Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

While highly frustrating to mani people’s headcanon, Star Swirl the Bearded’s history in the show (not the comics) is fully self-consistent.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
While highly frustrating to mani people’s headcanon, Star Swirl the Bearded’s history in the show (not the comics) is fully self-consistent.

I hate how right this is. And, truthfully, the only thing I still hold against the whole Pillars thing is them planting the Tree of Harmony. That’s dumb, the Tree has been- and was afterwards- treated as one of the highest powers in the setting.
GenericArchangel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Latecomer  
Well that certainly wasn’t my opinion- for a long time I thought the Tree had even brought Luna and Celestia into being, such was its power and influence. And I still hold the opinion that a greater magic force is what caused those two to be born.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
Well let’s not mince words, we all thought the tree was god, and functionally, it still is.

Basically.

@Latecomer  
I like to think of the Tree as a physical form of a deeper magical force that guides the setting.
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
That works for me - what doesn’t work is Hearth’s Warming being after Star Swirl’s time instead of the other way around.

WAIT WHAT?! Hearthswarming was after his time?!

That… that just breaks the timeline. It can’t be saved. There’s no saving it. We know the Sisters were not alive for Hearthswarming, and Starswirl was their mentor, so…
Latecomer

@GenericArchangel  
Well then, the Pillars just found an incarnate part of that force - like a proto-Element - and infused it with virtue.

@GenericArchangel  
First, we don’t know ani such thing. Second, he was alive before Hearth’s Warming, but there’s no saying he was dead before it. Especially since one of his peers was a pegasus serving in a royal legion - something which only seems possible after the sisters came to power.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@GenericArchangel

Apparently Clover the Clever was his apprentice.

Frankly, in my headcanon i just solve that problem by assuming that there were two different Clover the Clevers 1 - the first, female, prophet of Friendship, who lived in the time of Hearth’s Warming, before Star Swirl, and another, male, named after the more famous one, who was Star Swirl’s apprentice and was involved with the memory stone.

1 - Which in pony language, may well be one single word - Ziragšabdar, in my intepretation

@Latecomer

Well, he wasn’t exactly dead…
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@Mildgyth  
That I can live with, and hell it makes sense. One wonders how many Lunas and Celestias there are born every year in Equestria, and odd it must have been for Twi to meet the first foal named after her.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@GenericArchangel

I tend to think of it as, like, a benevolent Skynet. Something that was originally created by humans (or ponies in this case) but rapidly grew beyond their understanding and became vastly more complex all on its own.

There are plenty of stories about humanity creating something that eventually surpassed us. The Tree is just a rare positive version of it.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@GenericArchangel  
The series has plenty of crazily powerful things that were just created by ponies, though. The Crystal Heart and the Alicorn Amulet were created by someone, and ponies can just casually be born with god-tier power that’s enough to rend reality. It makes sense that they could create something that powerful, and it would explain why it’s flawed like how it seems to have no comprehension of morality :D

@GenericArchangel  
Honestly the show’s timeline has been broken since a millenia-long goddess’s alternate universe equivalent is somehow a woman who’s probably lived about 20 years at most :P
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@[Ω]  
Lol yeah. That’d have made for a funny alternate ending or something. She comes back and Equestria is like Blade Runner now and everyone’s making fun of her for trying to impersonate the princess who vanished thousands of years ago XD

@Mildgyth  
I guess principals are just super-young in that world. I’d be surprised if Twilight was any older than 20 (I’d peg her at 17 at the oldest) and she ran a school :P
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide