Too Many Pinkie Pies General

Wesley Foxx
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
I saw a couple images sparking conversation on the topic of this episode, and yeah, its probably why its one of my favorites of S3 despite generally not liking Pinkie very much. This stuff was dark when you think about it, and opened up so many possibilities.

We now have a pool that can photocopy a pony into a shallow shell of themselves obsessed with whatever you were when you made the clone. And Twilight now has a spell that can banish anyone, or at least anyone who’s had contact with the pool, into it. A spell she’s been shown capable to be able to use in rapid succession on dozens of pony clones.

You can do a lot with the idea of a rogue pinkie clone, the moral dilemmas of whether or not the clones counted as people (They’ve been shown to be intelligent enough to be taught, and the original clone wasn’t that much divergent from the original’s personality, even remembering (incorrectly, but still remembering) stuff like Fluttershy’s name.

Then you have all the issues and quandaries surrounding Twilight’s method of distinguishing the real one from the fakes. You’d kind of hope that the real one would have just gone visibly Pinkamina when she got all existentially crisis’d and depressed, but even ignoring that, none of the other ponies notice she’s the only one acting differently.

I had the thought when making this thread that a more effective solution to the watching paint dry puzzle would have been to just tell them all to watch the wall, explain that it was very serious that they do because its to determine who is the real pinkie, but don’t openly threaten to banish them for it, then have RD make her distraction. Ideally, every head but one would immediately turn to look at her. Pluck the true pinkie from the crowd (Or at least single out the ones who aren’t distracted), ask her some questions to confirm, THEN rapid-fire pool banishment the extremely vapid, blatant clones. Ones who show the willingness to be more than just FUNFUNFUNFUN can stay, just not in Ponyville.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
What I think that mirror pool really is a different dimension altogether. Think about it where did all the Pinkies go? Is this a dimension with infinite Pinkie Pies? Does that mean that there are so many dimensions with other characters in them or what?
Takuto_Shindou

I really liked this episode, it was a big punch in the faces of the ones who kept saying Pinkie was flanderized, good to remember once again that Pinkie isn’t just a comic relief character but a funny character with hidden depth.  
Though Twilight’s idea wasn’t much convincing, I was disturbed thinking about Pinkie being sent by mistake.
archestereo

@Keith Mowz

…I think technically Spike did, but Twilight shot him down (because apparently she thought Pinkie was flanderized too).

But hey, what if the Pinkie clones were like the shadow clones from Naruto, where they’re more like extensions of the original rather than fully realized individuals, even though they could demonstrate complex behavior? Yeah, okay, so the Pinkie clones were a bit more disconnected and out of hoof, but clearly the whole deal with the MIRROR pool was that it allowed REFLECTIONS to walk the earth, as opposed to the real thing.
Sjogre

@archestereo  
Spike did notice that Pinkie was acting differently, and wanted to talk with her, which would have given them the information needed to sort out the copies. But Twilight decided that talking to them was worthless, instead choosing a random test with no logic behind it. Remember, Twilight thought that they had the memories of the original which means that they would have had the same emotional connection to Pinkie’s friends.

Normally I’d grant a character with access to information the audience lacked the benefit of a doubt when it comes to their decisions, but Twilight didn’t know that the copies lacked the memories of the original, so that book didn’t seem to have enough information to be useful. It flatly lacked the information needed to find out who the original was, and Twilight didn’t examine the copies enough to find that out, something that would have taken only a handful of questions.

The copies were effectively newborns, and managed to show some capacity to grow. The simple fact that it took different amounts of time for them to fail the test showed that they had developed some differences. While Twilight didn’t know that they were new entities rather than true copies, she was willing to destroy beings that might have been her friend on the slightest of pretexts. Really, that test didn’t look for the original, it just looked for the least annoying.

That episode kinda spotlights the kind of disdain that Pinkie’s friends hold her in. They really don’t respect her at all. Even less that Fluttershy, which is kinda sad since Pinkie can actually handle herself better in daily life.
Takuto_Shindou

@Sjogre  
What?The message is totally the opposite, they didn’t stand these clones because they’re completely off of what Pinkie really is, it showed that even being silly Pinkie has a lot of passion and feelings to protects what she loves the most, that it’s her friendship with the others.
Sjogre

Yes….? My point was that the dupes weren’t Pinkie, despite the cast acting like they were indistinguishable. Twilight claimed that talking to them would reveal nothing, despite the episode itself saying the exact opposite. Twilight was wrong in-story, she was just never called on it.

The cast never made an attempt to communicate with the original or the copies, instead writing them off as typical Pinkie behavior. They were annoyed about all the Pinkies, but didn’t think that they were actually acting oddly, which means that they didn’t realize that the copies lacked Pinkie’s memories. Her friends are kinda jerks to her, when you get down to it.
Takuto_Shindou

@Sjogre  
Well it’s on the title, 1 pinkie is good, too many pinkie pies is too many.  
Imagine if there were tons of Rainbow Dash flying all around and saying “radical”things, you think they wouldn’t react the same way?
nyxabuse

Twilight has terrible reasoning skills, see also: Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Anyway, I just assume that the out-of-hoof callousness with which the rest of the cast treat the pinkie clones is them (subconsciously) getting revenge on the real Pinkie Pie for being the most obnoxious pony in all of Ponyville.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide