Unpopular opinion time

Sadrai

So since Snips & Snails were hated for being one note dumb boys in the first couple seasons & then got better in later seasons by giving Snips a greedy side & Snails a zen sports master side what other personality traits or characteristics would u give the the two to make them both have more character?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer  
I don’t know, I think it was a great episode about Spike and his identity questions. Just because he’s a dragon doesn’t mean he has to be agressive or rude. At least that’s what I got.

@Sadrai  
I don’t know. I think Snips and Snails are totally fine the way they are. It was weird that one of them happens to be a master player in that buckball sport, but other than that they were fine.

That said, it would be fun to see then fighting against the villains in The ending of the end, just for the laughs. xD
Background Pony #BD89
@Ring Team  
From the episode’s transcript page on the MLP wiki:

Spike: I don’t act like other dragons?

Pinkie Pie: Oh, not even close!

Applejack: But why would you want to, Spike?

Replace “dragons” with a real-life ethnicity.

Now keep in mind that this negative view of dragons held by the ponies is vindicated later in the episode, and how Spike, in response, chooses not to identify as a dragon.

And again, replace “dragon” with a real-life ethnicity.
Background Pony #BD89
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH”:/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5119467#post_5119467  
I’m just glad Spike at Your Service reversed the last bit and had Spike make up a morality standard for dragons so he could have an idealized dragon image to aspire to. Say what you will about the Dragon Code itself or SAYS as a whole, but the moral implications of “setting a standard for [PEOPLE GROUP] as an example to other members of that group to follow and to leave a more favorable impression on others” is a whole lot better than “everyone in [PEOPLE GROUP] is horrible by default, and the best thing that can be done by members of that group that aren’t terrible people is to discard their presence in [PEOPLE GROUP] entirely”.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Background Pony #BD89  
Also, you can replace it with “men” or “males,” and it’s problematic in a misandric sense. All of Garble’s gang were male.

@Ring Team  
I will admit, it would probably amusing to see Snails holding his own in a fight, just out of the fact he can both fly with magic and just act without thinking.

@Dustcan  
It’s up for debate if that’ll ever happen, at least regarding total numbers, considering how much of a success G4 was. New art? I’ll give you that. It would be strange.
Background Pony #7032
@AC97  
And considering G4’s cult following, G5 has major horseshoes (no pun intended) to fill.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #BD89  
I get the logic, but I think the point of that episode wasn’t necessarily about not acting like a dragon would, more like be good to everyone, a “don’t be a dick” moral. When some dragons decide to capture some poor eggs of a bird family, why would you act like them?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Ring Team  
Because you’re finally getting some masculine influence in your life, and fitting in despite your lack of experience?

It’s not great, and it’s not the most moral, but I’m just guessing why Spike would, not why or implying that Spike should.
Sadrai

@Ring Team  
I agree with u but apparently other fans disagree seriously I once saw someone hate them for simply talking in cart before the pony & all they said was like a couple sentences each in that episode, & that idea of them facing a big bad would have been hilarious.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide