The Cozy Glow

Background Pony #B508
Cozy deserved better then what she got in the show. She never got a second chance or any sort of attempt to rehabilitate her, which is hypocritical given the amount of chances Discord got.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
To be honest, I never really got the idea that Cozy could be trusted long enough to be redeemed. You could try being nice to her and everything, but I don’t know if you could tell her behavior between “Being reformed and behaving well” and “Pretending to reform so she could play everyone like a stradivarius”
Background Pony #B508
@TheFinite  
The same could be said for Discord and Starlight. Precautions could be made in the same way they were made for those two.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
I keep hearing and seeing people talking about leaks and deleted scenes where they planned to give a background to Cozy Glow (such as she is actually a creature from another land taking the form of a filly). Can anyone confirm this? Where are the sources?
TOMNICE
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
Another thing: some people say they hope the terrible trio will return in G5. But it would be better if they did not, honestly. Because that would mean they are still in stone, the mane six just gave up and never tried to help them.
TOMNICE
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
Funny thing i found on the interweb.
Just a little thought I had, but does anyone else find it kind of funny but also sort of really sad how it can be argued that Tirek and Chrysalis were actually more forgiving to Cozy Glow than the heroes? Cozy Glow betrays everypony in the School Raze and the result is that they toss her into Tartarus to rot, she tries to betray Tirek and Chrysalis in Ending Of The End and Tirek and Chrysalis basically just laugh it off like it is no big deal. Obviously, I know I am simplifying the situations, since her betrayal of the heroes was a lot more potentially damaging, while Tirek and Chrysalis knew she could not do anything right with Discord’s magic and they were supposedly planning to turn on each other at some point anyway, but still. They had a pact, a deal to work together until the heroes are beaten and Cozy broke it and they just forgave her for it and continued on.
I mean, they are villains. Villains who revel in their own villainy, and they are both older and far more experienced than Cozy Glow in terms of combat and magic, they both get more power to use if they cut her out. Arguably they do not really need her anymore, she is the weak link, especially since her main talent is manipulation but their plan mostly involves brute combat now, so her trying to turn on them like that especially, you would think they would be done with her at that point but they stick by her anyway. The fact I can argue that Tirek and Chrysalis were more forgiving and willing to give her a chance than the heroes and have it not be totally ridiculous and obviously wrong really just cements how bad it was all handled.
Not to mention, while I am sure Cozy Glow’s betrayal was intended to be viewed as genuine on her part, the fact that later in the two parter Pinkie Pie takes in Discord’s magic and seems to go mad with power almost instantly kind of calls into question whether she really meant to betray them or if it was just the magic going to her head too. I am sure the writers intended it to be her own action, but their own writing casts some doubt on that too.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide