Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Myoozik

I think that was a deliberate red herring, and a pretty good one at that, mind you.

Making friends with any other creature must seem like a step down. It’s just so impressive how you keep trying to understand friendship, even though it isn’t in your nature. Oh! I’ll let you borrow my notes! It’s what friends do. I’ll be right back!
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@GenericArchangel
Also, on the subject of Cozy, it sure was a pathetically massive oversight on Twilight’s part not to question or verify Cozy’s family situation.

I’m going to take my joke as canon. She’s an orphan with suspiciously glowing recommendations from the orphanage she came from, and Twilight took one look at her application before shedding a tear and signing her up immediately.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In regards to Cozy, I thought this (finished) comic series was pretty nice, personally (I liked how it had an ending on the uplifting side, even if it’s sad due to the subject matter. Her mother that you’d just want to give a big hug to.)

(Oh, and uh… kinda sorta sorry for spoiling that development, on what it was about; it wasn’t much of a surprise anyway, mind you, you can easily see it coming, on who it’s about)
Vivace
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Before The Maud Couple went to the end credits, Pinkie should’ve calmly told Mudbriar that his “technically” junk isn’t really endearing. Maybe in a way similar to how Starlight told her that a red velvet jalapeño omelette sounds gross, but more tactfully.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Cozy herself admitted that she a kid.

I mean, to play Devil’s advocate here, would you really say that’s a foolproof argument? Cozy Glow’s a liar of massive proportions, and for her, one like that would just be another Tuesday.

Not saying I think she isn’t one, but… her word means exactly as much as her assertion of “since Grogar left me in charge…” and so on. She’s kinda sorta a psychopath, and she’s arguably a pathological liar, one who’d lie even when she’d gain nothing in doing so (like pretending she thought Grogar was “Grofar” right after hearing it, as part of the pathological cutesy act).
TheAmazingPeanuts

@AC97

She could be an adult who is acting like a kid since her character is inspired by Mary “Baby Doll” Dahl from Batman: The Animated Series, but we really know since the writers didn’t give her a background or motive for her actions. She pretty much a throwaway character.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@TheAmazingPeanuts  
She’s hardly a disposable character, given she’s got possibly the largest amount of screentime of any villain in the show.

Most characters in this show never get any real backstory. We still know next to nothing about Rarity’s childhood.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Philweasel

Orphan or not, I do think that the upbringing she had most likely influenced her evil tendencies, and it’s something that really needed to be taken into consideration before callously tossing her in pony hell.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Exactly. Instead of callously tossing her into pony hell they should’ve learned her childhood then callously toss her into pony hell while shouting “This child’s formative years sucked!”

It’s the Christian thing to do.
Latecomer

@AC97  
How about the fact that she and Appleack grew up in the same town, almost certainly went to the same school their whole childhoods, including both before and after AJ’s trip to Manehattan… and yet for all the show throws them together, we never see ani reference to the past?
TheAmazingPeanuts

@Philweasel

I’m not saying that every villain needs a backstory but it wouldn’t hurt to know why she got the motivation to do all the things she did. That’s her major criticism of her character and why most fans don’t like her.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide