Starlight Glimmer- What is the opinion of her still?

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
The think I like about her in Season 7 is her unorthodox radical solutions to problems.
Whether it’s forming a cult of equality or switching Celestia and Lunas cutie marks or simply twlling Twiligh to form her own school instead of thinking about the EEA, she goes for the unconventional.
It’s both her greatest strength and flaw.
Once I get to my AU fanfic or comic, I really want to show off thiz dynamic between the more orderly Twilight and the more chaotic Starlight.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
@Latecomer
I feel it’s a matter of Starlight being active when almost everyone else around her is reactive. Which does translate to being unconventional in the world of Equestria, I guess.
The Mane Six plus Spike already knew what they wanted out of life back when they were kids. They’ve stayed on the same path since then and are entirely comfortable (complacent?) with it. They just don’t feel the need to change anything, either about their life or the world, which is why they’re only heroes when circumstances, Celestia or the Cutie Map tell them to.
Obviously wasn’t the case for Starlight. She had to get off the beaten track because the beaten track had no room for her. So she became a go-getter and an agent of change. Hence Twilight learning and perfecting every spell in the book (see Boast Busters), but never going beyond that, while Starlight kitbashes magic like it’s freaking Lego bricks.
I think she’s the only one in all Equestria who actually thinks outside the box, save for the CMCs. Who, incidentally, also weren’t happy with the way things were in their life.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Yeah, Starlight’s quite the queen of “didn’t think this through” and “it seemed like a good idea at the time.” She probably gets along pretty well with Rainbow Dash, all things considered.
She’s also similar to Izzy as far as being active is concerned. Sunny hogs the spotlight when it comes to making a change, but she wasn’t the one who braved the wilderness on her own to travel to another town, despite being ‘scared that she’ll end up a pony gone missing from pegasus-ing.’
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Not all that glitters is gold (They say)
But everything Glimmer is bold (It’s true)
Look on at the bright side
Checking out my flank side
You know who I am
You know what I do
F**k you
I know myself better
Five seasons I’m a real
Trend setter
Please don’t mind the dust, Twi
You were lagging right behind
Everything about me Glimmers
You just can’t get enough
I made my mark when I took yours
And another to give it all back
Everything about me Glimmers
You just can’t get enough
Everything about me
Everything about me
Everything about me
Everything about me
Glitters
My thoughts on Starlight exactly. You can love her. You can hate her. We all know that. But personally, I love her to death. She was the reason for me to stay with MLP G4. And with me probably go other opinions. You guys really don’t have to agree with this. But for us (Starlight fans) she was a revelation. And for that alone, I’m grateful that she was on the show. And she will always exist in my heart. Punkt. Liebe und Grüße aus Deutschland. ;-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
(giggle) Well, you certainly have a point there. On the other hand, now that I think about it… Somehow I never got the impression that the ponies in Our Town were actually in “mortal danger”. Well, I admit I did get all the references in the premiere, and thought to myself at the time, “WTF!? What is this? North Korea?” And the Communist Starlight April Fool’s joke was the reason I ended up here on this site back then. But the “cult” in Starlight’s Marxist cult of personality was never even close to Charles Manson level. That’s at least my opinion. ;-)
Still, Our Town was definitely a (good) template for lots of grimdark artwork. And I really liked that. ;-D
IWTCIEM
Duck - 100+ images under their artist tag

First up, I felt that compared to Sunset and Trixie’s redemption arcs, Starlight’s was far too rushed and lacked in subsequent potential. I heard from another reviewer that while she was able to somewhat gain the trust of Twilight and Spike, there weren’t any episodes where she really devoted time towards the other Mane 5. The closest thing to that happening was in “Every Little Thing She Does” where she was placed in a position where she felt compelled to mind control them like she did in Season 5, though without the malicious motives. Still, that episode made it appear as if Starlight still had negative traits lingering past S5.
Second, describing Starlight’s town devoid of cutie marks was described as “communist” by many right-wing bronies, but upon closer inspection that assumption isn’t really accurate in the slightest. In case any of them forgot, TRUE equality is demonstrated by presenting every individual regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. the same opportunities and living standards without any sort of favoritism (which is what the School of Friendship did in Season 8), and NOT by forcefully manipulating them into mindless sycophants like Starlight (and to extent King Sombra) did. As far as Starlight’s case is concerned, one issue with The Cutie Map is that they only bank on how Starlight is a hypocrite for not removing her own cutie mark, rather than pointing out how her ideology is fundamentally flawed and the antithesis of what she claimed to be working towards.
Third, I’m surprised StarTrix is still a thing considering how often Trixie has screwed over Starlight and vice versa. If anything Starlight has a better relationship with Sunset, which despite Mirror Magic being an objectively bad short, it at least opened the possibility of Starlight finding a more stable relationship.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide