So Andy Price said...

Garth01

So Andy Price said that there is one pony he will never put in the comics, but he never said who. Hmm…..Flash Sentry?……Sombra?…..Does he consider Alicorn Twilight her own separate character ( hopefully not ( in my opinion ) )?

Who do you guys think/hope it might be?

Source: link
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
@Amber  
her family is more interesting. Probably stems from the fact that they were allowed to be something more than “I can do it all myself” Applejack.

If it sounds like I’m being mean to her: I’m not, I have criticisms of every pony. This is just about her.
ClownDicks

@Whatevs  
I think a good way to make AJ interesting is to play up her pride. She thinks can do this on her own (she can’t), she thinks she knows more about whatever because It’s Just Common Sense (she doesn’t), and so on and so forth.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
The thing is that “I can do it all by myself!” Applejack keeps coming back. She’s learned the lesson that “help is good, don’t be too proud” at least three times, and a fourth time is debatable.

That almost beats out Fluttershy learning the “don’t be afraid to believe in yourself” lesson in terms of repetition.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Itsthinking

Not to go too much off-topic, but what you’ve said is something that I’ve been concerned about since getting into the show: The premise constraining the storytelling too much. You can only learn so many “important lessons about friendship”, ergo the characters themselves will be constrained by the narrative in terms of their development.

From what I’ve heard, the comics don’t seem to have this burdon to deal with.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Ebalosus  
Well, the AJ micro took on that burden. And since it’s already been done several times, it didn’t make it interesting. The show slowly got away from the friendship lessons into more general relationship and everyday life lessons, and that was to its benefit.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@gasmaskangel  
If I ever had the chance to meet Price, that would be one of the first characters I would commission him to draw. Just to see how he reacts.

Besides, wasn’t he the person who said at a panel before it came out that he liked the story?
Amber

@Itsthinking

Yeah,him and Katie said the movie was ok,but I suppose it has nothing to do with the story but the character (of course,that is if said character turns out to be Flash.In any case,Flash barely did anything in the story so…)

Other character than Flash…hmmmmm,maybe Skyla? Star Swirl the Bearded?
Soufriere

Sunset Shimmer Fan
I’ve been trying to figure this one out. It obviously can’t be any of the leads. Nor is it any of the fan-favourite secondary or background ponies, since he’s drawn all of them (Derpy, Lyra, Tavi, Scratch). Even lesser background ponies like the Flower Triplets have appeared in his comics, I think.

I am reminded of one particular fan who has a pathological hatred of Daisy, to the point that every time she appears, he says “I hate you, Daisy.“

So then, who’s missing? Well, I’m pretty sure Cadance & Shining Armor haven’t appeared yet, but I doubt he’s allowed to reject either of them. Could be Twist, since the meme is that she’s Worst Pony, and I don’t think Andy’s drawn her. A lot of people hate Flash Sentry (Brad), but Andy said he kinda liked the movie, and from what I understand, Flash isn’t offensive enough to warrant that level of hate, though I could still see Andy rejecting him on no-romance grounds.

In short, it’s probably either Twist, King Sombra, Flash Sentry, or The Twilicorn (and yes, I do consider her a separate character, until such point that the show convinces me I no longer need to)
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
He’s said he’s fine with the concept of Twilicorn, but is waiting to see how S4 handles it. He didn’t draw a single Twilight picture at BronyCon (well, of ones that he posted on Twitter) that wasn’t Twilicorn.

I’m guessing it’s King Sombra. Price is such an obvious Chrysalis fanboy that it hurts. Then again, I take everything Price and Cook say with a grain of salt, they love to jerk people around way more than even the show staff.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide