The Sunny Starscout thread!

Eragor14
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Sunny Starscout fan
@Pinto Bean
I love how the two of you seem to be the only active users in this channel, outside of me =]
Anyway, I think both of you could be correct. I think that Argyle made the toys, but they are based on existing, older toys that he found around Equestria.
Also, eventually I would love to see if there were any other ponies that have discovered as much as Argyle had.
Eragor14
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Everyone loves to bring up how adorable that scene is XD
I guess ponies holding things in their mouths really is adorable, even if it isn’t exactly hygienic. It was adorable during G4, and it is adorable in G5 as well. Hopefully we will get to see more of it in the series.
Also, something I want to ask you specifically, Cosmos: what do you like most about Sunny? For me, it is her enthusiasm to try and do her best to make other ponies happy. She has a really solid work ethic, and I admire her for that. I also love the fact that she knows and loves the original Mane Six. It makes her a bit relatable, since I own several MLP:FiM toys of my own (which I still have in my bedroom).
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Eragor14
She’s the epitome of a dreamer. Not a selfish one but purely selfless. Someone who hopes for everpony to live together and to live better lives (this last part isn’t stated as much but I headcanon she wants to see other be their best selves).
Her character can be summed up in Gonna Be My Day and I’m Looking Out For You. She doesn’t care what others think. She’ll do the right thing no matter what. And she’ll protect and care for those around her.
If Sunny saw dragons being enslaved and someone justified that, Sunny would not even think twice about breaking their chains (even if she might not have a plan) even if someone threatened to kill her for it.
I bet the other Mane Five while they all have their great traits, they probably look up to Sunny as their hero. Someone who perseveres and who even when everyone is arguing, she reminds them of what it’s all about. She’s the Soul of the group.
If Sunny died, that would probably be saddest day in Equestria.
But as she lives, she is like a city on the hill, where others can be inspired by her example and also do great things themselves. Like Hitch who started to warm up to Sunny’s utopian ideal and even Izzy who was once afraid to go to Zephyr Heights.
I guess in some ways she is like Fluttershy.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
To give a shorter comment: she has such a strong heart of gold. She is selfless and brave and wants to inspire others to live better.
She is like Fluttershy in that she wants to see a world where everypony can love one another.
Sunny is a true hero.
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Honestly, this is the most beautiful description of Sunny I have ever seen. You are a very talented writer, my friend.
Anyway, you’re right about her kindness and selflessness. In this way she is definitely like Fluttershy, which is likely a reason why I myself like her so much (Fluttershy is my favorite G4 character as well as my favorite overall MLP character). I think this kindness and selflessness will be great for her in the long run.
Knowing this, I can say that Sunny could make for a very different kind of Alicorn compared to Twilight, a character that she is frequently compared to despite having a very different personality than Twilight. Putting the lives of others over herself would likely mean that her royal palace would be open to everyone, and she would spend every day trying to help other ponies out. Honestly, this would result in her being highly respected in the long run.
In the near term, there is another thing that Sunny’s kindness could help with: the mystery Alicorn. Honestly, while this may not be the case, I do feel like Sunny will do whatever she can to try and reform that character, even if said character doesn’t want to be reformed. If she succeeds, then it further cements her role as a leader, one that leads with kindness instead of intimidation. It would help to build up both Sunny and the other Mane Five ponies, at the very least, showing more of their traits and also showing why they work so well as a team.
Can’t wait to see more of this, both in Tell your Tale and the upcoming Make your Mark series!
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Yes, I have watched a playthrough of that game. I decided against buying the game until I can get it for a lower price later on.
Overall I thought it was a fun, albeit short, game. The best parts about it were the cutscenes-the characters were very well portrayed, and the animation looked very nice. I also loved the 3D model of Maretime Bay. It looks pretty much exactly as it did in the special.
On the other hoof, I do wish it had more content to it. The game was mostly filled with fetch quests, which gets real old real quick. I was also disappointed to see that the Crystal Brighthouse didn’t have a bigger role in the game, either.
And as you said, Sunny was pretty fun in the game. I loved how they used her Alicorn abilities, even if it was a bit out of character for her since she was still learning how to control her abilities in the Tell your Tale series and the Make your Mark special. Hopefully we get more of Sunnycorn in the full length series.
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
Love how Sunny’s ears twitch in this scene. The little elements add life to her character, bringing her to life (and making her more expressive, as well)
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
That is an amazing drawing of Sunny. Really makes me want to see a modern-day Equestria Girls reboot, with Sunny as the central character. It would be really fun to see in the modern 3D animation style of G5.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Eragor14
I wonder if it would have a semi futuristic vibe. Like maybe there would be hovering cars or holograms.
The question would be what Sunny would be like. Sci-Twi was somewhat different form Pony Twilight.
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Futuristic setting makes sense, considering EqG had more advanced tech than Equestria did at the time, suggesting that technology advances faster in the human realm than in the pony realm. It could be fascinating to see what a hyper-advanced version of Equestria would look like.
As for what Sunny would be like, well, that I don’t know. I never actually got to see what Sci-Twi was like, outside of images that were uploaded to this site. But I can imagine certain aspects of Sunny, like her drive to improve the lives of others around her, would remain the same. Maybe she would have a different career, though, like making sandwiches instead of smoothies.
But it should be noted that the animation style would be consistent with the TV series. After all, the original EqG used the same Flash animation that the main series used. So it would make sense for a refresh of EqG to also use CGI animation just like the ‘Make your Mark’ series.
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Pinto Bean
Hidden on my feed because of the Valentine’s Day tag. Never really liked that holiday as it continually reminds me that I am single. But I must say that is one of the better Valentine’s Day drawings to he uploaded here, not just because it has Sunny but also because it doesn’t show any TMI situations. Thanks so much for sharing this with me, Pinto Bean! Never would have seen it without that.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@naganofan99999
I think Twilight.
Sunny is adorable but I don’t know if she’s as adorkable. She’s doesn’t seem to be quite an egghead like Twilight. Sunny is more social and not as awkward in normal interactions with ponies. Sunny is more of an average girl.
Eragor14
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny Starscout fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Maybe the fact that she is more average than Twi is a reason why I prefer Sunny to Twi. For me Twi was never all that relatable due to her intellect. Sunny, on the other hand, does a lot of things that I do on a daily basis. Combine that with a selfless attitude, and you got a pony that I personally root for and want to see more of.
Also, some of these positives apply to Fluttershy, as well: much like Sunny she also treats everyone with kindness and lives a pretty simple life. Due to her kindness I have taken a liking to her over time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide