Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

[@Spinny](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5233924#post_5233924)
The vital factor regarding viewer perception is it had the narrative disproportionately weighted to sympathizing with Twilight. The others didn't see the flashbacks Twilight had, they saw less suspicious things than she did, and they had Chrysalis successfully manage to manipulate them offscreen. The fact Twilight handled the callout poorly was just icing on the cake.
[@Kiryu-Chan](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5234439#post_5234439)
> tbf Twilight should have said something about “Cadance”’s green glow when she was accusing her

Did the show even establish by that point (if they ever did, which I don't remember) that they can see magic aura colors? I don't think they did. That element seems like it can be argued that it's more for the viewer's benefit on foreshadowing than anything else; for what it's worth, Twilight's impersonator in S6 had a purple glow.

Twilight could've genuinely just had a detail fail to register anyway, caught up in her grumpiness, and it wouldn't be unprecedented for her to be oblivious in some fashion; she *never* was suspicious in the vein of "that couldn't have been the real Cadance."

She *can* be 100% faulted for *definitely* never mentioning that "Cadance" didn't recognize the "Sunshine Sunshine" dance, which she knew for certain.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@Spinny](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5233924#post_5233924)
The vital factor regarding viewer perception is it had the narrative disproportionately weighted to sympathizing with Twilight. The others didn't see the flashbacks Twilight had, they saw less suspicious things than she did, and they had Chrysalis successfully manage to manipulate them offscreen. The fact Twilight handled the callout poorly was just icing on the cake.
[@Kiryu-Chan](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5234439#post_5234439)
> tbf Twilight should have said something about “Cadance”’s green glow when she was accusing her

Did the show even establish by that point (if they ever did, which I don't remember) that they can see magic aura colors? I don't think they did. That element seems like it can be argued that it's more for the viewer's benefit on foreshadowing than anything else; for what it's worth, Twilight's impersonator in S6 had a purple glow.

Twilight could've genuinely just had a detail fail to register anyway, caught up in her grumpiness, and it wouldn't be unprecedented for her to be oblivious in some fashion; she *never* was suspicious in the vein of "that couldn't have been the real Cadance."

She *can* be faulted for *definitely* never mentioning that sh"Cadance" didn't recognize the "Sunshine Sunshine" dance, which she knew for certain.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

She *can* be faulted for *definitely* never mentioning that she didn't recognize the "Sunshine Sunshine" dance, which she knew for certain.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

She *can* be faulted for *definitely* never mentioning that she didn't recognize the "Sunshine Sunshine" dance.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Twilight could've genuinely just had a detail fail to register anyway, caught up in her grumpiness, and it wouldn't be unprecedented for her to be oblivious in some fashion; she *never* was suspicious in thate vein of "that couldn't have been the real Cadance."
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Twilight could've genuinely just had a detail fail to register anyway, caught up in her grumpiness; she never was suspicious that "that couldn't have been the real Cadance."
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The vital factor regarding viewer perception is it had the narrative disproportionately weighted to sympathizing with Twilight. The others didn't see the flashbacks Twilight had, they saw less suspicious things than she did, and they had Chrysalis successfully managed to manipulate them offscreen. The fact Twilight handled the callout poorly was just icing on the cake.

Twilight could've genuinely just had a detail fail to register anyway, caught up in her grumpiness; she never was suspicious that "that couldn't have been the real Cadance."
No reason given
Edited by AC97