Viewing last 25 versions of post by CronoM in topic Unpopular opinion time

CronoM

Unpopular opinion: (I apologize if this seems random, but its just ideas off the top of my head.)

**G4 needs to reignite.**

We don't know how G5 will last since its popularity isn't as viral, and I wouldn't be surprised if instead of a G6, G5 in the end will pull off something that shakes the series enough to grab enough attention...they alter the timeline, and a new show with G5 and G4 characters and maybe more exists. A new timeline that happens somewhere near the end of the series.

Keep in mind, they already toyed around with G4: Pony Life, showing they aren't averse to creating G4 in new timelines (like where Pinkie Pie has a competitive brother), but I think they will go back to the series that has COUNTLESS fans and literally re-ignite it with an altered timeline, one less weird then Pony Life and far more ambitious.

I'm not hating on G5 in the least but...after G4, the G5 team doesn't strike me as characters that will create a new fandom phenomenon, but they do strike me as a team that can uncover what happened in the past and create a better future even if it means altering the timeline and brining the main characters back on board.

**In a way, yes, I want Hitch Trailblazer and the others to be our Future Trunks.**

----
----
----
----

Question: Are there people at Hasbro who are unsatisfied with the untapped potential still in G4's vast, vast array of characters? Both story and financial wise?

My guess is yes.

Think about it...G3 actually had more console games then G4, G3 had a low graphics G3 pinkie pie baking game. G4 had a few mobile games with basically no gameplay and little interest.

So why not reignite the series with a ton of loose threads spun together?

Scorpan? Bring him in.
Celestia and Luna's backstory? Bring it in.
Spike's parents? Bring them in.

The list goes on and on and on.

While Pony Life in its short life had mixed feelings, it wasn't repulsive(mostly). People weren't outraged by a brief new G4 timeline, one that didn't overstay its welcome like Teen Titans Go.

So what if they only partially restart the series in a way that other series do (not like Ben 10 did) and instead up the story and fanservice (when appropriate) to stuff the fan wants.

When all of the Mane 6 charged into the fray of hundreds of changelings at the end of the second finale and kicked ass, did everyone cheer? Hell yes. Its not bad to bring more action and adventure to a magical world.

Yes, Hasbro is mostly hopeless. But the don't want to lose money or a huge cash cow. What happens in the next few years could be quite interesting.

No reason given
Edited by CronoM