Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Summersong
Duck - Hates bronies, but is one. Go figure.
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

aka Summersong
@UserAccount

It could be different in different versions of the episode - that’s happened before.

The one I heard was definitely not a noticeable difference outside of the one scene where Sweetie Belle was several tones lower.
Background Pony #BEDA
@Anonycat

It has happened; Capper had begun a collaboration with the FlimFlam brothers in Las Pegasus, where he entertained the audience with his demonstrations on how to operate in the gray zone of which he is an expert. He and the brothers are friends, but Capper was very clear that friendship will not prevent them from scamming each other sooner or later. So he left before that happened when Luna recruited him for an important interdimensional mission.

IDW: Nightmare Knights 02. Now probably canon since Capper is seen in Equestria - he even has his own airship from IDW: FiM 76, so he can travel from Klugertown to Canterlot.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
The Beginning Of The End:8.7  
Uprooted:9.1  
Twilight’s Seven:9.2  
The Point of No Return:9.4  
Common Ground:9.2  
She’s All Yak:9.0  
Frenemies: 9.3  
Sweet and Smoky:8.1  
Going to Seed:7.0  
Student Counsel:9.4  
The Last Crusade:9.3  
Between Dark and Dawn:9.0  
The Last Laugh:9.5  
2, 4, 6, Greaaat:8.7  
A Trivial Pursuit: 7.5  
The Summer Sun Setback: ∅  
She Talks To Angel: 9.0  
Dragon Dropped: 9.3  
A Horse Shoe-In:9.4  
Daring Doubt: 8.7  
Growing Up Is Hard To Do:8.9  
The Big Mac Question: 9.5  
The Ending of The End: 8.1  
The Last Problem: 9.6

If you ask me, petrification was rather light for these suckers. And we have Cozy to blame for that. once she got into the game there was no way she was going to get killed.

And there go the background ponies regressing to Fame and Misfortune mode all over again.
Summersong
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

aka Summersong
Oh, I actually really liked that Pinkie Pie was able to use chaos magic. I also really liked how easily they took it back from her before bad things happened.
rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
And there go the background ponies regressing to Fame and Misfortune mode all over again.

That’s the one thing I heavilly disliked from the finale. From the ending of The Summer Sun Setback, I thought they were gonna cast a spell over Equestria. Instead they just pulled the same “he said she said” crap to everypony. I could believe it working on that group of unicorns, but the fact that it worked on almost everypony in Equestria is just dumb. The fact that their only argument was, “I should hate you because this random pony who was sitting behind a bush said so.” makes them all look like idiots.

I also realized that if it wasn’t for this feud, the Young Six would’ve been completely useless. It was their only contribution to the finale, when they should’ve had more.

Basically everything revolving around the race war and the windigos were disappointing.
Summersong
Artist -

aka Summersong
@rdibp

The idea of having the Windigos return was good. The implementation was pretty shoehorned, though, yes.

To be fair, they didn’t just spread rumors - they also fabricated evidence. Unfortunately, that wasn’t shown in the finale, merely explained as they went. They like, stole food and committed arson and stuff like that.

I accepted at face value that racism was easy to spread in Canterlot, which has been shown to be full of rather pompous and bigoted people and was the direct city targeted. Buuuut it was a bit odd that everywhere else in the nation followed suit within what seemed to be a very short time span.

And yes, if Chrysalis repeatedly came out of bushes to slander random people, I don’t see how that was so successful over the long-term lol
Latecomer

I actually think a stronger role for them imght have worked - like a whole horde rather than just three, and having them freeze the Triio and serve as the last boss to be Rainbowed.
Background Pony #D818
>Princess Spike  
>What About Discord?  
>28 Pranks Later  
>Newbie Dash  
>Non-Compete Clause  
>2, 4, 6, Greaat

Remember when we thought MMDW was the worst episode of the show?
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
I really think that Non-Compete Clause is the worst. At least MMDW and FPK have the excuse of being early in the shows run with things not completely established. Non-Compete Clause doesn’t have that and just has nothing really going for it outside of the student six being somewhat good in it.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
MMDW and Feeling Pinkie Keen seemed to be well intended(as weird as that sounds for MMDW) but misguided and being early episodes kinda makes it easier to forgive them, especially with the writers(at least up to S5) trying to avoid repeating the episode’s mistakes. From S6 onwards though some of the episodes they made felt like they actively wanted to make the worst possible episodes, especially after the leaks, reading how some episodes like Newbie Dash, AJ’s Day Off, or even the fucking Cheerleading episode were supposed to be a lot more pleasant
Summersong
Artist -

aka Summersong
@Background Pony #8F6E

What’s MMDW?? Mysterious Mare Do Well??

If so: No I don’t, because it was never widely considered “the worst”. It had criticism absolutely, but Feeling Pinkie Keen remained the #1 most hated by far until Luna Eclipsed and both were dwarfed by… basically all of Season 3. Season 3 was so despised the writers publicly apologized and pretended it didn’t happen for about the next 3 years.

What’s that? “What’s wrong with Luna Eclipsed”? Nothing - now that we’ve had seven years of Canon Luna. Back then, Luna’s only previous appearance was in her little bitty woobie form in the pilot, and there was an ocean of fanfics and “headcanons” based on that one appearance. Canon Luna rendered all of them null and void. I myself even threw a tantrum over it. (I am rather fond of Canon Luna now.)

As for Feeling Pinkie Keen, this was an example of popular grifting. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that episode other than that it was a bit bland and slapstick-heavy. The problem is that Tumblr (RIP) saw an opportunity to make it political, and misrepresented the episode as “anti-scientific”, combined with the fact that everybody already hated MLP in S1 because the first wave of bronies could not stop constantly shoving it in the face of every single other fandom.

The actual lesson was “You should accept your friends as they are rather than force them to justify their weird quirks and habits to you”, but if people had ever understood what this show was about, it would never have turned the direction it did, so it’s a moot point.

MMDW was just considered a slip-up on the grounds that Dash’s friends were assholes drastically overreacting to some of the mildest asshole-ness Dash has ever had in the show. It clearly didn’t work, given Dash behaves much worse in future episodes. No significant number of people absolutely despised it, unlike the Tumblr (RIP) campaign against Feeling Pinkie Keen.

By contemporary standards, the high risks they put all of Ponyville in were fine (it was a comedy cartoon with very little drama yet), but by modern standards MMDW is rather uncomfortable and sloppy.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Latecomer  
Just my analysis. I admit NCC being pre-pilot is quite extreme, but Stare Master is the only other episode where I remember the CMC being babied like that (And this is coming from someone who hasn’t watched Season 1)(STWOM doesn’t count as that’s the actual conflict of the episode)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide