Unpopular opinion time

Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@Itsthinking  
Considering her motives in the premiere, her motivation in the finale didn’t make sense. In the premiere, she said she wanted all of Equestria to adopt her ideology; instead of traveling back in time and altering the past so that her ideology came out on top, she travels back in time for the sole purpose of fucking with Twilight and her friends.
Jades

What I find more annoying is that some people are positively happy Starlight managed to equal Twilight in magic and that somehow makes Twilight less of a Sue even though her magic had nothing on why she was close one in the first place.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@Jades  
I guess some people don’t care she’s a villain sue as long as she’s able to fuck with Twilight.

@Itsthinking  
The fact she didn’t think to use time travel for anything other than fucking with Twilight makes it seem like she didn’t give a rats ass about equality in the first place. Then again, that wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Crystal Neighybánya  
She only cared about being pissed about cutie marks, and fucking with these cutie marks made her worst enemy miserable.

She’s willing to sacrifice anything, even herself, just to make sure her enemy has a bad ending. A villain that’s willing to take themselves down with their enemy is a pretty good one, IMO.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
She only cared about being pissed about cutie marks, and fucking with these cutie marks made her worst enemy miserable.

If that’s the case, why’d she put such a big emphasis on equality in the first place?

@Itsthinking  
She’s willing to sacrifice anything, even herself, just to make sure her enemy has a bad ending. A villain that’s willing to take themselves down with their enemy is a pretty good one, IMO.

That’s all well and good, but a good villain should have consistent motivations.

@Jades  
Oh, there’s no doubt about it: Starlight Glimmer is a grade-A psycho bitch.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Crystal Neighybánya  
The most that makes sense is that she got the spell legally(who’s to say that vault is well guarded?) and the other things were just practiced hard over the gap between premiere and finale. Which is good, hard work like that should get results.

What doesn’t make sense is how little she knew of the mane six’s importance, the role of friendship in their day-saving, and how the hell that the map, an entirely new thing that could not possibly have anything about it published or easily accessible in any equestrian informational source would help her spell work.
Jades

@Crystal Neighybánya

The biggest problem I had with Glimmers portrayal in those last 10mins was besides her blatant OOC portrayal was if we take what they intended to do with her in the last few minutes as some tragic figure then that means that Everything about Glimmer before those 10mins means that instead of an intellectual written villain she was actually atrociously written character that wasn’t the actual intentional.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@PonyPon

She did the same thing Radiant Sue did in the comics: Cast the “Summon Script” spell and read about both the time scroll and the Cutie Map while disregarding the rest. Unicorn magic is so convenient.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@PonyPon  
But why was she so good at magic in the first place? Her being entirely self-taught and being as good as she is seems not only implausible, but downright mary sue-ish. If they do go more in depth about her backstory next season, I hope they make it so Starlight had a mentor or something.

@Poison Trail  
Hooray for lazy writing!
Jades

@Crystal Neighybánya

I personally hope they don’t do anything more with that backstory. They already screwed up massively as the first step by having Starlight treat it as a big thing. If they show something even more traumatic happened to her,etc they might actually just flat out make her completely unlikable.
Jades

@Crystal Neighybánya

Judging by how the episode ended they think the backstory was legit so that’s highly unlikely. I know many compare her ending to the Season 3 finale but really the writers thought the Season 3 finale was the end. I can’t say the same for Starlight. I said this before but it looked like they skipped her redemption process because they didn’t give a crap about it and really wanted to get into the student stuff.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I just don’t want Sunburst to have some sort of guilt about this. I literally want him to say “Starlight who?” and have it be a lesson about how things that matter to you might mean nothing to others, and that includes friendships.

On the fence about them mending their friendship, though. It would be them actually being friends for the first time if true.
Jades

@PonyPon

Friendship lessons? Then again her problem wasn’t even friendship anyways yet the show seems pretty certain it is.

@Itsthinking

I’m not sure the show would actually do this. The show seems to certainly think they were friends in the flashback.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide