FiM would be it.

8 more unknown episodes. I don’t think any of them will feature the CMC in any notable capacity…

@gingerninja666  
The rest, though…
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Wiimeiser

I’m not entirely sure what people want as set up for the finale. We could have one or two more villain eps, which could be coming in the final stretch of the season (season 8’s second half was very backloaded)

and honestly, just because I think it could be really funny I also like the sound of the Angel episode. It could definitively put into words the relationship between the two. Which could count as tying up one of those mythical loose threads given the abusive nature lots of fans have read into them over the years.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

The Devil's Advocate
@gingerninja666  
The episode about angel is what is really the worst one on the list.

What could angel do to become even more unlikeable?  
What can he do to make even Flutters dislike him?  
He is already a pain to see on the screen, for how much of a little asshole he is.  
This will be just another frustrating episode to watch.

@Wiimeiser  
8 episodes… even less to be honest.  
We have only 6 normal episode left, as finale will probably be 2 with 2 parts :/

@gingerninja666  
I can’t expect Wierd Al episode to not be enjoyable to watch, but I still have some doubts if it actually will be “good”.

To be brutally honest, I don’t really care about SSS. It just sounds like another “we have to make it look like the last episode of some story arc, yet we keep missing the actually interesting ones”. If we gonna get “feels” like in the last crusade, it’s going to be another wasted potential episode.

Altough I may have some theory about g5 in relation to that episode tough.
Wiimeiser
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Shimmering Spectacle  
Summer Sun Setback

@AWGear  
Altough I may have some theory about g5 in relation to that episode tough.

Am I the only one who thinks G5 will have no relation to G4 whatsoever beyond the names of the Mane 7 being used at some point? Like how G4 had literally nothing in common with G3.
Background Pony #EEA5
I’m hoping they’re all decent episodes at least, on account of them being the final batch.

And I really hope that there isn’t too long of a wait between the end of FIM and whatever comes next.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@Wiimeiser  
I actually belive that the “m6 taking the role of princesses” is a set up for g5.

Otherwise, that would be a rather pointless decision, with even more of the wasted potential.
Background Pony #EEA5
@AWGear  
So you think that gen 5 will really be gen 4 but with the mane six now in charge, probably with movie level animation? Because that’s what I’m really hoping happens.
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@Applelight Limited  
I mean, M6 sells.

Creating new characters, and hopeing that they will ever reach the same levels of M6 is not something that big company could gamble on.

To be honest, I belive that M6 will take over the roles of Princesses in new gen, Starlight’s 6 will take over the role of M6 and Young 6 will be something along the lines of new “CMC”.
Background Pony #EEA5
@AWGear  
This makes complete sense to me. Why throw out a proven hit and try to start over as it were? Stick with what works but in a new context.

Do you still see the mane six as the stars of this hypothetical show or do they take a back seat?
AWGear
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Devil's Advocate
@Applelight Limited  
To be honest, hope they will take back seat.

Ever since Starlight came to the show, I felt like M6 got completly boring and stale. Now, almost every new episode I feel like could really profit from having Starlight’s 6 as the protagonists, other than m6.

I just hope they will become “additional” characters, instead of main cast.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide