The End of MLP:FiM thread

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

There is also evidence to why The Problem isn’t canon, which I presented earlier in this thread.

“evidence”

And your “evidence” doesn’t reflect reality (including what the definition of “canon” is), and the theory of “it was a hoax clearly concocted by Hasbro solely to piss people off or some such” doesn’t hold up to scrutiny, least of which being “it’s unlikely they’d dedicate themselves that much to pissing others off, free up an entire episode slot out of 26 for it.” Showrunner signed off on it, he wrote it, story edited it, etc, no evidence he didn’t, hence “not a hoax.”

I, or whoever else can claim that “the entire series of MLP: FIM is a hoax clearly concocted by Lauren Faust and Hasbro solely to piss off the people who wouldn’t join the fanbase,” but that wouldn’t make it any closer to true than what you’re claiming is, just because I said it.

@DarkyBoode32

What would that have to do with the topic, regarding anything? What does it matter what the answer is?
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Ihhh

Smart Heart also has autism. I think he was saying that as someone with autism himself, he found Boode to be rather embarrassing.
Slipstream95
Slipstream - For Patreon supporters
Boofy - For Patreon supporters
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Slipstream/Boofy
When I think about it more I think about how much I don’t like Discord in the 2nd to last episode, I didn’t like the twist of him being Grogar and I don’t like he got to choose their punishment, and even though “friendship is magic” we never see them again. Such a terrible end to one of our fav villains, Chrysalis.
Smart Heart

Discord is probably even worse than all three of them, since he used all three as tools to force them to attack Twilight and, by extension, Equestria, knowing full well they would lose. And when they did lose, he took it upon himself to dispose of them by turning them to stone. Who would think that would be a noble thing to do? Just because they couldn’t be redeemed, it’s ok to use them and treat them like tools? I seriously hope no one has that mindset in real life.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Truthfully, I enjoyed the finale. and I’ll leave it at that.

I will admit, at first I was a li’l disapointed with the semi-controversial twist that Groger wasn’t real, but looking back, as others said, he wasn’t a very interesting villain, (not as much as the trio) and if he was real, he’d be just another generic doomsday villain whom came out of nowhere, or the MLP version of Thanos. Nothing more.

As for those disapointed the villainous trio weren’t reformed, (can’t reform every villain, and honestly the show has been kinda overdoing that) I recall many fans were also begging for Chrysalis and such to not be reformed, so honestly even if they did that, half the fanbase would’ve gotten mad/disapointed anyway, so it doesn’t even matter to me either way, after seeing both sides argue about it so much.

But I tire most of some using this incident as an excuse to demonize characters like Discord, and Starlight instead. Honestly, if you think a power-crazed, destructive, demon centaur, an evil, imperialistic alien-like queen, and a manipulative midget whom tried to destroy all magic, and permanently imprison the Mane 6 in the underworld deserve another “chance,” while thinking Discord/Starlight/ect. deserve the death penalty for their past crimes, (yes, I’ve seen some whom actually demand they deserve death) then that’s a li’l hypocritical, no offense.  
(Not to mention Discord did get punished for it when it all backfired on him, so I don’t understand why some insist he’s a “karmiac houdini.” I think this was done to ensure he doesn’t do anything like this ever again, and bring closure to his character.)  
Meanwhile, Sombra was basically killed off, and oddly I hardly see anyone demanding “justice” for him.

Sometimes things happen in shows that we might not always want.

@Ihhh  
@Ihhh  
I don’t know what to say about that.
Smart Heart

@Beau Skunky  
Here’s the thing. Discord releases those Equestrian threats and deliberately let them attack Twilight and Equestria at large. And he knew that the villains would lose in the end. And when they did lose, he took it upon himself to dispose of them by turning them to stone. In short, Discord used them as tools and threw them away like they were garbage. And the writers at Hasbro think this was ok.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Smart Heart  
You leave out that, he intended to keep them in check to make sure things don’t get out of hand, (like with Sombra, he made sure nobody got hurt) but he didn’t count on them backstabbing him/Groger, it all backfired on him though, they stole his powers, imprisoned him, and such, (and at one point Tirek tried to kill him) and it did teach him a lesson to not meddle or orchistrate events to “test/help” Twilight, and such. So I believe in a way the writers intended this to ensure Discord doesn’t ever do anything like this again, and teach him a harsh lesson as well. They also did it to make sure he was depowered, so viewers wouldn’t assume he was ochistrating the main characters’ safety during the finale, adding more tension.

Also, no offense, but it’s a bit odd you use the “But they’re dangerous criminals, so what he did is unforgivable” argument, at the same time of always insisting the villainous trio should be reformed.  
If they’re “not bad enough to reform,” then Discord releasing them isn’t exactly an “unforgiveable sin” either. You kinda contradict your own argument, no offense.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Smart Heart  
Fans are still free to assume maybe years later, they could be freed from their stone prison, and given a chance at redemption, or at least living in peace somewhere by themselves. (And perhaps being stuck in Tartarus, wouldn’t be much better then being trapped in stone debatably.)

Be happy they didn’t suffer Sombra’s fate.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Smart Heart  
Maybe…

As a Cozy fan, I do admit I kinda understand why some are so upset about Cozy being “stoned” too, especially sense she’s a child. (Though, of course child criminals/murderers sadly do exist IRL, and they’re pretty hard to reform.) I’m not going to deny she did horrible things, and the finale showed she can be pretty dangerous too. (Her brief “ultimate form” shows what she’d be like if she managed to obtain power, and she did try to harm others.)  
I think she might be kinda difficult to reform/redeem, because it’d be difficult to tell if she really is, or if she’s just pulling the, “I’m just a sweet innocent harmless child!” fake routine, as she’s a master manipulator.

So admittedly, I have mixed feelings on Cozy.
Smart Heart

@Beau Skunky  
Even if she were an irredeemable monster, I would never justify turning a child to stone. Solitary confinement, maybe, but not petrifying one. And didn’t Discord say he doesn’t turn ponies into stone?
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Smart Heart  
Maybe he changed his tune, and now understands why those like him were imprisoned that way.

As I said though, at least they didn’t get the death penalty, and it’s possible to release them. So fans can interpret their fate however they want.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide