Unpopular opinion time

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Well he ruined the most important episodes of S9 for starters, What about Discord, Make Friends But Keep Discord, a Matter Of Principals, There’s A Crowd, Celestial Advice. Almost all of his appearances post reformation is just him either being a giant, unlikable prick torturing everyone whenever he doesn’t get his way or being an excuse to shit out out-of-place pop culture references. Only episode I can think of where he was actually tolerable was Discordant Harmony
Background Pony #25AD
Some thoughts:
  1. What if Pre-refromed Discord met his post-reformed self?
  2. @Meh brony
    @Brass Beau
    Good points each.
  3. Why didn’t Grogar recruit Lightning Dust?
  4. It would’ve been interesting to see a animated actors episode.
  5. What if Sombra was doing the Fake Grogar and not Discord? What if he wanted to get rid of all three?

Additional thoughts:

What if the Nightmare force bonded with Chrysalis?  
What if Twilight had a memory erase spell?  
What if Twilight had a spell that allowed her to blend into the environment?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan  
Yeeeah, about that…

full

If that doesn’t convey the problem with Starlight being a reformed villain with a redemption arc character in the context of a TV show like MLP Friendship is Magic, I don’t know what does.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team  
>Starlight after one bad episode where it’s still regarded is a bad thing she did  
>Discord after almost every single appearance he’s made after S3 and always brushes it off either by giving him a slap on the wrist or outright rewarding him

Dickord is still worse in almost every regard
Background Pony #2BCA
@Kiryu-Chan  
You forgot the time she sold her friends home and left her in the desert when she complained, was gonna watch Trixie kill herself untill Twilight talked her into helping, Magically “improved” big Mac, infected ponyville with the rage virus, meddled with the cutie marks of her rulers, Disintergrated Discord and scared the shit out of her students, And that her plan and actions during that plan were as cruel as anything Discord ever cooked up and the consequences should she have succeeded even worse.

And she never faced any consequences, just like Discord. Theyre as bad as each other but the show desperately wants you to think she’s better.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #2BCA  
And she was chewed out for all of those, which is still more than I can say about Discord. Speaking of which

@Kiryu-Chan
Disintergrated Discord

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

You know what? fucking good. This was without a doubt the best thing Starlight did. A Matter of Principals was Discord at his absolute worst and the fact that they made Starlight apologize to him is an absolute lead of garbage
Background Pony #2BCA
@Kiryu-Chan  
They both get chewed out all the time and nothing else but no one promoted Discord to guidance counsellor and principle did they? Starlight failed up due to nepotism and than told off Trixie for expecting the same without a hint of self awareness. You know what else was cathartic? Watching starlight get a taste of her own medicine when she got brain fucked by Sombra and her ass kicked by chrysalis.
Background Pony #6709
@Background Pony #2BCA  
sold her friends home and left her in the desert when she complained

Fair on selling the wagon, but Trixie stormed off into the desert on her own. Starlight didn’t leave her there.

was gonna watch Trixie kill herself untill Twilight talked her into helping

I mean, on the heels of being told Trixie was being a false friend, by Trixie herself, I imagine she was still emotionally reeling. I’d be pretty steamed to find out my friendship with someone was just a ploy to inspire jealousy in someone else.

Took big Macs voice  
She did the reverse. Made him more loquacious. To which AJ’s death glare got her to fix her mess.

infected ponyville with the rage virus  
>virus  
Ponyville’s population is more than 3. Also, that was over 90% Trixie’s fault.

meddled with the cutie marks of her rulers  
Nothing like Freaky Friday therapy. Least she’s not gonna try it twice.

Disintergrated Discord  
Oh, yeah, she did. And it was fucking GLORIOUS! Kiryu’s right, that ending was BS. and scared the shit out of her students No more scared than when Discord sicced a bugbear on them immediately before, with no indication that he wouldn’t let it maul any creature for real.

And that her plan and actions during that plan were as cruel as anything Discord ever cooked up and the consequences should she have succeeded even worse.  
Run that back? Ya lost me.
Background Pony #2BCA
@Kiryu-Chan  
And something else, Starlight never knew Discord at his worst. She never saw or suffered from the things he did.

In fact, their first encounters were him helping her save their friends and sacrificing himself and offering her congratulations at their award ceremony.

Almost all their previous interaction had been a net positive and she had none of the emotional baggage towards him that the other characters had.

So disintegrating him so hard it shook the earth for being annoying seems like an overreaction towards someone who had been her comrade and closest ally.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #2BCA  
Didn’t she just banish him from the premises? And he was actively endangering the students while Twilight was away. If my mentor gave me a big responsibility and my friend was doing his best to duck that up I’d be pissed, too.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #2BCA
Didn’t she just banish him from the premises? And he was actively endangering the students while Twilight was away. If my mentor gave me a big responsibility and my friend was doing his best to duck that up I’d be pissed, too.

And at the end, the episode wanted us to believe that Starlight was in the wrong for declining Discord’s assistance. Horse apples.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide