Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Kiryu-Chan
Twilight says to her something about not knowing how she escaped, I assumed it was after that. Spike has his wings and the student six are there, so I knew it was extremely late in the show’s timeline.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I was a little dissapointed by Triple Threat.
I was a little let down by how ridiculous all the problems were like Spike forgetting his schedule.
And Spike just was not great in this.
I was really thinking thisbwas going to be one of the really good ones because Ember + Thorax + Spike sounds like an awesome idea.
Well I still liked Ember and Thorax interactions.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
It’s amazing how something called the Crystal Empire could have some of the most boring and annoying inhabitants ever. I would not care if Sombra ate those Crystal Ponies up. Ironically the ones I found to be likeable like Sunbust or Cadance didn’t even come the city itself.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@CORDZ2000
The Crystal Ponies always seem pathetic and completely require Cadance to babysit them. They seem to simp after Spike.
I guess the real problem is that there are no memorable Crystal Ponies so all they do is either be a nuisance like in The Crystalling where they were determined to see Flurry to the point of endangering themselves or they praise Spike insanely.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I love crystal ponies at least as much as I love pegasi and I agree.
They’re complete losers in canon. They only have two modes: simps for Spike and victims who need someone else to save them. I think Games Ponies Play is the only episode where they didn’t need saving… but they still needed the Mane Six to convince the inspector for them that their empire should hold the Equestria Games.
No wonder Sombra enslaved them. The Crystal War timeline was the only time crystal ponies actually did something.
Doesn’t help that they simp for Spike… and for him alone, entirely forgetting Cadance, who exhausted herself keeping Sombra’s influence away from them in the premiere. There even was an IDW comic that showed the crystal ponies fawning over every princess… except her.
edit: Just remembered. They weren’t even there during the Avengers Assemble scene in the finale. Everyone and their dog showed up, but not them. Crystal ponies literally do not exist unless they need someone else to help or save them.
I think you’re right that the lack of important crystal pony played a hand in this. The other three races were usually explored through their respective Mane characters if I recall right.
edit: Thought some more about it. All other species had a character from the start. Griffons had Gilda, dragons had Garble, changelings had Chrysalis, kirins had Autumn Blaze… even the freaking breezies had Seabreeze. And obviously most of them had more characters from there on, especially with Twilight’s school.
Meanwhile, crystal ponies had… Radiant Hope. Who exists only in the IDW comics.
Yeah.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Roseluck
I agree with all this. I’ll be sure to write some fun Crystal Pony ocs in my fanfics.
Also who is this Radiant Hope from the comics? I’m curious. I like the name.
edit: I will say the Crystal Empire itself has interesting lore. Like the whole Crystalling even or it being in the Frozen North. That is some interesting backstory. So I’ll give that credit.
Roseluck

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Oh yeah, I love the Crystal Empire’s potential. Only makes their thoroughly outdated ‘culture tree’ in Equestria at War (a Hearts of Iron IV mod I bought the game for last Christmas) that more painful. I want to make Cadance pull a God-Emperor of Mankind and conquer the world for the greater good, damnit.
“They are my Crystal Guards… and they shall know no fear.”
About OCs, you don’t necessarily need to make up any. You can just pick a background pony and run with them. That’s what all the ‘pillars of the fandom’ OCs have been from the start, anyway. OCs wearing the skins and names of Lyra Heartstrings, Octavia Melody, Derpy Hooves…
As for Radiant Hope, long story short and without spoilers, she was Sombra’s childhood (and only) friend.
She appears in the comics My Little Pony: FIENDship is Magic Issue #1 and Siege of the Crystal Empire.
Latecomer

Thoroughly seconding (thirding? Fourthing?) the whole “utter waste of crystal ponies” thing. I’ve always felt that it was a disgrace that we never really “met” any, no matter how many times we went back to the Empire. The only silver lining is that it gives a writer a somewhat freer hand in designing their culture and powers.
(For those who are desperate, some more crystal pony characters can be found in Cadance’s chapter book, Spring Hearts Garden.)
Roseluck

I just remembered how pleasantly surprised I was when the ‘Terrible Trio’ plotline steered towards them being friends. Despite not caring for seasons 8 and 9 nor for Chrysalis and Cozy Glow.
After eight full seasons depicting friendship as something only ‘good persons’ could have, all of sudden, we had bad guys being friends. I really didn’t expect that. Of course, that same context made their fate 100% predictable in hindsight but it was a nice surprise.
Last time I remember villains being friends is Kim Possible and Teen Titans… and calling Shego Drakken’s friend is a stretch while Jinx betrayed her team without hesitation or remorse.
Roseluck

@Latecomer
But fanfiction writers did, from what I’ve seen. With mixed results, like all fanfictions.
My crystal ponies’ “how do you hold a gun with hooves?” in Equestria at War never fails to make me smile.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I find it funny how Spoiled Milk appears more after Season 5 than her own daughter. And with actual lines.
I think the writers have a liking for her. She’a the next best thing after Tiara I suppose. I guess there is a certain hilarity to her snobbishness.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

For Zipp, Hitch represents two things:
  • He’s the first stallion she has no real power or authority over
  • He doesn’t report to her mother, so he’s also the first stallion she can really be herself around
I think she’s interested in him for those reasons.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I noticed a theme with the pegasi characters that they have some crippling flaw.
Rainbow wasn’t able to study that well.
Fluttershy was overly shy and afraid.
Scootaloo had her flight problems.
And of course do we even have to mention Zephyr Breeze.
However I think they all showed one thing in common. How they overcome flaws that might seem impossible to overcome.
But what really makes a true pegasus is not how fast they can fly. It’s how they can overcome a hardship in front of them.
This is why I still consider Fluttershy a true pegasus
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide