Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235519#post_5235519)
And it's blatantly obvious that Starlight could see that it wasn't a desired outcome to begin with based on the picture, even if it *was* her fault it went wrong (which, again, it wasn't). Twilight *trusted* her with that pretty much immediately (Starlight didn't do this *without* consent, *unlike* S6, and it's not even clear it was even real *magic,* considering hypnosis exists in reality), but nothing could stop the power of "Inconvenient Pinkie."

What can I say? Confirmation bias is a thing, I feel like. Anything will seem like something damning if you reach hard enough, whether subconsciously or consciously, even if it actually isn't by some, possibly most standards.

[@GenericArchangel](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235589#post_5235589)
Well, you can technically argue that happened regarding the Storm King, since... they didn't really make an effort to catch him with the Staff, or seem torn up about it, but yeah, Starlight comes across as somewhat ruthless, which I like about her.

I also rather like Cadance for the fact she can be compassionate, but ruthless as hell (her end results against major villains: forcibly ejected, *blown the hell up*).

[@Kiryu-Chan](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235964#post_5235964)
Yeah, I've thought it's unfair to pin the blame for that special being lackluster on Starlight, when I think it's clear that it was moreso how the villain was the issue, both in her anticlimactic nature, and how she was a downgrade in how she was handled in Movie Magic, which if the resolution for that stood, I have a feeling Juniper would've been less despised as an antagonist. Not even sure that special needed a villain.
[@Vivace](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235991#post_5235991)
Special mention goes to Rollercoaster of Friendship in that regard, because of Vignette "I couldn't care less to the point I'm obviously bored out of my mind wondering about whether they were trapped or erased from existence" Valencia getting a quick and easy anticlimactic reformation.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@Myoozik](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235519#post_5235519)
And it's blatantly obvious that Starlight could see that it wasn't a desired outcome to begin with based on the picture, even if it *was* her fault it went wrong (which, again, it wasn't). Twilight *trusted* her with that pretty much immediately (Starlight didn't do this *without* consent, *unlike* S6, and it's not even clear it was even real *magic,* considering hypnosis exists in reality), but nothing could stop the power of "Inconvenient Pinkie."

What can I say? Confirmation bias is a bitching, I feel like. Anything will seem like something damning if you reach hard enough, whether subconsciously or consciously, even if it actually isn't by most standards.

[@GenericArchangel](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235589#post_5235589)
Well, you can technically argue that happened regarding the Storm King, since... they didn't really make an effort to catch him with the Staff, or seem torn up about it, but yeah, Starlight comes across as somewhat ruthless, which I like about her.

I also rather like Cadance for the fact she can be compassionate, but ruthless as hell (her end results against major villains: forcibly ejected, *blown the hell up*).

[@Kiryu-Chan](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235964#post_5235964)
Yeah, I've thought it's unfair to pin the blame for that special being lackluster on Starlight, when I think it's clear that it was moreso how the villain was the issue, both in her anticlimactic nature, and how she was a downgrade in how she was handled in Movie Magic, which if the resolution for that stood, I have a feeling Juniper would've been less despised as an antagonist. Not even sure that special needed a villain.
[@Vivace](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5235991#post_5235991)
Special mention goes to Rollercoaster of Friendship in that regard, because of Vignette "I couldn't care less to the point I'm obviously bored out of my mind wondering about whether they were trapped or erased from existence" Valencia getting a quick and easy anticlimactic reformation.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

What can I say? Confirmation bias is a bitch. Anything will seem like something damning if you reach hard enough, whether subconsciously or consciously, even if it actually isn't by most standards.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

And it's blatantly obvious that Starlight could see that it wasn't a desired outcome to begin with based on the picture, even if it *was* her fault it went wrong (which, again, it wasn't). Twilight *trusted* her with that pretty much immediately (Starlight didn't do this *without* consent, *unlike* S6, and it's not even clear it was even *magic,* considering hypnosis exists in reality), but nothing could stop the power of "Inconvenient Pinkie."

What can I say? Confirmation bias is a bitch. Anything will seem like something damning if you reach hard enough, whether subconsciously or consciously, even if it actually isn't by most standards.

No reason given
Edited by AC97