The My Little Pony Movie

Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
I do have to admit I pity the parents that are gonna watch the movie with their children. More than an hour and a half of MLP is a lot for someone that, yknow, doesn’t care much about it. Ain’t much they could’ve done to alleviate that.
Then again, the same pretty much applies to all children movies. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel, it doesn’t give the IP the same “spark” which surged the fandom, and it certainly won’t break any records. It’s there. That’s it.
(Would sure be nice if it would at least recoup it’s budget, pretty please)

Hey, Pixar movies were for kids and yet their parents enjoyed them more than the kids themselves, just remember Toy Story and how the final minutes of the third movie absolutely devastated everyone and it felt awesome.  
That’s the feel I was hoping to get from the ponies’movie and instead I got some headbangers mixed with awkward moments-hell, Rescue from Midnight Castle had more twists and surprises than the 2017 movie.

But as I already said, kids themselves probably will love this movie so I don’t think it will fail at the box office.
Background Pony #5DEB
Well, I saw it. The HD rip. Its good! Some stuff I won’t talk about because of banning, few issues to complain.  
Still going to the theater, but my situation’s a little complicated.  
Where I live, we have a LUXURY theater chain Warren Theater that monopolized the market, and rightfully so.  
The owner sold it to Regal recently.  
Its turning to crap. Our area has been spoiled for almost 20 years by the luxury theaters and its kind of producing a lot of discontent for public movies in general.
Hakar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Heart Gem - For users who have donated to the site
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Happy Derpy! -
Silver Supporter -
Artist -

Shame on those who don’t intend to pay for the movie at all…

I’d love to, but apparently I can’t see it in English anywhere near me.
Amethyst_Crystal
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
Due to various priorities, I may have to wait until at least two fridays from now.  
The movie will still be in theatres then.  
…  
Oh it’s friday the 13th the following week…  
maybe I’ll wait until the next day, or sunday or monday, lol!

@Hakar  
Depending where you live, it might not be released yet in your country.  
International Release Dates  
But I guess that doesn’t help if you prefer to see the English version.  
Well, please consider getting a local ticket still, to support the release, if possible!
Background Pony #002D
Still no critic reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I wonder what’s taking them so long, because a high rating could make quite the massive difference in how well the film does.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
…So is Starlight’s appearance at the party from the trailer pretty much the only time she appears in the movie? Does she even have any lines?

(That’s all I’m asking for in regards to spoilers)
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
Guys don’t worry about looking weird in the theater. I worked at one for 3 years, as long as you aren’t being like really strange no one cares what movie you are going to see. Also, most people who work at Movie Theaters are huge nerds from my experience they likely know what Bronies are and are already prepared to get a bunch of adults going to see the movie.

Also for the love of god go see the movie in theaters even if you have seen the leak, I mean at least buy a ticket online and just don’t show up if you really, really don’t want to go.
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
@TheTwitchinator  
All big (and a lot of small) critics get to see any movie a couple of days to a week early. Unless the studio doesn’t want to do a critic screening. Which I’m sure Hasbro did.
EquestrianScholar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@IceKitsune  
Yes, as we don’t want another case like what happened involving Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony where fans pirated the movie and how it didn’t make any money. Another reason why the fandom can’t have nice things, if such happens. If the movie doesn’t make enough, Hasbro may not chance making another movie.
Hakar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Heart Gem - For users who have donated to the site
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Happy Derpy! -
Silver Supporter -
Artist -

@Hakar
You can still buy the ticket online and not use it.

Yeah that’s probably what I’m going to do.

@EquestrianScholar  
@IceKitsune
Yes, as we don’t want another case like what happened involving Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony where fans pirated the movie and hwo it didn’t make any koney. Another reason why the fandom can’t have nice things, if such happens. If the movie doesn’t make enough, Hasbro may not chance making another movie.

Oh and another thing: Buy the merchandise. Some of it is actually really nice.  
Aside from the damn drink containers having versions of each of the mane six except Applejack.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Why do I have a feeling that if the movie bombs the blame will be solely placed on that small % of fans which grabbed the leak?

To be clear, we’re talking about a small subset of the “Brony” community, which itself is a VERY small portion of the target audience.

As for why reviews aren’t out yet…. I’m uncertain. I mean, the embargo’s gone, isn’t it? Why oh why would they hold out so close to release?
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I’m not expecting it to shatter box-office records and be in the #1 spot for weeks… That’s just unrealistic (and yet I’m sure some people will say it’s doomed and a flop if this doesn’t happen).

At most, I expect it to make enough of a profit to be considered a success (which I believe is usually twice the budget).

…Come to think of it, what even IS the budget for this movie anyway? $50 million?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide