Unpopular opinion time

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@gingerninja666  
It made everypony look bad. They all got owned by a filly.

@Background Pony #3AC6  
Sunset is easier to like. Unlike Starlight, she wasn’t surrounded by as high a concentration of Equestrian magic during her redemption arc, and as a result, characters were generally less willing to forgive and welcome her so readily with a mere apology than ponies would have been. Meanwhile, ponies huff that shit like it’s O 2 , so they don’t hold grudges as tightly once you show them your redeemable side and especially not when that side gets capitalized on. They tend to concern themselves more with one’s potential, which could be considered appropriately immature for a younger less developed audience. And it kinda connects back to their phenomenon of cutie mark acquisition.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Vivace

It was obviously not going to be a 1 to 1 comparison when it was decided that Sunset would primarily reside in the human world, whereas the opposite was the case for Starlight, with her being under Twilight’s direct supervision. It only became more obvious as time went by that she wasn’t a retread.

It was arguably for the better really, her being differentiated in terms of who she was shown being around.

(EQG is a series that it’s sort of hard to argue with someone going “ugh, a character going here is how they get to do nothing,” because really, nothing there affected the status quo of FIM.)

also sunset isn’t overly compelling
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@AC97  
I think the difference can be summed up in Sunset being a terrible villain, and Starlight a great one. The former nothing to lose going good, while the latter had everything, including her social skills and lack of empathy.
Latecomer

@Vivace  
Sunset’s post-villain arc was external - about dealing with the damage she did as a bad girl and winning back peoples trust. Starlight’s was internal - about overcoming her own negative urges and becoming a better pony. No-one seemed to think that both of them should be doing both, hence hero and villain Sunset being almost totally disconnected and Starlight being forgiven unquestioningly bi the ponies whose marks she took.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
I can bu some ponies believing that - especially ones who were only her captives briefly. A whole town she lied to for months, even years? Even ponies aren’t so kind. And it teaches kids wrong ideas too.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer  
Mm-hmm. Sunset forgave herself the fastest of everyone who could, if My Past is Not Today is an indicator, while Starlight was constantly self-flagellating internally. No one hated what she did more than she did.
Background Pony #801A
@Vivace  
I always thought My Past Is Not Today was after RR. In the movie, she was pretty self-doubting and the reason why she didn’t speak up for most of the movie was because she felt she didn’t deserve to.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #3AC6  
The only episode I can admittedly think of where that’s the case was Shadow Play where Starlight was the only reasonable one in the group. I guess you can also count School Daze in there but that one I disagree with.

@Meanlucario  
I hate that so much, that she always has to be in the right.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I love it when fan fics give single name characters are given last names based on their siblings. Like Rarity Belle or Fluttershy Breeze.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
I doubt people will read it as “instantly.” Besides, season 1 had a ep where the moral was that trying to help leads to wars. It was an ep where the Mane Six was a hindrance and caused more conflict than if they weren’t there in the first place.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Everyone in Equestria has a true place and has the potential for a fulfilling life, and that, more than rainbow magic or talking horses, is what makes it a fantasy world.
I’m not so sure watching this show is great for real world prep anyway.
Background Pony #1518
@Dustcan

In fairness, they’re just trying to bring some consistency to surnames in FiM, because it’s pretty damn inconsistent.

Why did Spoiled Milk become Spoiled Rich, yet “Rich” isn’t a surname of Diamond Tiara?
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Meanlucario  
I’ve seen too many adult fans who unironically believed that FiM was 1:1 with reality, and then I also saw their meltdowns and anger when they were told it wasn’t the case.

Not kid fans, not teenaged fans: adult fans.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide