Unpopular opinion time

Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Mildgyth  
It would make sense. Like, unless that trait was a very recent mutation how would they not be better equipped to deal with it? Either that or the vast majority of kirin DID move away and those were the holdout minority who would rather lobotomize themselves than travel for like an hour to get to the canyons, or desert, or ocean XD
Background Pony #6AF2
@Mildgyth
It would make sense. Like, unless that trait was a very recent mutation how would they not be better equipped to deal with it? Either that or the vast majority of kirin DID move away and those were the holdout minority who would rather lobotomize themselves than travel for like an hour to get to the canyons, or desert, or ocean XD
It isn’t too recent, given that the mutation seemingly occurred over 1000 years previously, before Star Swirl’s time.

Well if we’re going for wild fan guessing, I like to think that at one point in time they had a symbiotic relationship with another species native to Equestria, that we know feeds specifically on negative emotions.  

Or at least they did up until said species realized it could use the negative emotional energy they consumed to become more powerful, at which point they swiftly turned evil, prompting the heroes of that era to make them someone else’s problem.  

This absence left the kirin in the unfortunate position of having to deal with negative emotions they hadn’t really had to keep in check before, which is why the sudden increase in house fires caught them by surprise and lead to their rather hastily thought out (albeit effective) solution.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@LightningBolt  
Like what?

Also worth noting is kirins are one of the few things newer than me to really take off (Starlight, CMC marks, Flurry, Windy Whistles and Pear Butter to an extent, Student 6, Cozy, Grogar, Li’l Cheese, and Luster Dawn are about the only ones. Add kirins and I think that’s roughly equal to what Seasons 1 and 2 gave us)
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@LightningBolt
Like what?

Literally any other species that isn’t ponies or kirins (and i like ponies) griffons, hippogriffs, seaponies, changelings, sirens, even changedlings and I hate those. Just everyone needs to stop drawing and plushing and crafting all the kirins 500x over.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Marx  
Were? They still are. Only with bat ponies they’re old enough to have a legacy and are actually just a type of pony so it makes sense to be edited ponies, plus there’s a fuckton of bat pony OCs.

Kirins are supposed to be a different species but you can’t even tell really. so it feels like everyone drawing/plushing them is just lazy and thinks that editing a pony to make a kirin will rake in the attention/money as opposed to making something wholy different.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@LightningBolt  
Yeah, kirins are lazy pony edits. It’s actually to the point where I consider kirins one of the 8 (9 if you include alicorns) “Houyhnhnms” (Earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, batpony/thestral, kirin, zebra/zecora (abada?), kelpie, and melowy)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide