Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@Ring Team  
The audience might be told the lesson(s), early, but it takes time (and a giant monster attack) for Twilight and co to learn them. It might be a bit boring otherwise…
Sadrai

@Ring Team  
The complaints I see usually for Boast Busters is about Snips & Snails not being punished plus the whole almost destroying the town thing, it’s what made them get hate for so long since that was there first appearance.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer  
I agree for the most part, but I think a storyteller should surprise the audience with some unexpected twists or unexpected lessons. One of the reasons why A Canterlot wedding is one of my favourite episodes in MLP was because it has a crazy unpredictable story.

If Boast Busters didn’t touch the themes of being modest with your skills right at the very first two minutes (maybe until the first half of the story), the episode might be more enjoyable and more rewatchable.

@Sadrai  
So people wanted Snips and Snails to be punished for almost destroying Ponyville, but people didn’t want Starlight to be punished for manipulating everyone and recklessly vengefully manipulating time and thus creating multiple wars and doomdays for all ponies across multiple alternate timelines.

full
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Latecomer
@Sadrai
So people wanted Snips and Snails to be punished for almost destroying Ponyville, but people didn’t want Starlight to be punished for manipulating everyone and recklessly vengefully manipulating time and thus creating multiple wars and doomdays for all ponies across multiple alternate timelines.

There’s also the fans who don’t want Rainbow Dash punished for breaking into a factory, destroying its equipment, and leaving all of Equestria with no weather for who knows how long, simply because she’s a “hero”.  
Newsflash: Real heroes don’t break the law, nor do they cause collateral damage or put innocent lives at risk.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

To be honest, I don’t like Tank for the Memories either. Rainbow Dash was really mean, but one of the reasons I haven’t mentioned too much this episode was because back in 2015 some people said in another forum that I was too nitpick. After that, I don’t remember too much about it, just that I didn’t like Rainbow Dash in that episode.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
With the power of hindsight. Trixie wasn’t anywhere near as Interesting in the canon as the fanon made her out to be

Granted that’s the case with dozens of characters back then
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
To be honest, I don’t like Tank for the Memories either. Rainbow Dash was really mean, but one of the reasons I haven’t mentioned too much this episode was because back in 2015 some people said in another forum that I was too nitpick. After that, I don’t remember too much about it, just that I didn’t like Rainbow Dash in that episode.

Same here
Ring Team
Artist -

@Sadrai  
Maybe it’s me, but the background characters are much more interesting than Trixie, or at least the Trixie who came back in season 6. I think the way she was written from seasons 6 to 9 is pure fanfiction material. It’s an example of why a popular demand shouldn’t be an option in terms of creating new content for new seasons.

Maybe that explains why Slice of life was pretty good to me.
Don't

Get up and Jump
@Sadrai  
Kind of, at the time the fandom had an insane creative side that made hundreds of Headcanons, Fanfics and fanon in general out of the smallest thing

But in general, I find it pretty interesting how Trixie somehow became this tragic anti Hero Twilight Rival and Luna student for quite some time in the fanon when her Canon self was never that complex

There are many such cases in early characters, I agree, but only Derpy and Luna could compare in the amount of Fanon generated by a non main/Secondary character
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
Well, I think Boast Busters has at least one big unexpected twist - the whole “Ursa Minor” thing. And in any case, a lot of early FIM was about doing the obvious story well, not suberting it.

@Don’t  
She might not have been complex per se, but she made a great pair with Starlight.
Don't

Get up and Jump
I sometimes feel that The Fanon gave me false expectations about certain Characters that the show never met leading to my disappointment in certain decisions
Background Pony #8A65
Tired of people whining about how Spike is treated poorly. Spike’s whole thing is that he’s the put-upon everyman (everydragon?).

“Spike is neglected because he wasn’t at Twilight’s birthday party or there to meet Maud!”.

You know characters don’t have to be in every single scene of every single episode, right?
Background Pony #8A65
Let’s be real, even if Spike WERE in the episodes people complain that he’s absent in, a lot of Spike fans would still complain because the Mane Six aren’t worshipping the ground Spike walks on.
Don't

Get up and Jump
@Ring Team  
I mean

To be fair, a lot of the fanon that I am talking about was very interesting and could have been in the show.

And some of it was actually somewhat used in the IDW Comics, or at least something that resembles it

Want some examples?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Every character has terrible fans. Because get a fandom large enough and there will always be nutjobs.

Spike gets a disproportionate about of them, or at least disproportionately loud, on account of being pretty much the only male “main” character. So he’s the designated one most neckbeards imprint on.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
On the topic of shitty fans, the Sunset vs Starlight fights that happened between those 2 were really stupid and the obnoxious fan of both characters made the normal ones look bad.
Background Pony #E5CA
@Dustcan  
So you’re saying Hitch will get the worst fanbase of the Mane 5. Please no, I don’t want to be lumped in with the crazies.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide