Viewing last 25 versions of post by Starponys87 in topic Times that MLP failed at friendship

Starponys87
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
![](https://wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/cc059980-9807-4c76-8377-039e2849f696/df17o1k-704347f0-6d1b-4eb2-9668-c0537cf3836c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImV4cCI6MTY0NjYwODM5MCwiaWF0IjoxNjQ2NTg2NzgwLCJqdGkiOiI2MjI0ZWJhNmE1ZDE0Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2MwNTk5ODAtOTgwNy00Yzc2LTgzNzctMDM5ZTI4NDlmNjk2XC9kZjE3bzFrLTcwNDM0N2YwLTZkMWItNGViMi05NjY4LWMwNTM3Y2YzODM2Yy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.7Da2njW3IjsJepa9iH7LYtoofvoBtwLHu2NIW04TQhs)

**Many bronies, as I understand, think I'm just upset the comic was darker than I wanted. That's not true. Rather, I feel the kitties were drawn as a terrible caricature to keep us from caring about their lives. To my surprise, it seems many bronies don't get that impression.**

From the MLP comics, the very first story arc haunts me to this day. I feel the artists deliberately dehumanized a race of innocent kitties. I don’t think they meant us to feel bad about the (possible) genocide. For the life of me, I don’t see how such writing fits any message of friendship.

To be clear – my complaint problem is not the (apparent) destruction of the kitties per se. It is about the writers – because I feel they didn’t care about the kitties any more than the changelings themselves. The apparent dark humor sends that message to me. To me, it makes “Friendship Is Magic” feel like a terrible joke. If the Mane 6 had found out -- and said some angry words about it -- then I would have felt that the writers cared.

I hate to think that most bronies don’t care about the kitties. IFortunately, fsomear Iwho enjoy this comigc do care about these innocent bcreatures, despite disagreeing with me that the wrlyiting was terriblone.

I really feel that the kitties were being played for a silly caricature -- like we were not meant to take their lives seriously. I feel that if the kitties had been wearing pink triangles and saying "love is love", then most bronies would have cried "homophobia".

I hope you can at least appreciate why I'm so sensitive. It's because I want to be a friend. And I feel bad to enjoy anything that makes me feel like a terrible friend. And saying it's just fiction doesn't make it right to me. Please don't brush off my grievances.

I wish that this story arc would be officially disowned. If I’m not mistaken, the developments in Season 6 effectively discard that arc from the canon. Even so, I wish it would be made official.

Otherwise, I wish there would be a follow-up where the reformed changelings are forced face to face with their true dark past. In the process, they must make up for what they did to that race of innocent kitties.

I’m thinking something like this:

> A mysterious race of monsters is attacking Equestria. As Thorax and Pharynx figure out, it’s the kitties the changelings had preyed on. With all love sucked out of them, they have become monstrous shadows of their former selves. And they mistake the ponies for the changelings.
>
> With the Mane 6 down for the count, the reformed changelings must save the day. The kitties are possessed by a literal spirit of hate, seeking to consume everycreature it can. The changelings cannot fight fire with fire. The evil spirit can be defeated only by breaking the cycle of hate.
>
> The changelings are led by Spike, Thorax, Pharynx, and Ocellus. In this case, the Elements of Harmony are not enough (including the Pillars and the Student 6). Instead, love itself must overcome this literal embodiment of hate.
>
> As Spike, Thorax, and Ocellus discover, the changelings must return the stolen love. They figure this out when seeking a path to forgiveness, finding the chance to reach out to a few kitties. Pharynx, meanwhile, must overcome his fear and cynicism.
>
> The kitties are not as bothered by Spike, since he’s a dragon. Therefore, Spike manages to advocate for the changelings – explaining how he made friends with them. For the kitties to receive the changelings’ love, they must let down their defenses – and so must the changelings.
Reason: Giving an update in light of feedback
Edited by Starponys87
Starponys87
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -

Friends with Autism
![](https://wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/cc059980-9807-4c76-8377-039e2849f696/df17o1k-704347f0-6d1b-4eb2-9668-c0537cf3836c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImV4cCI6MTY0NjYwODM5MCwiaWF0IjoxNjQ2NTg2NzgwLCJqdGkiOiI2MjI0ZWJhNmE1ZDE0Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvY2MwNTk5ODAtOTgwNy00Yzc2LTgzNzctMDM5ZTI4NDlmNjk2XC9kZjE3bzFrLTcwNDM0N2YwLTZkMWItNGViMi05NjY4LWMwNTM3Y2YzODM2Yy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.7Da2njW3IjsJepa9iH7LYtoofvoBtwLHu2NIW04TQhs)
From the MLP comics, the very first story arc haunts me to this day. I feel the artists deliberately dehumanized a race of innocent kitties. I don’t think they meant us to feel bad about the (possible) genocide. For the life of me, I don’t see how such writing fits any message of friendship.

To be clear – my complaint is not the (apparent) destruction of the kitties per se. It is about the writers – because I feel they didn’t care about the kitties any more than the changelings themselves. The apparent dark humor sends that message to me. To me, it makes “Friendship Is Magic” feel like a terrible joke. If the Mane 6 had found out -- and said some angry words about it -- then I would have felt that the writers cared.

I hate to think that most bronies don’t care about the kitties. I fear I might be nearly alone.

I really feel that the kitties were being played for a silly caricature -- like we were not meant to take their lives seriously. I feel that if the kitties had been wearing pink triangles and saying "love is love", then bronies would have cried "homophobia".

I hope you can at least appreciate why I'm so sensitive. It's because I want to be a friend. And I feel bad to enjoy anything that makes me feel like a terrible friend. And saying it's just fiction doesn't make it right to me. Please don't brush off my grievances.

I
wish that this story arc would be officially disowned. If I’m not mistaken, the developments in Season 6 effectively discard that arc from the canon. Even so, I wish it would be made official.

Otherwise, I wish there would be a follow-up where the reformed changelings are forced face to face with their true dark past. In the process, they must make up for what they did to that race of innocent kitties.

> A mysterious race of monsters is attacking Equestria. As Thorax and Pharynx figure out, it’s the kitties the changelings had preyed on. With all love sucked out of them, they have become monstrous shadows of their former selves. And they mistake the ponies for the changelings.
>
> With the Mane 6 down for the count, the reformed changelings must save the day. The kitties are possessed by a literal spirit of hate, seeking to consume everycreature it can. The changelings cannot fight fire with fire. The evil spirit can be defeated only by breaking the cycle of hate.
>
> The changelings are led by Spike, Thorax, Pharynx, and Ocellus. In this case, the Elements of Harmony are not enough (including the Pillars and the Student 6). Instead, love itself must overcome this literal embodiment of hate.
>
> As Spike, Thorax, and Ocellus discover, the changelings must return the stolen love. They figure this out when seeking a path to forgiveness, finding the chance to reach out to a few kitties. Pharynx, meanwhile, must overcome his fear and cynicism.
>
> The kitties are not as bothered by Spike, since he’s a dragon. Therefore, Spike manages to advocate for the changelings – explaining how he made friends with them. For the kitties to receive the changelings’ love, they must let down their defenses – and so must the changelings.
No reason given
Edited by Starponys87
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism

To be clear – my complaint is not the (apparent) destruction of the kitties per se. It is about the writers – because I feel they didn’t care about the kitties any more than the changelings themselves. The apparent dark humor sends that message to me. To me, it makes “Friendship Is Magic” feel like a terrible joke. If the Mane 6 had found out -- and said some angry words about it -- then I would have felt that the writers cared.

I hate to think that most bronies don’t care about the kitties. I fear I might be nearly alone.

If that’s the case, then I ask, how would the fandom feel if the kitties had worn pink triangles and said “love is love”? Would those fans despise the apparent mockery of homosexuals? I really feel that the kitties were being played for a silly caricature -- like we were not meant to take their lives seriously. I feel that if the kitties had been wearing pink triangles and saying "love is love", then bronies would have cried "homophobia".

I wish that this story arc would be officially disowned. If I’m not mistaken, the developments in Season 6 effectively discard that arc from the canon. Even so, I wish it would be made official.

>
>
>
>
No reason given
Edited by Starponys87
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism

If that’s the case, then I ask, how would the fandom feel if the kitties had worn pink triangles and said “love is love”? Would those fans despise the apparent mockery of homosexuals? I really feel that the kitties were being played for a silly caricature -- like we were not meant to take their lives seriously. I feel that if the kitties had been wearing pink triangles and saying "love is love", then bronies would have cried "homophobia".

>
>
>
>
No reason given
Edited by Starponys87
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism

If that’s the case, then I ask, how would the fandom feel if the kitties had worn pink triangles and said “love is love”? Would those fans despise the apparent mockery of homosexuals?

>
>
>
>
No reason given
Edited by Starponys87
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
From the MLP comics, the very first story arc haunts me to this day. I feel the artists deliberately dehumanized a race of innocent kitties. I don’t think they meant us to feel bad about the (possible) genocide. For the life of me, I don’t see how tsuche writing fits any message of friendship.

To be clear – my complaint is not the (apparent) destruction of the kitties per se. It is about the writers – because I feel they didn’t care about the kitties any more than the changelings themselves. The apparent dark humor sends that message to me. To me, it makes “Friendship Is Magic” feel like a terrible joke.

If that’s the case, then I ask, how would the fandom feel if the kitties had worn pink triangles and said “love is love”? Would those fans despise the apparent mockery of homosexuals?

>
>
>
>
No reason given
Edited by Starponys87
Starponys87
Artist -

Friends with Autism
From the MLP comics, the very first story arc haunts me to this day. I feel the artists deliberately dehumanized a race of innocent kitties. I don’t think they meant us to feel bad about the (possible) genocide. I don’t see how the writing fits any message of friendship.

To be clear – my complaint is not the (apparent) destruction of the kitties per se. It is about the writers – because I feel they didn’t care about the kitties any more than the changelings themselves. The apparent dark humor sends that message to me. To me, it makes “Friendship Is Magic” feel like a terrible joke.

>
>
>
>
No reason given
Edited by Starponys87