The End of MLP:FiM thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #82D9  
Not to mention, that year was also when all the social media brony drama started too, like when Tumblr users started demonizing/stereotyping bronies, (some were fellow MLP fans ironically, and did the same things they hated bronies for) when the divisive DWM/Molestia controversy started, among other things, and such.

2013 was NOT a good year for bronies, ask any of us vetrans.  
Thankfully, Season 4 eventually calmed things down.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
In fact, some bronies prefer it over the main pony series.
It certainly caught my attention more than the main series. Probably wouldn’t be here without it.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Brass Beau  
Opposite case for me. After the fourth movie, I grew kinda tired of EqGirls, no offense. I prefer the Pony show.

That said, I do admit alot of the hate, and overreaction when it first came out was overblown.  
It used to be so bad, I actually got verbally attacked here, just, because I said I wanted to give it a chance. I almost permanently left this site back in 2014, because of it.

Things calmed down a bit once the first EqG movie aired.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Slipstream95  
I enjoyed both, though after rewatching Rainbow Rocks, it feels like it kinda overplayed Sunset Shimmer’s sympathetic moments sometimes to the point, it felt like the showrunners were trying too hard to make the audience feel sorry for her.

I liked her better in the third movie, where she was a bit more assertive, and not constantly feeling sorry for herself. Though, I understand the second movie was trying to build her back up, but honestly the Sunset Shimmer in the trilogy all feel like totally different characters to me.

Unpopular opinion, but the third EqG movie was my favorite of the EqG series. The fourth was alright too, but I didn’t like some things like making Filthy Rich a minor antagonist. (Should’ve been Spoiled Rich instead.)

Some of the shorts were good too, I even enjoyed some, that other bronies hated.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Beau Skunky  
I can see what u mean with the 2nd, because while im often not a fan of a reformed character changing too quickly or changing completely, as I wasn’t a fan of her out of nowhere crying when she has never shown remorse for anything before.

I can enjoy it depending on how its written. I feel like with sunset it really worked pretty well and managed to make it feel nuanced genuine and sympathetic towards her and feel like she deserved my sympathy.

Major thing that I loved about is the fact, that sunset wasn’t easily forgiven, easily trusted and had to work for her redemption. Probably also helps that I didn’t like villain sunset as when a character was so great as a villain; one can often be disappointed if they lose all the traits that made them so great in the first place.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide