The Equestria Girls General Thread

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Latecomer
Considering it lost Hasbro a lot of money over the years they decided to cancel the series

I don’t think it ever lost them money. I think it made them a lot of money.

…but it’s a case of will it continue to make them money? Business is about knowing when to stop too. And as interest fades, budgets shrink and it becomes more difficult to come up with new stories to tell, the enthusiasm of the creative team dies down too.

They could likely release another special or two and get some return financially, maybe throw out a new doll or two. But ‘some’ return isn’t really going to justify them putting time, effort and love into something everyone’s likely a little burnt out on, especially when Hasbro has other, new and interesting projects that those people could be working on.

Nobody wants to be working on the low budget, niche youtube animation that’s stretching into it’s seventh year of production when G5 and Pony Life are offering the chance to work on something new.
Background Pony #FF49
@Philweasel  
You’re missing the point FG and Legend of Everfree lost them a lot of money due to availability and the reboot dolls/minis and specials didn’t help their case and since FIM has ended they don’t see doing a another special due to G5 series and movie being worked on. Low EG toys sales from 2018 to 2019 played a part and Boulder said they’re not working on any EG related stuff
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #5BA0  
It continued for ages past LoE, they would have stopped the second it started losing money.

The thing is, a publicly traded company like Hasbro wants growth in their product lines. A shrinking consumer base is going to receive a cursory amount of effort to maintain, but no real enthusiasm.
Background Pony #FF49
@Philweasel  
The interest already wane down and since Mattel already two moves ahead of Hasbro in terms of girls dolls with She Ra DC SuperHero Girls and the new successor to Monster High Hasbro has to fouces on Disney dolls for the time being
Background Pony #3CCF
@Background Pony #5BA0  
Plus the 2018 holiday season and toys r us and low 2019 holiday and the Polly pocket style minis played a part too and besides all the G4 people already left Hasbro including Meghan who left for Netflix
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #3158  
I don’t think she’s left Hasbro, she’s still a producer for G5.

My best guess is that she has less to do during the current hiatus (as the G5 creative team will be now in full ‘creative’ mode, and she won’t want to crowd them too much) and she’s therefore decided to work as a consultant for Megan Dong (as Centaurworld is her first time as a creator).

Those Megans have to stick together you know?

Netflix likes to put their stamp on things, but as anyone who watches anime knows, ‘Netflix Original’ means very little realistically speaking. They count anything they’ve got a exclusive licence to, even if they had nothing to do with it’s production. Dominic Bisignano, the co-executive producer, has worked for pretty much everyone, doing pretty much everything.

@Background Pony #5BA0  
@Philweasel
The interest already wane down and since Mattel already two moves ahead of Hasbro in terms of girls dolls with She Ra DC SuperHero Girls and the new successor to Monster High Hasbro has to fouces on Disney dolls for the time being

Exactly. A declining franchise has no chance selling dolls in the current environment, and if you’re not producing toys, why bother producing content?

It’s not that it was losing money, just that Hasbro saw all the big dogs barking around and figured they should keep their little dog in the kennel for the time being.
Background Pony #3CCF
@Philweasel  
Her LinkedIn page Has been updated to working with Netflix and no Boulder would producing the Series it new writers and new executive producers. Meghan left because she couldn’t able to write on any shows And the president of being now defunct Allspark animation was too much for her and the death threats she getting from email being hacked
Background Pony #D7F3
@Philweasel  
G5 will be animated on Ireland, but dialogue will be recorded either in Vancouver (like most previous generations) or in New York (like the current Transformers cartoons).
Background Pony #D7F3
@Background Pony #3158  
Yes, yes. But I’m sure Hasbro probably will reduce costs for the G5 series (since something tells me that Boulder Media’s animation is a bit more expensive than DHX/WildBrain), so it may be recorded entirely at either Vancouver, New York or even Los Angeles.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #3158  
Well Tara Strong does.

Ironically, I think she has a recording studio at home. Since the voice over director lives in Canada, I’m pretty sure she just recorded there and took direction via skype.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide