Viewing last 25 versions of post by Kiryu-Chan in topic Unpopular opinion time

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
[@Phoenixflambe](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5289797#post_5289797)
No
Of that list, I'll give Mudbriar since I find myself channeling him on occasion. Blueblood and Zephyr are intentionally written to be unlikeable(if anything they dropped the ball with Zephyr by trying to get the audience to sympathize with him with very little justification), and Trenderhoof just sucks, he's just lame.

On one hand I think it's cool to attempt to add some depth to them(Comics did a decent job with this for Blueblood in the comic he shared with Shining Armor, and both the Comics and Equestria Girls went to great lengths to actually make Zephyr more likable by showing him putting more effort into his craft whereas the show just doubled down on his loser traits). On the other hand I don't think there's anything wrong with making characters with the sole purpose of making sure the audience hates them and I don't know why people have a problem with this(for example I see this all the time with Blueblood)
No reason given
Edited by Kiryu-Chan