Unpopular opinion time

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Apogee is one of the worst OCs in this fandom who has no personality other than “cute woobie” and Shindoage is a hack writer. Need I remind you that Shindoage rebooted his own comic because he was mad that people sympathized more with Apogee’s dad rather than Delta Vee, only for the reboot to make Delta even LESS sympathetic.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
If we are being real, we are human, so biases are always a risk while making and writting a character. The issue comes more from how much is acceptable and inoffensive for the quality, and when is just getting toxic or overbearing.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I find it funny that people still claim to this day that the rainbow Changelings were for toys, when they never even GOT any.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
I’d argue that Fluttershy was even more of the favorite for the staff than Starlight ever was.
At best, one could say they wanted to play favorites, to which they were told no. Fluttershy? They got the approval to actually go and do it. For even longer.
Background Pony #2602
@Myoozik  
Fluttershy wasn’t a late add on who was set to take over and replace the cast. She may have been more “advantaged” when it came to character writing by the later staff of the final season but she was never in a place to take over. And prior to the final season was one of the least used characters of the main cast
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, Starlight “taking over the show” was obviously changed pretty early on considering how she was barely even present in season 6. Not that that stopped people from claiming that she took over the show for the next several years…
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Jarkes  
I can see them being used more to advertise candy than toys.

@Background Pony #5B04  
True, but just be happy that the idea got vetoed. I’m a massive Starlightfag and I’m glad that she didn’t take over the main cast. Fluttershy though, she really started getting put on a high pedestal as the show continued.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Jarkes

I dare to say they probably didn’t know what to do with her, specially because of how much of a mixed reputation she had (and still has today), a lot of Starlight episodes resolved around ideas to play with what they have in order to build her off as a character, trying to make her badass but then trying to play her insecurities, and sometimes both. I think the writters just didn’t had a plan and struggled coming up with ideas.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Jarkes  
so apogee is fluttershy, basically?

that said, let’s not start calling other users hacks. opinions are opinions, which is fine, but rule #0 is also a thing.

@Myoozik  
i think that one was a pretty good showing of everything that’s bad about the show. characters acting out of character to further a plot, characters getting away with murder because they’re protagonists, characters not suffering consequences for their bad actions, no payoff whatsoever to behavior. it’s not the worst episode overall, but none of it was done well.

@Jarkes  
they might have been intended as such. a lot of elements were introduced as such. they might have just ended up never making toys of them, possibly because they were uglier than a bucket of smashed assholes.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
@DanielTepesKraus  
But yet, it got a dedicated internet wide fandom, nine seasons, a feature length movie, a spinoff series, comics, tons of merchandising and fan conventions. Isn’t it funny how fucked up the show is if you look at it in hindsight? XD
Background Pony #2602
@Myoozik  
I don’t consider it being put on a pedestal as much as fan pressure to change the character as well as comparison to the other characters rather than one of her own.

Fluttershy had the whole “She has the same plot/learns the same lesson” criticism put on her from a rather early start which more or less forced or at least pushed the writing staff to lean away from it, in a time when the scripts were given more time and had a better chance to receive that criticism.  
Compare this to say Applejack or Rainbow Dash, who didn’t get this same type of criticism early on. This allowed the writers to more so slack off and have them be rewritten learning the same lessons over and over again despite their characters being at a point where they should have known better. So to me had the other characters been written as their progression should have been, then the idea wouldn’t be prevalent within this thread. In other words if the fans hadnt’ been critical of her in the past, then said same one would have been cropping up as it had for the other characters
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Myoozik  
that’s just it. it’s not a badly done show. most of our complaints are quibbles and nitpicks at best. even the show only having maybe three or four genuinely awful episodes out of nine seasons is pretty impressive.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Also, I find it funny that people still claim to this day that the rainbow Changelings were for toys, when they never even GOT any.

That…kinda makes their change worse imo. There were a lot of things later on they did that felt like it was done for the sake of toys, but they were their own ideas rather than Hasbro. Changedlings, the Student Six, the The new Treehouse of Harmony

@Myoozik  
@Background Pony #5B04
I’d argue that Fluttershy was even more of the favorite for the staff than Starlight ever was.

It was her or Rarity, both had a really gross favoritism and bias towards them
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
I must say MLP’s bigges strenght was also in a way his own main weakness: it has a rather relaxed way to approach on certain areas.

While this could mean the characters could be rather versatile and do things amazing with that, it also at times could compromise characterization and disbelief.

Is not an outright bad approach though, just a thing of strenght/weakness thing.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@DanielTepesKraus  
I can criticize and talk shit about stuff that’s happened to the show at any time, but what matters to me is my enjoyment of it. That’s why I’m so heavily into music, there’s so much to criticize and nitpick towards songs and artists and such, but my enjoyment of it trumps over any problems.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Moreso Fluttershy where at least Rarity wasn’t made out to be the reasonable one or the one to save the day every single time.
Latecomer

@DanielTepesKraus  
I do think the characters are pretty well-defined for the most part - redemption seems to be more at the whims of plot than other things. Even so, though, there has been a mostly-consistent rule that favours forgiveness of those who are willing to apologise and change their ways. But the treatment of both SG and CG at the end of their seasons was kind of OOC IMO.

And I’ve heard the opposive accusation “Whi does Starlight put up wivh trixie?” Mi conclusion is that theu put up with each ovher because theu know theu don’v deserve toleranvce ani more than the other does.
Wiimeiser
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I don’t think Fluttershy’s been in the wrong since Putting Your Hoof Down, actually. Maybe you need someone who hates your idea to co-write for you. Though be careful to not be like the UN where nothing gets done because Winnie the Pooh is neo Hindenburg (and he already acts like Hitler so imagine what WWIII’s will be like). I think, if I ever get this original IP off the ground, I’ll hire an anti-brony furry on the writing staff.
Latecomer

@Wiimeiser  
She’s been wrong as part of the group often enough. Indivduallu… she had her key ep of course, and also learned a lesson in Health of Information, but in both cases her main flaw was being too caring so I dunno if they count. Oh, she was defintlu wrong in Fake it till you make It! And arguably in Sounds of Silence, too. Pity those were rather forgettable episodes…
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
When people say: “Oh, they should’ve played up how Starlight was a piece of shit for laughs.” That… kinda would’ve killed what I liked about Starlight, I think. To me, almost all of her episodes are already about how she’s a mess of a person. Episodes like On The Road to Friendship, or Uncommon Bond. They aren’t funny to me. They paint the picture of a character who’s kind of a catastrophe even though she genuinely wants to be better.

Her explosion at Trixie in A Horse Shoe-in is also not funny. I think it’s a genuinely well written and emotionally harrowing. One of my top 5 favourite scenes in all of season 9 probably. I don’t think Starlight is a funny character, and at her best I think that’s what works best about her. The emotions I associate with her episodes are depression, worry, and melancholy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide