Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Latecomer

I just had a pony dream where I and a friend had to supervise a (male) Cozy Glow as he returned to attend attend school. (Not the Friendship School, but I can’t remember if the other students were humans or ponies.) I woke up about the point where I had realised that Cozy liked guys rather than girls, and was trying to tell my friend (who had intended to encourage him to try and become popular with the ladies as part of his rehabilitation)… I’m not sure if I got it across though.
(Hmm… now that I think about it, it was just an “ordinary” dream my brain conscripted and for some reason gender-flipped Cozy to play a role in. So in conclusion… this stuff is weird and I don’t envy Luna.)
Background Pony #682A
I was watching G5 shipps and noticed Rufus, he doesn’t have any so I played with the idea of shipping with my Oc. I think they look cute.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Earth ponies feel so underpowered/weak compared to the others
Sure they are physically stronger (I assume this is also the case in G5) and in G5 they get plant powers but that’s kinda meh compared to what pegasi and unicorns can do
Latecomer

@The Crystal Artist
They had plant powers in G4 too, it was just… deemphasised. (At least some of them - others may have had rock powers instead.)
It’s not the flashiest power in the moment, but if you look at how much of a problem famine was in history, a power which protects Equestria from it may be the most important. And things like the library treehouse are probably only possible though said art too.
Still, it would be nice to have seen more specific focus on it.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Latecomer
Yeah, ponies are extremely lucky (spoiled?) about some hazards we humans and the other species in the setting have to worry about. They have earth ponies to not only prevent famine but also guarantee abundant crops at all times no matter where (Appleloosa is in a desert), along with pegasi who not only can control the weather, but also create clouds from scratch in their factory in Cloudsdale in case there’s not enough for rain.
Add to that the unicorns’ ‘whatever the plot demands’ magic, the alicorns and the Elements of Instant Win Button, ponies are… yeah, pretty much living life on mercy mode. If not ‘universe’s pet’ mode.
About more focus on earth pony magic, I agree. One big shame about Twilicorn is that, well, alicorns are supposed to be a merge of all three tribes, but in practice, they’re only unicorns with wings. Twilight delving into her pegasus part amounts to, well, the wings and cloud-walking, not the weather control, and she never onces delves (or cares about) her earth pony part, except maybe super strength. Which again, are pretty generic and more of yet another improvement to her unicorn part than pegasus or earth pony things.
Hell, in The Crystalling, when it’s weather that threatens the Empire, do Celestia and Luna call on alicorn-powered pegasus magic to deal with it? No, they zap the storm with laser beams.
There’s a lot of jokes about unicorns and/or alicorns being the master race in G4, and they’ve got a lot of roots in the reality of the show.
this was my insightless wall of text
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@The Crystal Artist
But… Fluttershy~
And honestly I love it that a male character is the one that talks to animals. It’s so adorable to see him interact with critters and I think it makes Hitch unique like Sunny’s alicorn power.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
The writers fell for the spectacle of unicorns and made them overpowered. They really wanted to show off the crazy stuff of unicorns.
Even if Earth Ponies technically had unique powers in g4, they should have shown fun creative ways earth pony magic can be used.
Amphibian Swamp

Hmm…
It would be interesting if someone made an AU where earth ponies never got their magic. Would have been interesting to see them accept the fact they don’t have it.
Kinda like Mirabel from Encanto. Her family had gifts (powers) but she didn’t
Latecomer

@Roseluck
Well, on the flip side they do have monsters and magical disasters to deal with.
I agree that the early Twilicorn days would have been a great time to explore the powers of the other tribes which might normally have been glossed over. The CMC offered another angle - we saw Sweetie picking up TK and Scoots not learning to fly, but nothing quite the same for Apple Bloom.
Amphibian Swamp

Yeah would have been far better the animal powers weren’t exclusive to Hitch. Well, at least I can follow my own canon where all earth ponies can understand animals
A pod of dolphin or a school of fish would have made so much more sense here:
Also, it’s a shame pony manes don’t root from the neck. The blue mare’s is so hard to look at
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@The Crystal Artist
I was talking about Hitch. I probably should have said “Fluttershy connection.” :P
Of course Hitch earned it. He always has a sense of care for animals. I mean he did take in Sparky’s egg thinking it was his responsibility. Yeah animals automatically love him but maybe it’s because there is something about him that make them love him~
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide