Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #6E45
I can think of three reasons.
1) As an alicorn, she’s long-lived enough that she’ll be the one out of the Mane 6 still around for him to mess with. Could also be some twisted form of respect for her, maybe because he thinks that ultimately, even with his love for Fluttershy, the ReMane 5 are accessories to Twilight. He went for the ego boost idea because he dramatically misread Celestia using the Crystal Empire as a test to make sure Twilight was ready to be princess, so he cooked up something even more grandiose for princess 2.0.
2) He was lying to save his own skin and that was the best excuse he could come up with. Context was, he just got doublecrossed and made powerless, messed up big enough time the good guys might simply be done with him. Possibly for good, if Grogar’s Bell made him able to be killed. Whatever his actual plan with the Legion of Doom would have been in that case, he was definitely in a place where he’d lie to absolve himself of responsibility.
(I don’t believe this myself despite my dislike of him, but that was an interesting theory I read on TVTropes.)
3) It was the best excuse the writers could come up with after (supposedly, I don’t have links handy) changing their initial plans for season nine. I don’t remember the details, but something with Celestia, Luna and Discord needing to die to restore some balance or heal Harmony or some such, and the Legion of Doom was basically Discord balking at his ‘duty’ because he was (for the first time) afraid to die.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I like to imagine an AU where Sunny Starscout if she actually helped to unite the three pony races in Hearth’s Warming Eve.
And Sunny basically becomes a sort of saint and apostle figure for ponykind. And Twilight would look up to her.
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Why did discord care about twilight so much to be Grogar?
@Roseluck
These are all interesting ideas but it’s pretty simple really. Twilight accepting him as a friend infront of tirek ofc he will go to the ends of the earth to help her in her biggest position in life. Discord trying to help twilight in his own way is a trait that has been there for multiple episodes, s4 premiere, s4 finale, what about discord, arguably Celestia advice. By S9 however it’s 100% Altruistic and not partly for the sake of trolling
S9 premiere even has the mane six say this: Aj: (He sure has a weird way of being supportive) Fluttershy: he did it because he cares
Posted Report
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@CORDZ2000
I’d completely forgotten that Discord had very good reasons to feel grateful to Twilight. Yeah. That’s probably the answer.
@Tiger beetle
Most of the time I feel Starlight’s actual worst enemy is herself. Which makes her friendship with Trixie perfect, really.
@Kiryu-Chan
And it’d be $60 for as many minutes of gameplay!
So I noticed two things when I watched Winter Wrap up in both French and English.
In English, Applejack says she’d never turn down a hard worker. In French, for some reason, they translated this to “I never refused help from a unicorn.” Baffles the mind. They could have gone for “someone who’s willing to work” but instead they played the race card. Because the no magic issue of Winter Wrap Up, maybe?
In English again, Mayor Mare calls her speech “amazingly inspirational.” In French, it’s a merely a “pretty speech,” and here the idiom would be closer to the nice ideas in the speech rather than the competence in telling it. I had no idea Mayor Mare has such a high opinion of herself in the original dub haha.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
@Roseluck
Via that logic, everyone’s worst enemy is themselves. We sabotage ourselves due to fear and doubt all the time. But I get your meaning. Just thought it was funny the person who cares about her dearly and one who wants her dead the most were the same voice. c:
As for silly dub shenanigans - in English Rarity comes up to Twilight, after she floated down as an alicorn, and is like “Why, you’ve become an alicorn! I didn’t even know that was possible!”
In Polish version she essentially says “But you are an alicorn! I didn’t know that they exist!”. I think someone on the translation staff hadn’t realized that alicorn meant ‘winged unicorn’ and thought Twilight became some sort of a unique, one-of-a-kind being. Otherwise, Rarity comes off as not very perceptive after interacting with Celestia and Cadance multiple times.
Latecomer

@Roseluck
Thw whole thing kind of stuck me as a scaled-up version of his Winterzilla scheme from the Hearth’s Warming special. Unleash a problem related to a friend’s speciality, given them the chance to resolve it and look good… and in that case, it all worked out in the end, didn’t it?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I find it interesting that every post that involves the villainous trio or their fate in the finale, especially Cozy Glow, almost exclusively have BP’s come in and and try to white knight them. Not usually it’s users with registered accounts, but anonymous people. I find that curious.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide