Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #7032
So, thoughts:
…What if Grogar was real and didn’t get drained?

You know, looking back at this, if using meh brony’s scenarios:

worst case scenario that all three of them would’ve been sent to Tartarus instead of being turned into a statue, a second plausible best case scenario is that the three of them would’ve experienced an even evil has standards moment under grogar and potentially helped the heroes defeat him, which in turn would convince the ponies to give them a second chance albeit under very tight scrutiny, not unlike how the mane six initially treated discord during the early stages of his reformation.

The first one sounds less harsh, but the fans would complain.  
The second one would be good, but considering how much criticism the show tended to get for constant reformations, i can imagine a even bigger criticism from some fans. (Though it would make others happy, so…)
Background Pony #7032
  1. Fans probably will still complain about them not getting reformed.  
  2. In addition, they would also complain that the villains took the easy way out.

No pleasing fans unfortunately.

Though, i think meh brony’s second scenario is a much better ending, though i would have them be more neutral and have them occasionally either help the mane six or cause chaos like discord does.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Dex Stewart  
That actually would have been non controversial, because villains usually take themselves out due to their own stubbornness. The problem people have is that the good guys set those who can’t fight anymore to their fates.

While I liked the subversion and found it pragmatist and realistic. Because of the concept of the show such as friendship and belief that they could have changed given enough time i can understand the controversy to a degree.

This causes the fandom to portray the good guys as savage bullies even tho from there perspective the trio never shown a ounce of a chance of redeemability like our protagonist have never watched frenemies and the trio have spent all day trying to kill them and have harmed their way of life and those those they care for before with no remorse.  
Then with chrysalis making it known they wont change and will always return. Princesses and Discord: And we take that personally.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Free the Tantabus
@CORDZ2000  
The issue I take with the way the villains were handled is, well, the way they were handled. Discord made it very clear that being a statue was a horrible experience, and one can see why! Being fully conscious, yet unable to move, speak, or talk, stuck in one place for an indeterminate amount of time. Sending them to the moon would’ve been more humane, but most humane of all would be Tartarus, which is a prison.

No one, no matter how evil, deserves to have their basic rights and dignities taken away. Especially not out of petty vengeance.  
Edit: Discord being the source of said petty vengeance, he suggested the statue thing knowing full well how awful it was, and he picked it to “get back” at the villains for betraying him.
Background Pony #4530
Petrification is just an unsatisfying villain defeat for a series finale, no one thought Discord would remain a statue for 7 seasons yet they want us to believe the trio will, for all eternity.  
Arrested, killed, banished, any other non-reformation scenario would have been better than what we got.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@GenericArchangel  
On paper discord turning the trio to stone is a epic idea, like the end of a era ending of a reformation arc. Once the villain put in stone to save EQ and so he can no longer cause harm. Hes the one doing it to 3 villains now epic!

This was the mindset behind it in the writers room and im sure that was discords intentions as well he didn’t turn the trio to stone for the lulz he had good intentions in doing so in a antihero way giving evil what it deserves and making sure they can’t come back to cause more harm. But u ask why he didn’t care about them causing harm before i don’t believe he didn’t as he considered himself a safety net and he saw it as a means to a end to help his friends ultimately succeed.

Not saying whether thats right or wrong but basically his mental state behind it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide