Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Continuing conversation from here.
Smitty1991
@Eragor14
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I don’t think either one of you get Starlight as a character at all. Yes, post-reformatoon she was a selfish twat. After she was reformed, however, she started to emphasize with others and use her powers for good. She saved Equestria on numerous occasions, putting her compassion for others and selflessness ahead of “improving her own power.” So, with all that said, thank you for showing to everyone that you know absolutely nothing about Starlight Glimmer as a character. But coming from Starlight Glimmer haters like you guys, that’s to be expected.
I was actually saying what I liked in terms of Starlight. I appreciate her character development.
And how she used her powers for good. So that was not me hating
I’ll admit I worded kinda poorly and I apologize for that.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Wow, kind of weird to see Starlight support post in a thread, even though it should’ve been “pre-reformation”.
Be serious though, I kind of agree with that comparison. Starlight’s execution of her cause is misdirected but in a way she has the same vigor as Sunny when it comes to their respective cause. The thing is, Starlight truly used to believe Cutie Marks were evil and wanted to get rid of them, kind of like how Sunny truly believed pony reunion could truly happen and try all her best to make it happen. It’s just that Starlight was way too extreme and she was blinded by rage. If Starlight had the right mindset, her equality crusade would probably be like Sunny’s as well.
Honestly I don’t think anyone gets Starlight as a villain either. People keep calling her selfish or only doing it for the power, but I think Starlight’s conviction was real. She had the determination that equality should truly be achieved. Even though she did keep her magical power, she had a real belief that everypony should be equal and be the same. In her mind, stripping away selves, personalities, and individualities was true equality because she had seen ponies use their abilities to put others down. Of course she was still wrong to do it, but it came out of a place of what she experienced and that there was a cause. It’s not like she wanted to gain power and take over Equestria, but that she really wanted to prove a point. With so many ponies that want to either destroy or have total control over Equestria, Starlight actually stands out as the only villain with a different goal and a cause at all. That’s why I like her both as a villain and post reformation.
And I just made a comment like this on a “stupid” thread. Though I really don’t mind when it comes to Starlight Glimmer.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

I do appreciate that Starlight’s the only villain with actual goals and reasons to do what she did, as opposed to all the others who were, well, closer to brats on a power trip who operate on “because I’m evil” and “who’ll stop me?” Save maybe Nightmare Moon.
Bonus point for being the only one who punched above her weight, unlike the others who’re always so overpowered (through themselves or armies).
Starlight wasn’t quite the philosophical/ideological villain she could have been, she dropped that part of herself right after her premiere and was only about revenge and nothing else in The Cutie Re-Mark. But it’s still nice to have one well-intentioned villain instead of the usual “it’s all about me” ones.
She even could be a benevolent boss to her minions while still being evil, unlike all the others who’re a definite no on that question. Save maybe Nightmare Moon, again. Maybe.
She could also have provided or shown insight into an alternative to the Magic of Friendship~ but, uh, G4 really didn’t like the idea of there being any alternative to it.
Latecomer

@Roseluck
Yeah, it’s a pity her motivation had degraded. It’s one reason I really don’t like Cutie Re-mark.
As for Sunny, I kind of think the movie had her be “too right”. I would really have preferred if she had idealised the other tribes while losing faith in earth ponies. But perhaps I’m just too cynical.
Roseluck

@Latecomer
Then I’m more cynical than you, because I always felt that the entire racism deal was fabricated from whole cloth just to make Sunny look like a hero for fighting against it. Oh, sorry, for being the only one to fight against it.
It doesn’t help that Izzy wouldn’t have come to Maretime Bay if not for Sunny’s letter, with the movie pretending Izzy’s own choice to venture out of Bridlewood isn’t even worth commenting on, or that Zipp wouldn’t have stood up for herself if not for, you guessed it, Sunny.
I don’t know about previous generations, but between G4, Equestria Girls and G5, MLP writers sure love to make their settings revolve around their main protagonist. Like, Fallout player character levels of ‘the world would be objectively worse (if not extinct) if God’s gift to Earth hadn’t left their birthplace to help us mere mortals.’
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Roseluck
I think it’s balanced, though.
At the start of the movie, Sunny isn’t really any better. She’s just repeating things her father said, and she wants to be friends with unicorns and pegasi for completely shallow and superficial reasons. In fact, from the encounter in Bridlewood between the unicorns and pegasi, we know that her idea to “extend the hoof of friendship” would have ended terribly, and probably destroyed Sunny’s belief that the tribes could be reunited.
Here’s the thing with Zipp. From the conversation between Zipp and Haven, we know exactly why Zipp wouldn’t stand up for herself. There’s an interesting bit of irony going on with her; Zipp could just leave Zephyr Heights, but then she’d lose access to the fan that lets her fly briefly.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Hmm
All the characters with ‘hooves’ in their name is weird in a way
Derpy Hooves: Unfocused eyes
Dinky Hooves: Dunno?
Dr Whooves: Named because he looks like a DR from DR Who (From what I understand since 8 don’t watch DR Who)
Chief Thunderhooves: A buffalo. I know they have hooves but he’s the only non-pony who’s name includes “hooves”
Jazz Hooves: No ears! In MYM at least- and her name is likely a pun
Roseluck

@DerpyFast
That’s true, but that doesn’t change the fact that if Sunny—and only she—wasn’t around, nothing would have changed or gotten better. But yeah, that’s probably better off in unpopular opinions or pony venting…
@The Crystal Artist
Derpy… Whether you call her Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo, I’m still dumbfounded that’s the name she was given. Who names their child “Moron” or “Clumsy”? Besides the Smurfs, I guess.
Then again, Spoiled Rich was Spoiled Milk before getting married if I recall right, so maybe some parents are jerks and/or really didn’t want their kid.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Roseluck
I don’t think that’s true. Zipp is the one who found the abandoned station. If Zipp hadn’t been sneaking out of Zephyr Heights, she’d have never bumped into Sunny and Izzy, and their journey would have ended after being arrested. Zipp is the one who recognized the symbol on Argyle’s journal and got it back. It was Zipp’s insider info that let them get the Pegasus Crystal.
They wouldn’t have been able to infiltrate Bridlewood without Izzy’s skills. When you get down to it, Sunny is mostly just an extension of Argyle. She was in possession of two plot-critical items that belonged to him. The only actual skill Sunny brought to the table was being good at a dancing game.
But credit where credit is due: Sunny was the one willing to put herself out there and go on the journey, and that’s not nothing.
Latecomer

Hmm… for some reason I kind of feel like sharing my versions of the Mane 6 as Hogwarts students. Is this a good thread, or is there somewhere better (like a Harry Potter thread)? (Or does no-one want to see them at all?)
@Roseluck
That idea inspires part of my backstory for Spoiled.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide