Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@AC97

I mean, Stygian idolized Starswirl for most/all his life. And then some rando chick shot all of one laser at his face. I’m not sure if that’s really an indicator Starswirl’s strength compared to Twilight or Stygian’s bias.

Also, “power levels”.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Dustcan

Well, Stygian is pretty intelligent, so I think he has more than even odds of being an adequate narrator, whether he has a bias in Star Swirl’s favor or not.

We haven’t exactly been given many reasons to assume he was incorrect, have we?

(But yes, as we’ve all established before: power levels are bullshit, especially considering this is a setting where it can partially be based off of how strong your emotions are [determination falling under that], and how Friendship is Magic and all that)
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
I don’t remember any unicorns being aged by raising the sun/moon, I thought it just drained their magic.

Also I think the biggest reason there won’t be 5 new alicorns anytime soon is that we would’ve seen toys of them by now.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Wiimeiser  
There were new chibi minifigs, the rainbow roadtrip twilight, retro mane 6 set, rainbow roadtrip blind bag set, stranger things AJ, the anime statues, new ornaments, and a bunch of other merch.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@cheezedoodle

Regarding Horse Play, yes, the part with draining magic was addressed, but that part was lifted from The Journal of the Two Sisters, which said that Star Swirl had aged himself raising the sun, hence why his hair is white.

The latter part has never been addressed in the show, and something that also hasn’t been addressed is whether Celestia and Luna were born alicorns or not (in the book, they were, and the only way to reconcile this based off of what Celestia and Luna said in The Crystalling is them going by Exact Words for no discernible reason [not chiming in when Rarity said that she thought princess wings had to be earned by saying “actually, we were born this way too”]; something that got thrown out by the show is Star Swirl bringing them to the Tree of Harmony).

I think it’s not really up for debate that in canon, Celestia has probably always had a horn, either way, otherwise, she probably wouldn’t have been Star Swirl’s student, if she wasn’t a unicorn to start out. (Could probably argue her starting as other races maybe, but who knows, we’re not getting a flashback episode explaining this, nor do I think they really need one)

Another thing that’s been thrown out from that book is that Commander Hurricane was the only stallion amongst the six Founders of Equestria… which Clover the Clever is actually male, going by Forgotten Friendship.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@cheezedoodle  
Are the chibis the wedding-themed Cutie Mark Crew? I have some of those (Pinkie Pie, Shiny, Flurry, and two guards) but the rest I haven’t seen anywhere, I don’t think they’re available anywhere in Australia…
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
A question for those who have seen the next episode (The Summer Sun Setback).

Does Starlight appear in the episode?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Is Discord really plotting and anticipating his own eventual departure from his existence in their world or something?

All his actions as of late is encouraging the main cast to work towards a “peaceful world” type of thing. And we all know Discord cannot exist in an environment without chaos.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Selaphiel

Well, the problem Discord had in Discordant Harmony was specifically him doing that to his dimension, so who knows?

Chaos isn’t inherently evil, disharmony isn’t either.

I do wonder what the conclusion to his character arc will be.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide